Kaos with Keir.
Radio Man
2023-10-20 09:55:28 UTC
So it looks like a leftcunt government is on the way, with all the
problems that inevitably come with it: strikes, public transport in
chaos, NHS in chaos, education in chaos, high taxes, corruption, deep
cuts in council budgets, etc, etc, etc.

I think that the only chance we have to stay in power is to move rapidly
to the right. If we put Braverman in charge and draft Farage in as a
special advisor, I think we might just be able to recapture the
enthusiasm and imagination of the loony old man in the street and get
another term.

What say you?
charles
2023-10-20 10:08:03 UTC
Post by Radio Man
So it looks like a leftcunt government is on the way, with all the
problems that inevitably come with it: strikes, public transport in
chaos, NHS in chaos, education in chaos, high taxes, corruption, deep
cuts in council budgets, etc, etc, etc.
I think that the only chance we have to stay in power is to move rapidly
to the right. If we put Braverman in charge and draft Farage in as a
special advisor, I think we might just be able to recapture the
enthusiasm and imagination of the loony old man in the street and get
another term.
What say you?
your first paragraph describes the current situation, not something "on the
way".
--
from KT24 in Surrey, England - sent from my RISC OS 4té²
Tim+

Please don't feed the trolls
The Natural Philosopher
2023-10-20 12:01:53 UTC
Post by Radio Man
So it looks like a leftcunt government is on the way, with all the
problems that inevitably come with it: strikes, public transport in
chaos, NHS in chaos, education in chaos, high taxes, corruption, deep
cuts in council budgets, etc, etc, etc.
I think that the only chance we have to stay in power is to move rapidly
to the right. If we put Braverman in charge and draft Farage in as a
special advisor, I think we might just be able to recapture the
enthusiasm and imagination of the loony old man in the street and get
another term.
What say you?
Doesn't matter who you vote for.
The government always gets in

I will vote for any candidate that is not LibLabCon. Except Green. And
SNP. And Sinn Fein and Plaid Cymru.
--
“It is dangerous to be right in matters on which the established
authorities are wrong.”

― Voltaire, The Age of Louis XIV
Roger Hayter
2023-10-20 14:58:29 UTC
On 20 Oct 2023 at 13:01:53 BST, "The Natural Philosopher"
Post by The Natural Philosopher
Post by Radio Man
So it looks like a leftcunt government is on the way, with all the
problems that inevitably come with it: strikes, public transport in
chaos, NHS in chaos, education in chaos, high taxes, corruption, deep
cuts in council budgets, etc, etc, etc.
I think that the only chance we have to stay in power is to move rapidly
to the right. If we put Braverman in charge and draft Farage in as a
special advisor, I think we might just be able to recapture the
enthusiasm and imagination of the loony old man in the street and get
another term.
What say you?
Doesn't matter who you vote for.
The government always gets in
I will vote for any candidate that is not LibLabCon. Except Green. And
SNP. And Sinn Fein and Plaid Cymru.
What have you got against Plaid Cymru? They don't really have any discernable
policies - they're certainly not nationalists, though they're probably
generally in favour of Wales.
Roger Hayter
The Natural Philosopher
2023-10-20 15:19:36 UTC
Post by Radio Man
[...]
I am in general against hopeless ideologues.
--
“I know that most men, including those at ease with problems of the
greatest complexity, can seldom accept even the simplest and most

― Leo Tolstoy
Roger Hayter
2023-10-20 16:51:04 UTC
Post by Radio Man
[...]
They may be hopeless, but I challenge you to define their ideology - they are
not particularly in favour of independence, for instance.

I vote for them as an alternative to spoiling the ballot paper.
Roger Hayter
Andrew
Not when you live in East Anglia you don't.
Roger Hayter
2023-10-20 18:13:31 UTC
Post by Radio Man
[...]
But I never have and never will.
Roger Hayter
The Natural Philosopher
2023-10-20 18:15:19 UTC
Post by Radio Man
[...]
Exactly. I live in Matthew Hancock's seat. Last election there were
three names on the ballot paper I think, maybe 4. I couldn't bring
myself to vote for *any* of them.
In the bye elections today, the truth is that *less* people voted for
Labour, and even massively less people bothered to vote for Tory.
In short the voting public has had enough of all of them.

The real problem is that there is no one worth voting for at all.
--
"First, find out who are the people you can not criticise. They are your
oppressors."
- George Orwell
Joe
2023-10-21 08:37:48 UTC
On Fri, 20 Oct 2023 19:15:19 +0100
Post by The Natural Philosopher
The real problem is that there is no one worth voting for at all.
Or to put it another way, no party seeks to represent the people of
Britain, and to manage *their* country responsibly.
Joe
The Natural Philosopher
2023-10-21 09:49:11 UTC
Post by Joe
On Fri, 20 Oct 2023 19:15:19 +0100
Post by The Natural Philosopher
The real problem is that there is no one worth voting for at all.
Or to put it another way, no party seeks to represent the people of
Britain, and to manage *their* country responsibly.
As I said in another thread, plebs, as they see it, can go fuck
themselves and they will import docile Romanians to be their servants
instead
--
“The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly is to
fill the world with fools.”

Herbert Spencer
Peter James
2023-10-21 10:35:20 UTC
Post by Joe
On Fri, 20 Oct 2023 19:15:19 +0100
Post by The Natural Philosopher
The real problem is that there is no one worth voting for at all.
Or to put it another way, no party seeks to represent the people of
Britain, and to manage *their* country responsibly.
Every nation gets the government it deserves.
Joseph de Maistre (1 April 1753 - 26 February 1821)
PeterFJ
--
“Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest.”

― Denis Diderot 1713- 1784
Joe
2023-10-21 22:17:57 UTC
On 21 Oct 2023 10:35:20 GMT
Post by Peter James
Post by Joe
On Fri, 20 Oct 2023 19:15:19 +0100
Post by The Natural Philosopher
The real problem is that there is no one worth voting for at all.
Or to put it another way, no party seeks to represent the people of
Britain, and to manage *their* country responsibly.
Every nation gets the government it deserves.
But why do *I* have to have the government *they* deserve?
Joe
Brian Morrison
2023-10-20 19:43:50 UTC
On 20 Oct 2023 16:51:04 GMT
Post by Roger Hayter
I vote for them as an alternative to spoiling the ballot paper.
That's all it's for these days.
--
Brian Morrison

Oscar Wilde
Roger Hayter
2023-10-20 20:26:32 UTC
Post by Brian Morrison
On 20 Oct 2023 16:51:04 GMT
Post by Roger Hayter
I vote for them as an alternative to spoiling the ballot paper.
That's all it's for these days.
I'm not convinced it's ever been different in my lifetime.
Roger Hayter
Andrew
2023-10-20 17:41:56 UTC
Post by Radio Man
[...]
Like the so-called Reform Party then ?. (run by a LOndon
Property spiv).
The Natural Philosopher
2023-10-20 18:11:27 UTC
Post by Andrew
Post by The Natural Philosopher
I am in general against hopeless ideologues.
Like the so-called Reform Party then ?. (run by a LOndon
Property spiv).
Well no, they are not ideologues. Just conservatives.
The key is whether or not people are selling big government or
'independence' as a solution to *moral* problems or whether they are
selling pragmatic solutions to real world problems.
Usually with as little government as is practical

Josef Stalin
Roger Mills
2023-10-20 21:31:18 UTC
Post by The Natural Philosopher
Doesn't matter who you vote for.
The government always gets in
I will vote for any candidate that is not LibLabCon. Except Green. And
SNP. And Sinn Fein and Plaid Cymru.
Looks like it may have to be the Monster Raving Loony Party then!
--
Cheers,
Roger
alan_m
2023-10-20 22:08:43 UTC
Post by Roger Mills
Post by The Natural Philosopher
Doesn't matter who you vote for.
The government always gets in
I will vote for any candidate that is not LibLabCon. Except Green. And
SNP. And Sinn Fein and Plaid Cymru.
Looks like it may have to be the Monster Raving Loony Party then!
So you are going to vote Conservative?
Jeff Gaines
2023-10-21 07:28:24 UTC
Post by alan_m
Post by Roger Mills
Post by The Natural Philosopher
Doesn't matter who you vote for.
The government always gets in
I will vote for any candidate that is not LibLabCon. Except Green. And
SNP. And Sinn Fein and Plaid Cymru.
Looks like it may have to be the Monster Raving Loony Party then!
So you are going to vote Conservative?
That's worth a :-)
--
Jeff Gaines Dorset UK
You know it's cold outside when you go outside and it's cold.
Fredxx
2023-10-20 12:59:05 UTC
Post by Radio Man
So it looks like a leftcunt government is on the way
If Kier is anything like Bliar was to Thatcher, he's more right wing
than Sunak.
Colin Bignell
2023-10-20 14:54:37 UTC
Post by Radio Man
So it looks like a leftcunt government is on the way, with all the
problems that inevitably come with it: strikes, public transport in
chaos, NHS in chaos, education in chaos, high taxes, corruption, deep
cuts in council budgets, etc, etc, etc.
I think that the only chance we have to stay in power is to move rapidly
to the right. If we put Braverman in charge and draft Farage in as a
special advisor, I think we might just be able to recapture the
enthusiasm and imagination of the loony old man in the street and get
another term.
What say you?
Boris cooked the Conservative goose too well.
Colin Bignell
The Natural Philosopher
2023-10-20 15:18:51 UTC
Post by Colin Bignell
Post by Radio Man
So it looks like a leftcunt government is on the way, with all the
problems that inevitably come with it: strikes, public transport in
chaos, NHS in chaos, education in chaos, high taxes, corruption, deep
cuts in council budgets, etc, etc, etc.
I think that the only chance we have to stay in power is to move rapidly
to the right. If we put Braverman in charge and draft Farage in as a
special advisor, I think we might just be able to recapture the
enthusiasm and imagination of the loony old man in the street and get
another term.
What say you?
Boris cooked the Conservative goose too well.
Sunak has cooked it.

― Leo Tolstoy
Bernie
Too many cooks spoil the froth.
Colin Bignell
2023-10-20 21:40:13 UTC
Post by Colin Bignell
Post by Radio Man
So it looks like a leftcunt government is on the way, with all the
problems that inevitably come with it: strikes, public transport in
chaos, NHS in chaos, education in chaos, high taxes, corruption, deep
cuts in council budgets, etc, etc, etc.
I think that the only chance we have to stay in power is to move rapidly
to the right. If we put Braverman in charge and draft Farage in as a
special advisor, I think we might just be able to recapture the
enthusiasm and imagination of the loony old man in the street and get
another term.
What say you?
Boris cooked the Conservative goose too well.
Sunak has cooked it.
Labour took the lead in the opinion polls at the start of 2022, when
Boris was still firmly in power.
Colin Bignell
Brian Gaff
2023-10-21 10:35:22 UTC
You are stuffed either way, Attila the Hun would euthanize all disabled
people an those in care homes and the Commies would take all incentives out
of work and then wonder why everyone was corrupt.
Brian
--
--:
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...
What say you?
Joe
2023-10-21 22:22:14 UTC
On Sat, 21 Oct 2023 11:35:22 +0100
Post by Brian Gaff
You are stuffed either way, Attila the Hun would euthanize all
disabled people an those in care homes
Our government certainly had a good try at that. So did the US one.
Post by Brian Gaff
and the Commies would take all
incentives out of work and then wonder why everyone was corrupt.
Just as the UK government has. Sadly, a welfare state, as the
well-known saying goes, 'carries the seeds of its own destruction'.
Joe
R Souls
2023-10-21 11:05:40 UTC
On Fri, 20 Oct 2023 09:55:28 GMT, Radio Man
Post by Radio Man
So it looks like a leftcunt government is on the way, with all the
problems that inevitably come with it: strikes, public transport in
chaos, NHS in chaos, education in chaos, high taxes, corruption, deep
cuts in council budgets, etc, etc, etc.
Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!