GQRP group banned mentioning 27Mhz Sprat 196 has butt crack pic & freebanding chat
manuel czech
2024-01-02 12:28:16 UTC
GQRP group banned for mentioning 27Mhz ?

Sprat 196 has butt crack picture & freebanding chat

Well Tony Pishpool banned someone for mention 27Mhz on his GQRP group

Sprat 196 has a butt crack picture and someone mentioning design help
from a freebander.

Do Payments for GQRP Club sales go to personal bank a/c ?
Ottavio Caruso
2024-01-02 14:14:46 UTC
Post by manuel czech
GQRP group banned for mentioning 27Mhz ?
Sprat 196 has butt crack picture & freebanding chat
Well Tony Pishpool banned someone for mention 27Mhz on his GQRP group
I used to be on the GQRP mailing list (on groups.io if I remember
correctly) and I always had catty emails from him. Just saying, I am not
surprised.
Ottavio Caruso
manuel czech
2024-01-06 15:13:21 UTC
Post by Ottavio Caruso
Post by manuel czech
GQRP group banned for mentioning 27Mhz ?
Sprat 196 has butt crack picture & freebanding chat
Well Tony Pishpool banned someone for mention 27Mhz on his GQRP group
I used to be on the GQRP mailing list (on groups.io if I remember
correctly) and I always had catty emails from him. Just saying, I am not
surprised.
Sprat No 196

page 24 Butt crack picture

Page 29 M7GRW end of first paragraph "I mentioned this to a (freebander)
friend." ?? 27mHz ???

It is concerning that using private bank accounts in the course of GQRP
income from club sales may be used and GQRP should consider proper
taking financial stewardship action to avoid accusations of
inappropriate financial activity.

Do you remember the RSGB and credit cards ?
Ottavio Caruso
2024-01-06 16:33:33 UTC
Post by manuel czech
Do you remember the RSGB and credit cards ?
No, please refresh my memory.
Ottavio Caruso
brian
2024-01-07 09:11:49 UTC
Post by Ottavio Caruso
Post by manuel czech
Do you remember the RSGB and credit cards ?
No, please refresh my memory.
The RSGB credit card was backed by BCCI - probably recommended by Dr
Emil Savundra ( deceased)

Https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bank_of_Credit_and_Commerce_International

n addition to violations of lending laws, BCCI was also accused of
opening accounts or laundering money for figures such as Saddam Hussein,
Manuel Noriega, Hussain Muhammad Ershad, and Samuel Doe,[18] and for
criminal organizations such as the Medellin Cartel and Abu Nidal.[21]
Police and intelligence experts nicknamed BCCI the "Bank of Crooks and
Criminals International" for its penchant for catering to customers who
dealt in arms, drugs, and hot money.[22] Both Syed A. Hussain (b. 1960
or 1961) and Amjad Awan, (b. 1946 or 1947) a Pakistani banker that
headed the Panamanian branch of BCCI in the early 1980s, assisted
Noriega with Noriega's accounts at BCCI.

Don't even ask about the Lambda Investment Company

Brian
Brian Howie
Brian Morrison
2024-01-07 15:44:53 UTC
On Sun, 7 Jan 2024 09:11:49 +0000
Post by brian
Don't even ask about the Lambda Investment Company
You'll be mentioning G3OUF next.
--
Brian Morrison

Oscar Wilde
Julian Macassey
2024-01-13 16:56:49 UTC
Post by brian
The RSGB credit card was backed by BCCI - probably recommended by Dr
Emil Savundra ( deceased)
Doctor Savundra had a very nice HF setup in a ground floor room a the
back of his house on Bishops Avenue, Hampstead, still the desired address of
international crimnals:

https://www.theguardian.com/business/gallery/2014/jan/31/bishops-avenue-derelict-mansions-in-pictures

The good doctor was in fact a radio amateur.
--
The NHS will last as long as there are folk left with faith to
fight for it. - Aneurin Bevan
manuel czech
2024-01-07 10:10:15 UTC
Post by Ottavio Caruso
Post by manuel czech
Do you remember the RSGB and credit cards ?
No, please refresh my memory.
Apparently someone had a credit card.
A resignation at very senior level happened

I am led to believe as a result of these matters the RSGB revised its
Financial procedures

Did Steve Hartley have a senior position in the RSGB in the past?

ON Tony Pishpools 27mhz group ban, ironically on the rsgb website is
this ,,,,,,,"About the presenters Steve Hartley, G0FUW

Steve came into amateur radio from citizens band radio in the 1980s.

He was originally licensed as G1KVY and became G0FUW a few years later
after passing the old Morse test on the Isle of Wight.

He started building QRP radio equipment even before he was licensed, and
continues to do so today.

He has been involved in amateur radio training for around 30 years and
has served the RSGB in many roles, including Chairman of the Board.

He is now Chairman of the G-QRP Club and continues to lead a team of
tutors who deliver the Bath Based Distance Learning courses.

He lives in Bath with his wife Jane and three cats.

Pete Juliano, N6QW"
mm0fmf
2024-01-07 14:07:24 UTC
Post by Ottavio Caruso
Post by manuel czech
Do you remember the RSGB and credit cards ?
No, please refresh my memory.
BCCI was Bank of Credit and Commerce International. Better known as Bank
of Crooks and Conmen International. A bank that didn't operate really
the way banks should. Dubious customers, dubious practices, etc. which
undermined the legitimate side of the bank. It went pop in 1991.

BCCI had a line in doing corporate credit cards. Lots of companies would
produce personalised credit cards, much like you can (could) get a
British Airways credit card run by Amex. You could earn rewards for free
flights by using it. Amex not being crooks like BCCI.

The RSGB had an RSGB Credit Card run by BCCI like so many other
companies. I can't remember the bonus system, maybe the customer could
earn cashback but I think the RSGB would get some of the charges levied
when you used the card. So people using the card would benefit the RSGB
funds in some small way.

There's a well known saying in finance, you borrow money from the people
most likely to go bust so you don't have to pay it back and you deposit
your money with the people most unlikely to go bust. The RSGB using a
BCCI card was perfectly sensible. They were not putting RSGB funds at risk.

I knew someone who had an RSGB BCCI card. He ran his own businesses and
one lunchtime was advised by his bank not to accept any BCCI cards.
Realising they were about to go under, he gave his wife the joint RSGB
card and told her to go an max it out on kids clothes, food, household
stuff. He was hoping she could use it and maybe, just maybe, he'd get
many months of free credit to clear the debt. She spent, ISTR him
telling me, about £1100 that afternoon.

He got a letter a day or two later telling him the card was cancelled
because BCCI were bust. He cancelled the direct debit on the card and
waited to hear from the administrators that they wanted the money he had
spent on the card. He never heard another thing, was never chased for
the money and his credit rating remained immaculate. He never paid back
a penny she spent that afternoon.

So the RSGB Credit Card was a brilliant idea by the RSGB for at least
one RSGB member.
brian
2024-01-07 18:21:35 UTC
In message <uneb6u$13k3e$***@dont-email.me>, mm0fmf <***@invalid.com>
writes
Post by mm0fmf
Post by Ottavio Caruso
Post by manuel czech
[...]
They caught up with me eventually, but can't recall if it was the
shopping or the tyres.

Brian
Brian Howie
mm0fmf
You mean your Cayman Islands cover didn't work?
brian
2024-01-07 08:56:33 UTC
Post by manuel czech
Post by Ottavio Caruso
Post by manuel czech
GQRP group banned for mentioning 27Mhz ?
Sprat 196 has butt crack picture & freebanding chat
Well Tony Pishpool banned someone for mention 27Mhz on his GQRP group
I used to be on the GQRP mailing list (on groups.io if I remember
correctly) and I always had catty emails from him. Just saying, I am
not surprised.
Sprat No 196
page 24 Butt crack picture
Page 29 M7GRW end of first paragraph "I mentioned this to a
(freebander) friend." ?? 27mHz ???
It is concerning that using private bank accounts in the course of GQRP
income from club sales may be used and GQRP should consider proper
taking financial stewardship action to avoid accusations of
inappropriate financial activity.
Do you remember the RSGB and credit cards ?
I still have mine, BCCI it was . I did a weeks shopping and had 4 new
tyres fitted the day before they went bust.

When I was asked to be treasurer of the CSFMG Repeater Fund,some 50
years ago , I asked the late GM8FM what I should do with all the cash
that was coming in. He said " Just put it in your bank." I insisted in
opening treasurers accounts and having the books audited. It was a wise
move ,when it all went TU a couple of years later.

Brian ZF1/GM4DIJ
--
Brian Howie