Dipole moments in fish at 30MHz
Smolley
2024-07-12 08:14:01 UTC
During my apprenticeship in 1956 I was doing some experiments associated with the fast heating of food.
Most foods responded quite well, but fish was having none of it. We had set up a 2kW @ 30MHz Radyne
dialectric heater to perform the heating function.
brian
2024-07-12 09:47:56 UTC
Post by Smolley
During my apprenticeship in 1956 I was doing some experiments
associated with the fast heating of food.
Most foods responded quite well, but fish was having none of it. We had
dialectric heater to perform the heating function.
Water has a nuclear quadrapole resonance at about 30MHz , so it might
have worked. There was an article in Practical Electronics some time ago
exploiting this to make a magnetometer. Plastic soft drinks bottle with
a big coil round it . Inject a pulse and you got a " ba-doing" at 30MHz
which changed with orientation in the earths magnetic field.

I cooked a couple of Sea Bass in the microwave last night . Two dinner
plates front to front to keep in the water and the bits of exploding
fish.

Delicious with tartar sauce and garden peas.

Brian
Brian Howie
brian
2024-07-12 09:56:45 UTC
Post by brian
Post by Smolley
During my apprenticeship in 1956 I was doing some experiments
associated with the fast heating of food.
Most foods responded quite well, but fish was having none of it. We
dialectric heater to perform the heating function.
Water has a nuclear quadrapole resonance at about 30MHz , so it might
have worked. There was an article in Practical Electronics some time
ago exploiting this to make a magnetometer. Plastic soft drinks bottle
with a big coil round it . Inject a pulse and you got a " ba-doing" at
30MHz which changed with orientation in the earths magnetic field.
I cooked a couple of Sea Bass in the microwave last night . Two dinner
plates front to front to keep in the water and the bits of exploding
fish.
Delicious with tartar sauce and garden peas.
Brian
Used as a metal detector. The 30MHz Quadrapole resonance is somewhere
else.

<Https://schematicsforfree.com/files/Misc/Metal%20Detectors/Proton%20Magn
etometor%20Ferrous%20Metal%20Locator.pdf>

Brian
--
Brian Howie