good for a tenner...I bought one
Jim GM4DHJ ...
2022-12-02 11:55:06 UTC
2022-12-02 13:49:43 UTC
2022-12-02 14:30:14 UTC
2022-12-02 17:49:25 UTC
2022-12-02 17:48:50 UTC
2022-12-02 20:17:10 UTC
2022-12-02 20:33:28 UTC
2022-12-02 20:42:33 UTC
Post by Jim gm4dhj ...
Post by Jim GM4DHJ ...
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/265691962390?hash=item3ddc799c16:g:ruwAAOSw
Lm9if8rZ
 Should I buy one?
worth it just for the battery
I've sent for one.
+1
Just a thought, Jim - does the audio socket have stereo ?
Ian
Jim gm4dhj ...
no idea...what are you wanting for a tenner delivered ?
Ian Jackson
2022-12-03 09:04:35 UTC
Post by Jim gm4dhj ...
Post by Ian Jackson
Post by Jim gm4dhj ...
Post by Jim GM4DHJ ...
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/265691962390?hash=item3ddc799c16:g:ruwAAOSw
Lm9if8rZ
 Should I buy one?
worth it just for the battery
 I've sent for one.
+1
Just a thought, Jim - does the audio socket have stereo ?
no idea...what are you wanting for a tenner delivered ?
For ten pounds, I want KWALITY!
Ian
Jim gm4dhj ...
I don't
Jim gm4dhj ...
2022-12-03 12:57:48 UTC
Post by Ian Jackson
Post by Jim gm4dhj ...
Post by Jim gm4dhj ...
Post by Jim GM4DHJ ...
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/265691962390?hash=item3ddc799c16:g:ruwAAOSw
Lm9if8rZ
 Should I buy one?
worth it just for the battery
 I've sent for one.
+1
 Just a thought, Jim - does the audio socket have stereo ?
no idea...what are you wanting for a tenner delivered ?
For ten pounds, I want KWALITY!
he has started charging £1 for delivery so not so good any longer...I
wouldn't bother
Custos Custodum
2022-12-02 21:00:34 UTC
On Fri, 2 Dec 2022 13:49:43 +0000, Ian Jackson
Post by Ian Jackson
Post by Jim GM4DHJ ...
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/265691962390?hash=item3ddc799c16:g:ruwAAOSwLm9if8rZ
Should I buy one?
It doesn't appear to have a BFO, so probably not much use for your
morning CW practice in the karzi. Then again, it looks like quite a
lot of radio (+ charger!) for a tenner. I might even be tempted
myself.
Jim gm4dhj ...
you get one green 4.5v battery but only a charger lead
Ottavio Caruso
2022-12-03 11:26:50 UTC
Post by Ian Jackson
Post by Jim GM4DHJ ...
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/265691962390?hash=item3ddc799c16:g:ruwAAOSwLm9if8rZ
Should I buy one?
It doesn't appear to have a BFO, so probably not much use for your
morning CW practice in the karzi. Then again, it looks like quite a
lot of radio (+ charger!) for a tenner. I might even be tempted
myself.
You can buy two for £22 (notice the £1 delivery charge) and use one of
the 2 as BFO. I am actually thinking of doing that myself. My only
reservation is that digital tuning radios are quite noisy.

The seller has only 98% positives. I'd stay away from any seller who
hasn't at least 99.5%.
Ottavio Caruso
Jim gm4dhj ...
he took ages to send it...there was no delivery charge when I bought one
brian
2022-12-04 05:34:55 UTC
Post by Ian Jackson
Post by Jim GM4DHJ ...
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/265691962390?hash=item3ddc799c16:g:ruwAAOS
wLm9if8rZ
Should I buy one?
It doesn't appear to have a BFO, so probably not much use for your
morning CW practice in the karzi. Then again, it looks like quite a
lot of radio (+ charger!) for a tenner. I might even be tempted
myself.
You can buy two for £22 (notice the £1 delivery charge) and use one of
the 2 as BFO. I am actually thinking of doing that myself. My only
reservation is that digital tuning radios are quite noisy.
The seller has only 98% positives. I'd stay away from any seller who
hasn't at least 99.5%.
Using a second radio as a bfo, may not work since there is no
conventional IF offset in modern digital radios. Look at the block
diagram.

eg
https://www.skyworksinc.com/-/media/Skyworks/SL/documents/public/data-she
ets/Si4730-31-34-35-D60.pdf

Brian GM4DIJ
Brian Howie
Ottavio Caruso
2022-12-05 10:49:00 UTC
Post by brian
Post by Ian Jackson
Post by Jim GM4DHJ ...
[...]
Oops. That's why I prefer analog radio, however what if:

1) You just put the two radio at the same frequency, that should well
generate a beat oscillation, no?

2) You put a cw transmitter near to it, a la Peter Parker vk3ye of
Youtube fortune? That also should give a beat oscillation?
Ottavio Caruso
Jim gm4dhj ...
you won't get within 5Kc/s of the frequency
Ottavio Caruso
2023-11-04 12:19:33 UTC
Post by Jim GM4DHJ ...
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/265691962390?hash=item3ddc799c16:g:ruwAAOS
What radio was this? This link has expired.
Ottavio Caruso
Ian Jackson
2022-12-06 22:20:39 UTC
Post by Jim GM4DHJ ...
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/265691962390?hash=item3ddc799c16:g:ruwAAOSwLm9if8rZ
Well, Jim, mine arrived yesterday.
USB charging lead, but no charger.
FM performance is good, MW middling, and SW just noise.
Still, not too bad for a tenner.

Any idea how to store stations? There are no instructions, and lots of
Googling totally fails to find any information. No idea about using the
SD card facility.
Ian
Jim gm4dhj ...
2022-12-07 07:54:31 UTC
Post by Ian Jackson
Post by Jim GM4DHJ ...
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/265691962390?hash=item3ddc799c16:g:ruwAAOSwLm9if8rZ
Well, Jim, mine arrived yesterday.
USB charging lead, but no charger.
told you there was no charger
no idea
Ian Jackson
2022-12-07 08:17:16 UTC
Post by Jim gm4dhj ...
Post by Ian Jackson
FM performance is good, MW middling, and SW just noise.
Still, not too bad for a tenner.
Any idea how to store stations? There are no instructions, and lots
of Googling totally fails to find any information. No idea about
using the SD card facility.
no idea
So yet again you've let me down. I'm extremely disappointed.
Ian
Jim Stewart ...
tough titties
Jim gm4dhj ...
what did you want for a tenner?
A. non Eyemouse
2022-12-09 14:55:45 UTC
On Thu, 8 Dec 2022 07:55:00 +0000
Post by Jim gm4dhj ...
what did you want for a tenner?
A picture of The King on a banknote?
--
Mouse.
Where Morse meets House.
Rambo
2022-12-08 17:38:30 UTC
On Wed, 7 Dec 2022 08:17:16 +0000, Ian Jackson
Post by Ian Jackson
Post by Jim gm4dhj ...
Post by Ian Jackson
FM performance is good, MW middling, and SW just noise.
Still, not too bad for a tenner.
Any idea how to store stations? There are no instructions, and lots
of Googling totally fails to find any information. No idea about
using the SD card facility.
no idea
So yet again you've let me down. I'm extremely disappointed.
Stick an mp3 USB in the socket. The radio will mute for a little
whilst it searches, then press play. Left and right single press to
select track or hold for fast forward/rev. Seems to ignore folders.

Seems to be 50 odd memories per band per band but how to program them
is anyones guess!
A. non Eyemouse
2022-12-09 14:54:33 UTC
Post by Ian Jackson
Post by Jim gm4dhj ...
Post by Ian Jackson
FM performance is good, MW middling, and SW just noise.
Still, not too bad for a tenner.
Any idea how to store stations? There are no instructions, and lots
of Googling totally fails to find any information. No idea about
using the SD card facility.
no idea
So yet again you've let me down. I'm extremely disappointed.
Stick an mp3 USB in the socket. The radio will mute for a little
whilst it searches, then press play. Left and right single press to
select track or hold for fast forward/rev. Seems to ignore folders.
Seems to be 50 odd memories per band per band but how to program them
is anyones guess!
It only memorizes the Chinese stations. How else do you think they
spread their SW propaganda? Got one in the museum yet?
--
Mouse.
Where Morse meets House.
Jim gm4dhj ...
chinky stations are all that is on sw
A. non Eyemouse
2022-12-10 19:36:03 UTC
Post by Ian Jackson
Post by Jim gm4dhj ...
Post by Jim GM4DHJ ...
[...]
American right-wing conspiracy theorists and religious broadcasters via
WWCR Nashville. And the BBC World Service!
--
Mouse.
Where Morse meets House.
Jim gm4dhj ...
must be that wee radio that doesn't pick them up
A. non Eyemouse
2022-12-11 14:00:42 UTC
Post by Jim gm4dhj ...
Post by A. non Eyemouse
Post by Ian Jackson
Post by A. non Eyemouse
Post by Jim gm4dhj ...
Post by A. non Eyemouse
It only memorizes the Chinese stations. How else do you think they
spread their SW propaganda?
Precisely.
--
Mouse.