Space Patrol
Brian Howie
2024-01-04 07:36:50 UTC
FC Judd gets a mention in the credits at 1.24

Mr Wiki says :-

" F. C. Judd was responsible for creating all the electronic music for
the series; he was an early British electronic experimenter, amateur
radio expert, circuit designer, author and contributor to many wireless
and electronics magazines from the 1950s to the 1990s. "

Not as famous as Delia Derbyshire, but respect d00d .

Brian GM4DIJ
Brian
Jim GM4DHJ ...
2024-01-05 12:37:50 UTC
FC Judd gets  a mention in the credits at 1.24
http://youtu.be/ydhyQqmAtuE
Mr Wiki says :-
" F. C. Judd was responsible for creating all the electronic music for
the series; he was an early British electronic experimenter, amateur
radio expert, circuit designer, author and contributor to many wireless
and electronics magazines from the 1950s to the 1990s. "
Not as famous as Delia  Derbyshire, but respect d00d .
Brian GM4DIJ
totly...loved his electronic music floppy disc given away with practical
electronics in the 60's

other stuff...

A. non Eyemouse
2024-01-08 09:56:52 UTC
On Fri, 5 Jan 2024 12:37:50 +0000
Post by Jim GM4DHJ ...
FC Judd gets  a mention in the credits at 1.24
http://youtu.be/ydhyQqmAtuE
Mr Wiki says :-
" F. C. Judd was responsible for creating all the electronic music
for the series; he was an early British electronic experimenter,
amateur radio expert, circuit designer, author and contributor to
many wireless and electronics magazines from the 1950s to the
1990s. "
Not as famous as Delia  Derbyshire, but respect d00d .
Brian GM4DIJ
totly...loved his electronic music floppy disc given away with
practical electronics in the 60's
other stuff...
http://youtu.be/A6w6sj6yhlw
http://youtu.be/32pnTMZhRv4
His antenna was slim, Jim.
--
Mouse.
Where Morse meets House.
Jim GM4DHJ ...
what?
brian
2024-01-14 07:37:11 UTC
Post by A. non Eyemouse
On Fri, 5 Jan 2024 12:37:50 +0000
Post by Jim GM4DHJ ...
FC Judd gets  a mention in the credits at 1.24
http://youtu.be/ydhyQqmAtuE
Mr Wiki says :-
" F. C. Judd was responsible for creating all the electronic music
for the series; he was an early British electronic experimenter,
amateur radio expert, circuit designer, author and contributor to
many wireless and electronics magazines from the 1950s to the
1990s. "
Not as famous as Delia  Derbyshire, but respect d00d .
Brian GM4DIJ
totly...loved his electronic music floppy disc given away with
practical electronics in the 60's
other stuff...
http://youtu.be/A6w6sj6yhlw
http://youtu.be/32pnTMZhRv4
3tk-tban3auiSH8RDvudk
His antenna was slim, Jim.
what?
http://hamuniverse.com/g2bcxslimjimantenna.html
Do keep up at the back.
This was the antenna in combination with FM , knocked long haul 2m tropo
working back to the dark ages.

I dispute the claims of its advantage over the 5/8th.

He was also responsible for the ZL-Special, which was equally hyped.

Https://www.hamuniverse.com/gi6jpozl-special.pdf

Brian GM4DIJ

Brian
Brian Howie
Brian Morrison
2024-01-15 16:26:22 UTC
On Sun, 14 Jan 2024 20:08:26 +0000
Post by brian
This was the antenna in combination with FM , knocked long haul 2m
tropo working back to the dark ages.
I dispute the claims of its advantage over the 5/8th.
Horses for courses, but of course if you don't put any effort in you
won't get any worthwhile results.
Post by brian
He was also  responsible for the ZL-Special, which was equally
hyped.
I remember attending the VHF Convention at the Winning Post, probably
around 1980 with a lecture by G(M)3SEK and G4DGU knocking down the ZL
special. I think I still have the handout somewhere. In the early
days of Mutek and 16-element Tonnas.
If memory serves, the only real advantage of a ZL-Special was the F/B
ratio. I will confess that I never had one and I don't remember anyone
I knew in the 70s/80s using one.

I had a 9-ele Tonna then as I didn't have enough space to rotate a
16-ele.
--
Brian Morrison

Oscar Wilde
Brian Howie
2024-01-16 12:58:03 UTC
Post by brian
He was also  responsible for the ZL-Special, which was equally
hyped.
I remember attending the VHF Convention at the Winning Post, probably
around 1980 with a lecture by G(M)3SEK and G4DGU knocking down the ZL
special. I think I still have the handout somewhere. In the early
days of Mutek and 16-element Tonnas.
If memory serves, the only real advantage of a ZL-Special was the F/B
ratio. I will confess that I never had one and I don't remember anyone
I knew in the 70s/80s using one.
I had a 9-ele Tonna then as I didn't have enough space to rotate a
16-ele.
I think this is a ZL special. Deep null for df-ing.

http://tinyurl.com/zlspecial

Brian GM4DIJ
Brian
mm0fmf
What's the ice-cream cone building in the background?
Brian Howie
2024-01-17 14:26:50 UTC
Post by mm0fmf
Post by Brian Howie
I think this is a ZL special. Deep null for df-ing.
http://tinyurl.com/zlspecial
Brian GM4DIJ
What's the ice-cream cone building in the background?
Nyíregyháza, Hungary, 1973. On the roof of MHSZ building. It's a water
tower

Brian GM4DIJ
Brian
Jim GM4DHJ ...
nice chick....
Jim GM4DHJ ...
2024-01-17 19:00:28 UTC
Post by brian
I ignored all the early 80's cbrs that used it
Bernie
2024-01-21 15:58:49 UTC
On Sun, 14 Jan 2024 07:37:11 +0000
Post by brian
Post by A. non Eyemouse
On Fri, 5 Jan 2024 12:37:50 +0000
Post by Jim GM4DHJ ...
[...]
I had a slim jim for 10m back in the day. It launched some very nice
waves.
Jim GM4DHJ ...
2024-02-10 12:05:38 UTC
Post by Bernie
[...]