Who are the regulators of this group?
2M0KND
2005-06-13 21:44:45 UTC
Who are the administrators of this group?
There doesn't seem to be any rules or does anything go?
2m0knd carol
jim.gm4dhj
2005-06-13 21:54:34 UTC
You should know....... you have got away with murder....
2M0KND
2005-06-13 22:08:07 UTC
Post by jim.gm4dhj
Post by 2M0KND
Who are the administrators of this group?
There doesn't seem to be any rules or does anything go?
2m0knd carol
You should know....... you have got away with murder....
Ok, so come on what have I done or said that is so
bad?.........................................................nothing!
2m0knd carol
jim.gm4dhj
2005-06-14 06:20:04 UTC
just everything you say.........
RT
2005-06-14 11:35:41 UTC
Post by jim.gm4dhj
Post by 2M0KND
Who are the administrators of this group?
There doesn't seem to be any rules or does anything go?
2m0knd carol
You should know....... you have got away with murder....
Also getting away with impersonating a Radio Amateur.

As we all know UK amateur radio callsigns prefix is G.

All others are CB callsigns.
andrew
2005-06-14 12:20:32 UTC
Post by RT
As we all know UK amateur radio callsigns prefix is G.
All others are CB callsigns.
Jim, I might stretch that to include M, after all, they ran out of Gs
(and no, I'm not an M call).
jOn.....
I'm an M1 since 98, none of your fancy callsign choosing back then.
andrew
2005-06-14 20:30:05 UTC
Post by jOn.....
Post by andrew
Post by RT
As we all know UK amateur radio callsigns prefix is G.
All others are CB callsigns.
Jim, I might stretch that to include M, after all, they ran out of Gs
(and no, I'm not an M call).
I'm an M1 since 98, none of your fancy callsign choosing back then.
But that's not a proper call. The only M that was a proper call had a
zero after it.....
jOn.....
2005-06-14 22:17:12 UTC
Post by andrew
Post by jOn.....
Post by andrew
Post by RT
As we all know UK amateur radio callsigns prefix is G.
All others are CB callsigns.
Jim, I might stretch that to include M, after all, they ran out of Gs
(and no, I'm not an M call).
I'm an M1 since 98, none of your fancy callsign choosing back then.
But that's not a proper call. The only M that was a proper call had a
zero after it.....
So, if I'd left it until 2005 to do the RAE and then get an M0 of my choice
that would be ok?
andrew
2005-06-14 22:37:38 UTC
Post by jOn.....
Post by andrew
Post by jOn.....
Post by andrew
Post by RT
As we all know UK amateur radio callsigns prefix is G.
All others are CB callsigns.
Jim, I might stretch that to include M, after all, they ran out of Gs
(and no, I'm not an M call).
I'm an M1 since 98, none of your fancy callsign choosing back then.
But that's not a proper call. The only M that was a proper call had a
zero after it.....
So, if I'd left it until 2005 to do the RAE and then get an M0 of my choice
that would be ok?
That's why they should never have done away with issuing licenses
sequentially. Then we would have been able to tell who all the slackers
were.....
Duncan Munro
2005-06-14 22:41:37 UTC
Post by jOn.....
Post by andrew
But that's not a proper call. The only M that was a proper call had a
zero after it.....
So, if I'd left it until 2005 to do the RAE and then get an M0 of my choice
that would be ok?
Wasn't the last RAE was Dec '03?
--
Duncan Munro
http://www.m0kgk.co.uk/
Duncan Munro
2005-06-14 22:52:04 UTC
Post by Duncan Munro
Wasn't the last RAE was Dec '03?
Whoops.... superfluous 'was' in there...
--
Duncan Munro
http://www.m0kgk.co.uk/
Nick G4FAL
2005-06-17 08:16:43 UTC
Post by andrew
But that's not a proper call. The only M that was a proper call had a
zero after it.....
Not entirely true.

Sheffield Club is now the proud holder of one of only a handful of M3 Full
Licences, M3M - Contest Call.

Think about it. Golf and Mike are the only single syllable phonetics, and M
in morse is shorter than G. So we thought M3M a pretty good choice.

Will be interesting when we start using it.

Nick G4FAL
Ken Ward
2005-06-17 10:30:53 UTC
Post by Nick G4FAL
Post by andrew
But that's not a proper call. The only M that was a proper call had a
zero after it.....
Not entirely true.
Sheffield Club is now the proud holder of one of only a handful of M3 Full
Licences, M3M - Contest Call.
Think about it. Golf and Mike are the only single syllable phonetics, and M
in morse is shorter than G. So we thought M3M a pretty good choice.
But, not quite as good as M0E.

Don't forget, if you have the time...... Engage a "Short Callsign" station
in a long and meaningful chat, you know they deserve it!

KW
Jock.
2005-06-17 12:30:25 UTC
Post by Nick G4FAL
Post by andrew
But that's not a proper call. The only M that was a proper call had a
zero after it.....
Not entirely true.
Sheffield Club is now the proud holder of one of only a handful of M3 Full
Licences, M3M - Contest Call.
Think about it. Golf and Mike are the only single syllable phonetics, and M
in morse is shorter than G. So we thought M3M a pretty good choice.
It's not exactly rythmic is it? A call with a good rythm is
more important than its length.

73 de Jock.
--
The chip : The British contribution to world cuisine.
- A Fish Called Wanda
Gerard Lynch
2005-06-17 12:42:50 UTC
Post by Jock.
It's not exactly rythmic is it? A call with a good rythm is
more important than its length.
Yeah? Tell that to D4B.
--
73

Gerry G0RTN
Vanity Page at http://www.gerrylynch.co.uk
Jock.
2005-06-17 15:55:28 UTC
Post by Gerard Lynch
Post by Jock.
It's not exactly rythmic is it? A call with a good rythm is
more important than its length.
Yeah? Tell that to D4B.
That's a lot easier on the ear than M3M.

73 de Jock.
--
The chip : The British contribution to world cuisine.
- A Fish Called Wanda
andrew
Yep, a good rhythm is always more important than length :)
Gerard Lynch
2005-06-17 20:42:32 UTC
Post by andrew
Yep, a good rhythm is always more important than length :)
So would you rather be M1G or UA4/GI3NKS?

andrew
2005-06-17 22:45:11 UTC
Whoooooosh!!!! There it goes flying over your head again.....
Gerard Lynch
2005-06-17 23:55:28 UTC
Post by andrew
Post by Gerard Lynch
Post by andrew
Yep, a good rhythm is always more important than length :)
So would you rather be M1G or UA4/GI3NKS?
Whoooooosh!!!! There it goes flying over your head again.....
It was sarcasm, dearie. Have a wee vallium and settle down.

Jock.
2005-06-18 13:02:24 UTC
Post by Gerard Lynch
Post by andrew
Yep, a good rhythm is always more important than length :)
So would you rather be M1G or UA4/GI3NKS?
Personally I wouldn't be seen dead with GI callsign, even
when qualified by a UA prefix!

73 de Jock.
--
Die Katzen brauchten Jahrtausende zum Domestizieren
des Menschen.
Walt Davidson
2005-06-18 14:06:03 UTC
On Fri, 17 Jun 2005 21:42:32 +0100, "Gerard Lynch"
Post by Gerard Lynch
So would you rather be M1G or UA4/GI3NKS?
My friend G3NKS lives in Cheltenham, so why would he have a GI prefix?

73 de G3NYY
Walt Davidson Email: g3nyy @despammed.com
Jock.
2005-06-18 17:00:33 UTC
Post by Gerard Lynch
So would you rather be M1G or UA4/GI3NKS?
My friend G3NKS lives in Cheltenham, so why would he have
a GI prefix?
Went to UA4 (wherever that is) and called himself a GI3
for the rarity value?

73 de Jock.
--
Die Katzen brauchten Jahrtausende zum Domestizieren
des Menschen.
Gerard Lynch
2005-06-18 22:05:35 UTC
Post by Jock.
Went to UA4 (wherever that is) and called himself a GI3
for the rarity value?
The Eastern part of European Russia.

Humpf! Get with the programme.

andrew
Ah, but contest calls don't count. We're talking about personal calls.
tox
2005-06-13 22:01:12 UTC
Post by 2M0KND
Who are the administrators of this group?
There doesn't seem to be any rules or does anything go?
2m0knd carol
Rule number one, tox is always right.

Rule number two, see rule number one.

HTH
tox
mikeFNB
2005-06-13 22:26:13 UTC
its a usenet group ! not a yahoo one

mike
2m0knd carol
andrew
2005-06-13 22:38:24 UTC
Anything goes.... that's why we have such fun!!
Robin
2005-06-13 22:46:33 UTC
it is an unmoderated group... if you want rules. go play on Yahoo groups.
2M0KND
2005-06-13 22:53:12 UTC
Post by Robin
Post by 2M0KND
Who are the administrators of this group?
There doesn't seem to be any rules or does anything go?
2m0knd carol
it is an unmoderated group
This was sufficiant thankyou.
2m0knd carol
l***@eternal-flames.gov
2005-06-14 06:03:29 UTC
Post by 2M0KND
Who are the administrators of this group?
There doesn't seem to be any rules or does anything go?
2m0knd carol
Damned know-nothing newbies!

Old Nick.
Brian Morrison
2005-06-14 07:32:40 UTC
Post by 2M0KND
Who are the administrators of this group?
There doesn't seem to be any rules or does anything go?
This is Usenet, the only rules are established by the group charter and
by the applicable laws of your country.

Generally abuse *of* Usenet is seen as much more serious than abuse *on*
Usenet.
--
Brian Morrison

please observe reply-to address
gareth
2005-06-14 07:43:55 UTC
Post by 2M0KND
Who are the administrators of this group?
There doesn't seem to be any rules or does anything go?
2m0knd carol
uk.radio.amateur was deregulated just over 12 years ago on on July 10th
1993.

In 1994 Paul Turvey G1PJJ, had a go at a FAQ see:
http://tinyurl.com/d82ve

but it didn't last long.
Roger Muggleton
2005-06-14 22:59:09 UTC
Post by gareth
http://tinyurl.com/d82ve
but it didn't last long.
That is a FAQ about amateur radio in the UK. If it had been about rules for
posting in ukra, we would still be arguing over them.
Roger.
ZZZZPK
2005-06-16 19:44:59 UTC

at least he TRIED.
andrew
2005-06-16 19:46:51 UTC
Post by ZZZZPK
at least he TRIED.
But like all B-licenses.... he FAILED.
ZZZZPK
2005-06-16 19:56:34 UTC
andrew <***@f2s.com> wrote:

: ZZZZPK wrote:
: > "gareth" <***@btconnect.com.invalid> wrote:
: >
: > : In 1994 Paul Turvey G1PJJ, had a go at a FAQ see:
: >
: > at least he TRIED.
:
: But like all B-licenses.... he FAILED.

i meant he tried to get the faq finished....
andrew
2005-06-16 20:03:41 UTC
Post by ZZZZPK
: >
: >
: > at least he TRIED.
: But like all B-licenses.... he FAILED.
i meant he tried to get the faq finished....
I know, but he failed all the same.

And he either a) didn't take a Morse test, or b) FAILED it.
Starr
2005-06-17 11:28:20 UTC
Post by andrew
Post by ZZZZPK
at least he TRIED.
But like all B-licenses.... he FAILED.
How can a piece of paper fail? Did you mean "B-licensees"?
Well to achieve a B-license you had to PASS (did you get that PASS) as in
NOT FAIL a c&g RAE. Had you ever gone through the system then you would know
that.
So what you should have said,
"But unlike all B-licenses.... he FAILED."
HTH
Zolaist
2005-06-17 11:40:35 UTC
Post by Starr
How can a piece of paper fail?
You've obviously never tried 'Happy Shopper' toilet tissue.
l***@eternal-flames.gov
2005-06-17 12:54:46 UTC
Post by Zolaist
You've obviously never tried 'Happy Shopper' toilet tissue.
By 'eck! Us never 'ad they namby pamby soft bog rolls when us were
t'lads.

If we were good, us 'ad ripped up squares of't Liverpool Echo. If us
misbe'aved we 'ad Bronco. Damn 'ard stuff it were, but it made men of
us. Ay! It even made men of they few girls who used it.

If schoolmaster 'ad caught us usin' they soft girly paper, he'd 'ave
thrashed us within an inch of ower lives. He were an 'ard man were
t'master... 'Ard but fair.

Very old Nick.
andrew
Eh up lad. You 'ad it easy. We 'ad to use grass!!
Starr
2005-06-18 00:48:33 UTC
Post by l***@eternal-flames.gov
Post by Zolaist
You've obviously never tried 'Happy Shopper' toilet tissue.
By 'eck! Us never 'ad they namby pamby soft bog rolls when us were
t'lads.
If we were good, us 'ad ripped up squares of't Liverpool Echo. If us
misbe'aved we 'ad Bronco. Damn 'ard stuff it were, but it made men of
us. Ay! It even made men of they few girls who used it.
If schoolmaster 'ad caught us usin' they soft girly paper, he'd 'ave
thrashed us within an inch of ower lives. He were an 'ard man were
t'master... 'Ard but fair.
you ad Bronco? Luxury. When a were e bairn we ad to make to with sheet metal
from de dads factory. he were the foreman you see bu ee ad ways of gettin it
wihowt been seen so we ad afford something to wahp ars arses with, see? we
used ta cut ous arses to ribbons on t really thin stuff we did aye but owz
dad bwent ta a lot o trubble to bring it hawm so we were grehtful.
Starr
2005-06-18 00:39:09 UTC
Post by Zolaist
Post by Starr
How can a piece of paper fail?
You've obviously never tried 'Happy Shopper' toilet tissue.
are you speaking of the "brown stuff under the finger nails" failure?
If so then I stand corrected :)
Gary Peach
2005-06-19 12:26:35 UTC
The evidence is in the hands of the nation.
andrew
2005-06-19 15:40:09 UTC
Post by Gary Peach
Post by Zolaist
Post by Starr
How can a piece of paper fail?
You've obviously never tried 'Happy Shopper' toilet tissue.
The evidence is in the hands of the nation.
IN? Shouldn't that be ON?

andrew
2005-06-17 17:18:26 UTC
Post by Starr
Post by andrew
Post by ZZZZPK
at least he TRIED.
But like all B-licenses.... he FAILED.
How can a piece of paper fail? Did you mean "B-licensees"?
Well to achieve a B-license you had to PASS (did you get that PASS) as in
NOT FAIL a c&g RAE. Had you ever gone through the system then you would know
that.
So what you should have said,
"But unlike all B-licenses.... he FAILED."
Not quite true..... I never held a B-license. I went straight to an
A-class as I had passed my Morse before the results of the RAE came
back. I had a genuine interest and was motivated to get on HF..... just
a shame the same could have been said of the 2500 B licensees (happy?)
who ran out and got themselves a beginners license so they could operate
HF instead of doing a simple 12wpm Morse test and getting a real license
instead.
Starr
2005-06-18 00:57:25 UTC
Post by andrew
Post by Starr
Post by andrew
Post by ZZZZPK
at least he TRIED.
But like all B-licenses.... he FAILED.
How can a piece of paper fail? Did you mean "B-licensees"?
Well to achieve a B-license you had to PASS (did you get that PASS) as in
NOT FAIL a c&g RAE. Had you ever gone through the system then you would know
that.
So what you should have said,
"But unlike all B-licenses.... he FAILED."
Not quite true..... I never held a B-license. I went straight to an
A-class as I had passed my Morse before the results of the RAE came
back.
And that proves your point how?
Post by andrew
I had a genuine interest and was motivated to get on HF.....
Good for you.
Post by andrew
just
a shame the same could have been said of the 2500 B licensees (happy?)
who ran out and got themselves a beginners license so they could operate
HF instead of doing a simple 12wpm Morse test and getting a real license
instead.
That old nutshell! Well I took the B class but i didn't take the morse and I
wouldn't have till my morse was at a quality which would allow me to pass.I
certainly had no intention of rushing it just to keep you happy so get over
it and grow up!

HTH