Terrible pulsed QRM on 2m
M0WWS
2023-09-02 21:17:48 UTC
Just my luck. Farmer Giles has switched his fence back on.

Noise blanker hardly dents it. No wonder everyone goes portable.

--
73deM0WWS
https://www.qrz.com/db/M0WWS
Brian Morrison
2023-09-02 23:38:47 UTC
On Sat, 2 Sep 2023 14:17:48 -0700 (PDT)
Post by M0WWS
Just my luck. Farmer Giles has switched his fence back on.
http://youtu.be/hcnX9XkmdIk
Noise blanker hardly dents it. No wonder everyone goes portable.
Isn't that what Ofcom are for?
--
Brian Morrison

Oscar Wilde
brian
2023-09-03 06:51:10 UTC
Post by M0WWS
Just my luck. Farmer Giles has switched his fence back on.
http://youtu.be/hcnX9XkmdIk
Noise blanker hardly dents it. No wonder everyone goes portable.
--
73deM0WWS
https://www.qrz.com/db/M0WWS
I was out yesterday for the 2m Trophy. I suffered terrible noise from
something until I grounded the feeder to the mast. Back out this
morning. Conditions are good. I'm running GM3HAM/P from the near of
Stranraer.

Brian GM4DIJ
Brian Howie
M0WWS
2023-09-03 18:10:08 UTC
Post by brian
Post by M0WWS
Just my luck. Farmer Giles has switched his fence back on.
http://youtu.be/hcnX9XkmdIk
Noise blanker hardly dents it. No wonder everyone goes portable.
--
73deM0WWS
https://www.qrz.com/db/M0WWS
I was out yesterday for the 2m Trophy. I suffered terrible noise from
something until I grounded the feeder to the mast. Back out this
morning. Conditions are good. I'm running GM3HAM/P from the near of
Stranraer.
Brian GM4DIJ
--
Brian Howie
QRM had gone this morning, the horses had been moved out the field, probably off to some gymkhana.

You were putting out a nice signal Brian when I worked you this afternoon on 2m.

Glad to give you the points, good luck with the results.

--
73deM0WWS
https://www.qrz.com/db/M0WWS
brian
2023-09-04 05:43:00 UTC
Post by M0WWS
Post by brian
Post by M0WWS
[...]
Good to work you. There were some loud signals from the continent. Best
I've seen for a few years, and the weather was good

I also worked Mike G4KFK late of this group.

I should have an audio recording of you.

73 Brian GM4DIJ
Brian Howie
M0WWS
2023-09-04 15:37:34 UTC
Post by M0WWS
Post by brian
Post by M0WWS
[...]
Nice map, you did do well.

Thanks for sending the audio recording. I'm going to have knock those whiskeys on the head for intelligibility. Wilhelm Washington Santiago from now on !!

--
73deM0WWS
https://www.qrz.com/db/M0WWS
Jeefaw K Effkay
2023-09-07 19:51:35 UTC
Post by brian
I also worked Mike G4KFK late of this group.
Hi Brian

Thank for the QSOs on Sunday and Tuesday.

On Sunday I was on my boat on the Trent & Mersey Canal near Dutton, Cheshire, IO83QH.
On Tuesday, on the Bridgewater Canal near Daresbury, IO83QI.

FT817ND with Mirage 3016, about 50W to a 4 element Yagi on top of the boat. Pictures here, https://www.qrz.com/db/g4kfk

73
Mike G4KFK
brian
2023-09-08 08:38:07 UTC
On Monday, September 4, 2023 at 6:43:400 >
Post by brian
I also worked Mike G4KFK late of this group.
Hi Brian
Thank for the QSOs on Sunday and Tuesday.
On Sunday I was on my boat on the Trent & Mersey Canal near Dutton, Cheshire, IO83QH.
On Tuesday, on the Bridgewater Canal near Daresbury, IO83QI.
FT817ND with Mirage 3016, about 50W to a 4 element Yagi on top of the
boat. Pictures here, https://www.qrz.com/db/g4kfk
73
Mike G4KFK
Hi Mike,

Pleased to work you too. Pretty good signal from a canal boat.

I was using an IC 9700 to a 9ele at 89 m ASL near Stranraer. I've a
static caravan and the site I use is only 2miles away

<https://www.lothiansradiosociety.com/society-activities/37-gm3psp3/1390-
3-sept-2023-gm3ham-p-rsgb-2m-trophy-brian-gm4dij>

Conditions were very good especially on the Tuesday.

I may have recordings of you .

Cheers

Brian GM4DIJ
Brian Howie
M0WWS
2023-09-08 13:38:04 UTC
Post by brian
[...]
Conditions were amazing on Tuesday, the spectrum scope looked more like 20m than 2m

--
73deM0WWS
https://www.youtube.com/@M0WWS