Pinouts for TA7205
Jock.
2005-06-27 14:59:42 UTC
Does anyone know what the pinouts for the 6W audio
chip TA7205AP are?

1 to 10 left to right with manufacturer's markings
upmost?

Bitter experience taught me that things are never
quite that simple.

I have the Toshiba data sheet, but the bloody thing
does not give the pinouts!

73 de Jock.
--
A wise man makes his own decisions,
A weak one obeys public opinion
- Credo Quia Absurdum
Spooky
2005-06-27 15:55:30 UTC
Post by Jock.
Does anyone know what the pinouts for the 6W audio
chip TA7205AP are?
1 to 10 left to right with manufacturer's markings
upmost?
Bitter experience taught me that things are never
quite that simple.
I have the Toshiba data sheet, but the bloody thing
does not give the pinouts!
73 de Jock.
--
A wise man makes his own decisions,
A weak one obeys public opinion
- Credo Quia Absurdum
This might be what you're after..

http://www.xs4all.nl/~ganswijk/chipdir/pinusr/ta7205ap.txt

Regards,
Spooky
Jock.
2005-06-27 17:13:52 UTC
Post by Spooky
Post by Jock.
Does anyone know what the pinouts for the 6W audio
chip TA7205AP are?
This might be what you're after..
http://www.xs4all.nl/~ganswijk/chipdir/pinusr/ta7205ap.txt
Thanks, yes I saw that in my search but didn't quite know
what this meant:

+--()--+
V+ | 1 20|
Bootstrap | 2 19|
Decoupling | 3 18|
Phase Compensation | 4 17|
Phase Compensation | 5 16|
Input | 6 15|
Neative Feedback | 7 14|
Phase Compensation | 8 13|
Ground | 9 12|
Output |10 11|
+------+
Post by Spooky
Post by Jock.
1 to 10 left to right with manufacturer's markings
upmost?
But what on earth is the 11 to 20? The heatsink tab?

73 de Jock.
- Credo Quia Absurdum
AlanC
2005-06-27 21:32:00 UTC
Jock

These were used in just about all of the 1970's AM CB's as Rx
audio/modulator.
e.g.
This confirms Spooky's info. I should ignore 11-20, these were used at a
guess for a stereo version of the device??

I used to keep a stock of these for when the CBers connected their rigs the
wrong way round to the battery ha ha...

73 de Alan G0NFY
- Credo Quia Absurdum
Jock.
2005-06-28 12:10:19 UTC
Post by AlanC
Jock
These were used in just about all of the 1970's AM CB's as Rx
audio/modulator.
e.g.
http://www.shadowstorm.com/cb/schematics/Midland-77-830-manual-schematic.jpg
Thanks, but it doesn't confirm the pinouts, although I expect
it's straightforward 1 to 10 looking at the front of the device.
Post by AlanC
This confirms Spooky's info. I should ignore 11-20, these were used at a
guess for a stereo version of the device??
I used to keep a stock of these for when the CBers connected their rigs the
wrong way round to the battery ha ha...
They were going for a quid each at Frome.

73 de Jock.
- Credo Quia Absurdum
AlanC
2005-06-29 06:11:02 UTC
Jock

I do apologise.

I'm fairly sure it's 1-10 left to right with the heatsink tab uppermost and
the writing face toward you.

Alan
- Credo Quia Absurdum
Jock.
2005-06-29 13:42:53 UTC
Post by AlanC
Post by AlanC
Post by AlanC
wrong way round to the battery ha ha...
They were going for a quid each at Frome.
Jock
I do apologise.
For what? Top-posting? :o)
Post by AlanC
I'm fairly sure it's 1-10 left to right with the heatsink tab uppermost and
the writing face toward you.
Yes it is, I've had it confirmed, thanks.

73 de Jock.
Who was this prat Nelson?
Robin
Is there a dot above one of the pins? If so then that's pin 1.
Jock.
2005-06-29 21:01:48 UTC
Post by Robin
Post by Jock.
Post by AlanC
Jock
These were used in just about all of the 1970's AM CB's as Rx
audio/modulator.
e.g.
http://www.shadowstorm.com/cb/schematics/Midland-77-830-manual-schematic.jpg
Thanks, but it doesn't confirm the pinouts, although I expect
it's straightforward 1 to 10 looking at the front of the device.
Is there a dot above one of the pins? If so then that's pin 1.
Not on my specimen, but a nick on the left à la DIL.

73 de Jock.
Who was this prat Nelson?
pa0ary
2005-06-28 10:55:42 UTC
Jock.
2005-06-28 12:11:47 UTC
Post by pa0ary
Post by Jock.
Does anyone know what the pinouts for the 6W audio
chip TA7205AP are?
1 to 10 left to right with manufacturer's markings
upmost?
Bitter experience taught me that things are never
quite that simple.
I have the Toshiba data sheet, but the bloody thing
does not give the pinouts!
73 de Jock.
I am not sure which Toshiba datasheet you're referring to. Please check
http://www.alldatasheet.com/datasheet-pdf/pdf/TOSHIBA/TA7205AP.html
and click for the pdf file. It shows a precise pin-out of the TA7205AP
Thanks very much. That confirms it.

73 de Jock.