Wishy-washy QRM on 2m
Gareth Paley
2023-01-25 17:38:50 UTC
Getting this terrible drifting narrow(ish) band noise on 2m tonight. Before I break out the DF gear, has anyone seen anything like this (*) before and found out what's causing it?

* https://www.youtube.com/shorts/jGbVeKaLNcY

I'm thinking someone's got a dicky phone charger

--
73 de M0WWS
www.qrz.com/db/M0WWS
Julian Macassey
2023-01-25 23:06:11 UTC
On Wed, 25 Jan 2023 09:38:50 -0800 (PST), Gareth Paley
Post by Gareth Paley
Getting this terrible drifting narrow(ish) band noise on 2m tonight. Before I break out the DF gear, has anyone seen anything like this (*) before and found out what's causing it?
* https://www.youtube.com/shorts/jGbVeKaLNcY
I'm thinking someone's got a dicky phone charger
I'm thinking someone needs to get some posting software that
follows standards.
--
"We tend to forget. Ours is a society where things are like
instant, so therefore, history almost is like so far back it
doesn't count." - GW Bush, 3/29/06
jim.gm4dhj
stuff standards
Brian Morrison
2023-01-26 17:48:45 UTC
On Thu, 26 Jan 2023 17:16:12 +0000
Post by jim.gm4dhj
Post by Julian Macassey
I'm thinking someone needs to get some posting software that
follows standards.
stuff standards
Thought you were always complaining about the reduction in standards in
the hobby Jim.
--
Brian Morrison

Oscar Wilde
jim.gm4dhj
except those standards obviously .....computer crap doesn't matter
Julian Macassey
2023-01-26 21:54:56 UTC
Post by jim.gm4dhj
Post by Julian Macassey
I'm thinking someone needs to get some posting software that
follows standards.
stuff standards
"The nice thing about standards is that there are so many of them
to choose from." - Andrew S. Tanenbaum
--
"If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the
best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket." - LBJ 1964
jim.gm4dhj
that is standard
Ottavio Caruso
2023-01-26 10:56:37 UTC
Post by Gareth Paley
Getting this terrible drifting narrow(ish) band noise on 2m tonight. Before I break out the DF gear, has anyone seen anything like this (*) before and found out what's causing it?
* https://www.youtube.com/shorts/jGbVeKaLNcY
I'm thinking someone's got a dicky phone charger
--
73 de M0WWS
www.qrz.com/db/M0WWS
Is there still life on 2m?
Ottavio Caruso
jim.gm4dhj
no just me and a pal
Brian Gregory
2023-01-26 11:25:57 UTC
Post by Gareth Paley
Getting this terrible drifting narrow(ish) band noise on 2m tonight. Before I break out the DF gear, has anyone seen anything like this (*) before and found out what's causing it?
* https://www.youtube.com/shorts/jGbVeKaLNcY
I'm thinking someone's got a dicky phone charger
Yes. I'd say the number one suspect would be exactly that kind of thing.
A cheap Chinese made switch mode PSU of some kind.
Brian Gregory (in England).
Gareth Paley
2023-01-26 15:13:06 UTC
Post by Brian Gregory
Post by Gareth Paley
Getting this terrible drifting narrow(ish) band noise on 2m tonight. Before I break out the DF gear, has anyone seen anything like this (*) before and found out what's causing it?
* https://www.youtube.com/shorts/jGbVeKaLNcY
I'm thinking someone's got a dicky phone charger
Yes. I'd say the number one suspect would be exactly that kind of thing.
A cheap Chinese made switch mode PSU of some kind.
--
Brian Gregory (in England).
Looks like it either gave up the ghost or warmed up some more and drifted up a few MHz because I had no bother for the rest of the evening

--
73 de M0WWS
https://www.qrz.com/db/M0WWS
Jim gm4dhj ...