The war on motorists.
Radio Man
2023-09-30 12:34:21 UTC
I don't know what all the fuss is about. Why don't "The Motorists" just
cycle or walk instead? The "Motorists" who are too old, too fucked, too
fat, too idle, or too up themselves to walk or to cycle can get a taxi or
use the fantastic, efficient, reasonably priced public transport that the
wonderful Conservative party had the foresight to deregulate and
privatise for them.

Grow Up, Motorists!
Jack Harry Teesdale
2023-09-30 13:23:26 UTC
Post by Radio Man
I don't know what all the fuss is about. Why don't "The Motorists" just
cycle or walk instead? The "Motorists" who are too old, too fucked, too
fat, too idle, or too up themselves to walk or to cycle can get a taxi or
use the fantastic, efficient, reasonably priced public transport that the
wonderful Conservative party had the foresight to deregulate and
privatise for them.
Grow Up, Motorists!
Do I sense a large hint of sarcasm in your post?

Anyhow, the anti-motorist brigade would do well to remember it is
motorists who pay a large slice of the taxes, without which there
wouldn't be much less available for public spending.
charles
2023-09-30 13:30:03 UTC
Post by Radio Man
I don't know what all the fuss is about. Why don't "The Motorists" just
cycle or walk instead? The "Motorists" who are too old, too fucked, too
fat, too idle, or too up themselves to walk or to cycle can get a taxi or
use the fantastic, efficient, reasonably priced public transport that the
wonderful Conservative party had the foresight to deregulate and
privatise for them.
Grow Up, Motorists!
I used to cycle for local journeys but I was knocked off my bike -
receiving a badly broken arm - I lost my nerve after that. Too many
motorist who don't give adequate room when passing.
--
from KT24 in Surrey, England - sent from my RISC OS 4té²
The Natural Philosopher
2023-09-30 14:01:03 UTC
Post by charles
Post by Radio Man
I don't know what all the fuss is about. Why don't "The Motorists" just
cycle or walk instead? The "Motorists" who are too old, too fucked, too
fat, too idle, or too up themselves to walk or to cycle can get a taxi or
use the fantastic, efficient, reasonably priced public transport that the
wonderful Conservative party had the foresight to deregulate and
privatise for them.
Grow Up, Motorists!
I used to cycle for local journeys but I was knocked off my bike -
receiving a badly broken arm - I lost my nerve after that. Too many
motorist who don't give adequate room when passing.
On the roads rind here the LycraLouts™ insist on riding down the
center. They patently have no idea how to control a bicycle accurately
enough with anything less than a 1,5m gap either side and more if they
can arrange it, but of course they never took a test, have no insurance
, and these days have effective immunity under the Law.
Their very saddles stink with the odour of sanctity of their non carbon
emittiung bicycles.
--
I was brought up to believe that you should never give offence if you
can avoid it; the new culture tells us you should always take offence if

Sir Roger Scruton
S Mason
I hope you've got some sort of spittle guard on that keyboard of yours.
The Natural Philosopher
2023-09-30 17:23:21 UTC
Post by charles
Post by Radio Man
[...]
No spittle. Just *facts*. You know the things that cause you to have a
panic attack and cover your ears.
And leap in to mount an *emotional* attack on the people who divulge
them to you.
--
“It is hard to imagine a more stupid decision or more dangerous way of
who pay no price for being wrong.”

Thomas Sowell
S Mason
You wouldn't know a fact if it bit you on the arse.
The Natural Philosopher
2023-10-01 09:56:32 UTC
Post by charles
Post by Radio Man
[...]
Oh dear, more emotional fact free responses.
.
Darling boy, I made my career as a practising engineer. No a BBC newscaster.
Machines respond to facts.
Not to idle opinions.
I cant make my car do another ten miles by promising it that I will fill
up at the next fuel station.
If my designs are not cosnsistent with the facts, they dont work.

I said:
On the roads rind here the LycraLouts™ insist on riding down the
center.

That is an actual fact.

They patently have no idea how to control a bicycle accurately
enough with anything less than a 1,5m gap either side and more if they
can arrange it,

That is also a fact. They are the most selfish road users ever. They
have been told how scared they must be of cars but how they can
prosecute a driver who doesn't leave a meter gap, which means they can
render themselves impossible to overtake, and they do. one mile tailbacks

but of course they never took a test,

Is a fact.

have no insurance ,

is a fact.

and these days have effective immunity under the Law.

is a fact.

Their very saddles stink with the odour of sanctity of their non
carbon emitting bicycles.

Poetic license
S Mason
2023-10-01 10:27:18 UTC
Post by charles
Post by Radio Man
[...]
All perfectly legal. I thought you lot liked law and order, or is that
only when it suits YOU?
The Natural Philosopher
2023-10-01 21:23:29 UTC
Post by charles
Post by Radio Man
[...]
Legality does not necessarily equate with good practice.
I see a report in the comic DE that Cambridge, home of the lightless
pavement riding bicycle is the worst town for lethal traffic accidents.

These are not legal. Neither is cycling the wrong way down a one way
street or lurching off the pavement in front of a car. Or going round a
roundabout the wrong way.

I would say only one in three cambridge cyclists are fit to be allowed
on the public roads when they decide that the pavement isn't where they
want to be..
--
“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the
other is to refuse to believe what is true.”

—Soren Kierkegaard
S Mason
2023-10-01 21:40:35 UTC
Post by charles
Post by Radio Man
[...]
Lots of additional spittle-flecked stuff that you weren't talking about
in your original rant about law abiding cyclists.

Same old.
The Natural Philosopher
2023-10-01 21:49:52 UTC
Post by charles
Post by Radio Man
[...]
You are becoming a total fucking bore with your pathetic juvenile insults
whenever you cant make a rational case.

*plonk*
S Mason
2023-10-01 21:55:39 UTC
Post by charles
Post by Radio Man
[...]
And a sore LOOOOOOOOSER TOOOOOOOOOO!

LOL!
JNugent
2023-10-03 01:28:45 UTC
Post by charles
Post by Radio Man
[...]
Oi! May Sun!

Yes... YOU!

Aren't you the very same May Sun who has been deceitfully claiming for
years that you have a large number of posters killfiled and never see
their posts, but then spend hours every week responding in detail to
them whilst pretending that you haven't seen them?

:-)

LOL indeed...
S Mason
2023-10-03 05:27:11 UTC
Post by charles
Post by Radio Man
[...]
non carbon emitting bicycles.
[...]
No,
Post by JNugent
:-)
LOL indeed...
Muddleheaded muppet.
JNugent
2023-10-12 14:35:11 UTC
Post by S Mason
Post by charles
Post by Radio Man
[...]
Oh yes... I forgot to add the other apt description of you, May Sun:

LIAR.
Post by S Mason
Post by JNugent
:-)
LOL indeed...
Muddleheaded muppet.
Did you get that? LIAR!
S Mason
2023-10-12 14:52:39 UTC
Post by JNugent
Post by S Mason
Post by charles
Post by Radio Man
[...]
their non carbon emitting bicycles.
[...]
Post by S Mason
Post by JNugent
:-)
LOL indeed...
Muddleheaded muppet.
Did you get that? LIAR!
You mental cunt.
JNugent
2023-10-13 10:27:48 UTC
Post by S Mason
Post by JNugent
Post by S Mason
Post by charles
Post by Radio Man
[...]
Post by S Mason
Post by JNugent
:-)
LOL indeed...
Muddleheaded muppet.
Did you get that? LIAR!
You mental cunt.
That's better!

That's more like the Simon May Sun that everyone knows (but need not
necessarily love).

BTW: have you done any more flying practice recently?
S Mason
2023-10-13 11:44:01 UTC
Post by JNugent
Post by S Mason
Post by JNugent
Post by S Mason
Post by S Mason
On Sat, 30 Sep 2023 15:01:03 +0100, The Natural Philosopher
Post by charles
Post by Radio Man
[...]
Post by S Mason
Post by JNugent
:-)
LOL indeed...
Muddleheaded muppet.
Did you get that? LIAR!
You mental cunt.
That's better!
That's more like the Simon May Sun that everyone knows (but need not
necessarily love).
BTW: have you done any more flying practice recently?
I've already told you that I'm not Simon Mason, or May Sun, you leadheaded
loon.
.
Now, take your surfeit of spittle, fuck off, and jump on someone else's
hook, you deluded Clownfish cunt.

JNugent
2023-10-03 01:26:38 UTC
Post by charles
Post by Radio Man
[...]
Simon Mason of uk.rec.cycling; champion bridge jumper-offer.

You've probably done the best thing.
The Natural Philosopher
2023-10-03 07:41:26 UTC
Post by S Mason
Post by charles
Post by Radio Man
[...]
My life is immeasurably improved.
S Mason
TBF, It couldn't have got much sadder, could it.
JNugent
2023-10-12 02:02:29 UTC
Post by charles
Post by Radio Man
[...]
Ooh!

What about the fact that you drove an unroadworthy car halfway across a
continent because you were too tight-fisted to get it repaired and made
safe?

And then boasted about it.

Or even better, the fact that you boasted about binge-drinking
home-brew... get this... in a pit in the floor of your garage?
Julian Macassey
2023-10-01 10:09:35 UTC
On Sat, 30 Sep 2023 15:12:23 -0000 (UTC), S Mason
<***@invalid.invalid> wrote:

What has this drivel got to do with uk.radio.amateur?
--
The NHS will last as long as there are folk left with faith to
fight for it. - Aneurin Bevan
David Wade
2023-10-01 10:26:00 UTC
Post by Julian Macassey
On Sat, 30 Sep 2023 15:12:23 -0000 (UTC), S Mason
What has this drivel got to do with uk.radio.amateur?
Nothing which is why the moderated group was created, but no one wants
to use it, so we are stuck with all the plonkers....
Bernie
2023-10-01 11:28:44 UTC
On Sun, 1 Oct 2023 11:26:00 +0100
Post by David Wade
Post by Julian Macassey
On Sat, 30 Sep 2023 15:12:23 -0000 (UTC), S Mason
What has this drivel got to do with uk.radio.amateur?
Nothing which is why the moderated group was created, but no one
wants to use it, so we are stuck with all the plonkers....
I thought the moderated group was created purely to spite Burt? LVN's
had a go at livening it up.
Brian Morrison
2023-10-01 17:33:06 UTC
On Sun, 1 Oct 2023 12:28:44 +0100
Post by Bernie
Post by David Wade
Nothing which is why the moderated group was created, but no one
wants to use it, so we are stuck with all the plonkers....
I thought the moderated group was created purely to spite Burt?
Of course, although he seems singularly unconcerned about it.
--
Brian Morrison

Oscar Wilde
Bernie
2023-10-01 19:21:39 UTC
On Sun, 1 Oct 2023 18:33:06 +0100
Post by Brian Morrison
On Sun, 1 Oct 2023 12:28:44 +0100
Post by Bernie
Post by David Wade
Nothing which is why the moderated group was created, but no one
wants to use it, so we are stuck with all the plonkers....
I thought the moderated group was created purely to spite Burt?
Of course, although he seems singularly unconcerned about it.
Yeah, fair play to Burt. He campaigned against it for a few years, wrote
reports about it for more than a year after its creation, and then he
was over it in a flash. Like you say, totally unruffled.
Julian Macassey
2023-10-01 11:30:27 UTC
Post by David Wade
Post by Julian Macassey
On Sat, 30 Sep 2023 15:12:23 -0000 (UTC), S Mason
What has this drivel got to do with uk.radio.amateur?
Nothing which is why the moderated group was created, but no one wants
to use it, so we are stuck with all the plonkers....
It's easy enough to create killfiles and delete
threads.

Rather that than blue nosed moderators.
--
The NHS will last as long as there are folk left with faith to
fight for it. - Aneurin Bevan
Bernie
Roger's got a blue nose? That doesn't sit well with his politics.
brian
2023-10-01 15:28:38 UTC
Post by Julian Macassey
Post by David Wade
Post by Julian Macassey
On Sat, 30 Sep 2023 15:12:23 -0000 (UTC), S Mason
What has this drivel got to do with uk.radio.amateur?
Nothing which is why the moderated group was created, but no one
wants to use it, so we are stuck with all the plonkers....
It's easy enough to create killfiles and delete
threads.
Rather that than blue nosed moderators.
Roger's got a blue nose? That doesn't sit well with his politics.
Maybe a Rangers Supporer ?

Brian
Brian Howie
Roger Hayter
2023-10-01 19:07:26 UTC
Post by Julian Macassey
Post by David Wade
Post by Julian Macassey
On Sat, 30 Sep 2023 15:12:23 -0000 (UTC), S Mason
What has this drivel got to do with uk.radio.amateur?
Nothing which is why the moderated group was created, but no one
wants to use it, so we are stuck with all the plonkers....
It's easy enough to create killfiles and delete
threads.
Rather that than blue nosed moderators.
Roger's got a blue nose? That doesn't sit well with his politics.
Maybe a Rangers Supporer ?
Brian
That's going a bit far. There's insults and unforgiveable insults.
Roger Hayter
Bernie
2023-10-01 19:30:14 UTC
Post by Julian Macassey
Post by David Wade
Post by Julian Macassey
On Sat, 30 Sep 2023 15:12:23 -0000 (UTC), S Mason
What has this drivel got to do with uk.radio.amateur?
Nothing which is why the moderated group was created, but no
one wants to use it, so we are stuck with all the plonkers....
It's easy enough to create killfiles and delete
threads.
Rather that than blue nosed moderators.
Roger's got a blue nose? That doesn't sit well with his politics.
Maybe a Rangers Supporer ?
Brian
Do you reckon that Roger will be played by Mel Gibson in the film
version?
brian
2023-10-01 15:30:33 UTC
Post by Julian Macassey
Post by David Wade
Post by Julian Macassey
On Sat, 30 Sep 2023 15:12:23 -0000 (UTC), S Mason
What has this drivel got to do with uk.radio.amateur?
Nothing which is why the moderated group was created, but no one wants
to use it, so we are stuck with all the plonkers....
It's easy enough to create killfiles and delete
threads.
Rather that than blue nosed moderators.
I've always found the uram moderation team to be fair and helpful ,and
true gentlemen.

Brian
Brian Howie
Bernie
2023-10-01 19:47:35 UTC
On Sun, 1 Oct 2023 16:30:33 +0100
Post by brian
Post by Julian Macassey
Post by David Wade
Post by Julian Macassey
On Sat, 30 Sep 2023 15:12:23 -0000 (UTC), S Mason
What has this drivel got to do with uk.radio.amateur?
Nothing which is why the moderated group was created, but no one
wants to use it, so we are stuck with all the plonkers....
It's easy enough to create killfiles and delete
threads.
Rather that than blue nosed moderators.
I've always found the uram moderation team to be fair and
helpful ,and true gentlemen.
Brian
<informal question>

Where did Andy's firefox post come from? When I see it here, it seems
to start in the middle of a thread.
brian
2023-10-01 20:38:34 UTC
Post by Bernie
On Sun, 1 Oct 2023 16:30:33 +0100
Post by brian
Post by Julian Macassey
Post by David Wade
Post by Julian Macassey
On Sat, 30 Sep 2023 15:12:23 -0000 (UTC), S Mason
What has this drivel got to do with uk.radio.amateur?
Nothing which is why the moderated group was created, but no one
wants to use it, so we are stuck with all the plonkers....
It's easy enough to create killfiles and delete
threads.
Rather that than blue nosed moderators.
I've always found the uram moderation team to be fair and
helpful ,and true gentlemen.
Brian
<informal question>
Where did Andy's firefox post come from? When I see it here, it seems
to start in the middle of a thread.
I've no idea. It puzzled me too.

It looked like x-post that went wrong. I might check the logs .

Andy FMF might know what he was replying to.

Incidently.
There seems to have been a bit of spam in the last few weeks that have
been automatically suppressed. Ulm seem to have to do that manually.

e.g "Seat Cushion"
<uvcyfds at .. rma.jambyl.su> Sitting For Long Hours is the Worst.

Definitely targeting the right audience.

Brian
Brian Howie
mm0fmf
2023-10-04 06:15:51 UTC
Post by brian
Post by Bernie
On Sun, 1 Oct 2023 16:30:33 +0100
Post by brian
Post by Julian Macassey
[...]
I was surprised that it turned up as it was a uk.d-i-y reply, I didn't
notice any other groups on the list. Looking at what was sent it was
only sent to uk.d-i-y so I don't know why there was a cross-post.
A. non Eyemouse
2023-10-04 22:15:27 UTC
Post by mm0fmf
Post by brian
Post by Bernie
On Sun, 1 Oct 2023 16:30:33 +0100
Post by brian
Post by Julian Macassey
[...]
What next, preparation H?
Post by mm0fmf
I was surprised that it turned up as it was a uk.d-i-y reply, I didn't
notice any other groups on the list. Looking at what was sent it was
only sent to uk.d-i-y so I don't know why there was a cross-post.
The original shitpost <hBURM.181840$***@usenetxs.com> appears to
have been sent to uk.d-i-y and uk.r.a. Perhaps it was pre-empting the
PM's speech at the Conservative conference today.
--
Mouse.
Where Morse meets House.
Brian Morrison
2023-10-01 17:33:40 UTC
Post by Julian Macassey
Post by David Wade
Post by Julian Macassey
On Sat, 30 Sep 2023 15:12:23 -0000 (UTC), S Mason
What has this drivel got to do with uk.radio.amateur?
Nothing which is why the moderated group was created, but no one
wants to use it, so we are stuck with all the plonkers....
It's easy enough to create killfiles and delete
threads.
Rather that than blue nosed moderators.
Quite. But some find that too irksome.
--
Brian Morrison

Oscar Wilde
JNugent
...says May Sun, a laughing stock over on uk.r.c
Rambo
sounds like a self parody there Mr Reay !
Radio Man
Pissed again, Dumbo Dick?
Rambo
You need some fresh insults Mr Reay.
Radio Man
You need a brain transplant, Mr Dumbo.
Brian Gaff
2023-10-01 16:37:05 UTC
Ho ho, are you really a troll or just playing one, or maybe traininng?

I think it has become a very good revenue stream to catch people parking or
going over the speed limit since the Government have starved local
authorities of funding for many years now, and its not all going to be
fundable out of council tax or business rates.
I do't care which government gets in, in the end running a national debt if
interest rates rise is unsustainable and running a council without the help
from central taxation is also unsustainable. Its a bit like everyone has
painted themselves into a corner. If you have to rely on taxis and busses
and trains as a blind person, you soon find out how cheap owning a car will
seem.
Brian
--
--: