gorn ....
2018-02-12 12:13:16 UTC
woo hoo just sold my FT450D a much hated radio ......
Resisting Freemasonry for 39 years .....
Brian Reay
2018-02-12 12:29:05 UTC
woo hoo just sold my FT450D a much hated radio ......
Not a radio I've owned but, having played with one, I thought them ok-
although I tend to prefer Icom. Has the edge on the IC718 in terms of
features, if not ease of use, if you like features that is. Personally,
I regard a lot of them as 'clutter'.

What didn't you like about it?
Jim GM4DHJ ...
2018-02-12 12:32:53 UTC
Post by Brian Reay
Post by Jim GM4DHJ ...
woo hoo just sold my FT450D a much hated radio ......
Not a radio I've owned but, having played with one, I thought them ok-
although I tend to prefer Icom. Has the edge on the IC718 in terms of
features, if not ease of use, if you like features that is. Personally,
I regard a lot of them as 'clutter'.
 What didn't you like about it?
hated my ic718 as well....The 450d has a bad display you can't read it
in daylight...bad noise blanker and poor DSP etc........ALSO CAN'T STAND
THOSE FOUR PIN POWER PLUGS......
Resisting Freemasonry for 39 years .....
Jim GM4DHJ ...
2018-02-12 12:34:31 UTC
Post by Brian Reay
Post by Jim GM4DHJ ...
woo hoo just sold my FT450D a much hated radio ......
Not a radio I've owned but, having played with one, I thought them ok-
although I tend to prefer Icom. Has the edge on the IC718 in terms of
features, if not ease of use, if you like features that is.
Personally, I regard a lot of them as 'clutter'.
  What didn't you like about it?
hated my ic718 as well....The 450d has a bad display you can't read it
in daylight...bad noise blanker and poor DSP etc........ALSO CAN'T STAND
THOSE FOUR PIN POWER PLUGS......
Now have only good HF rigs two IC728s and a DX77 and an alinco 10m fm
mobile .....quality
Resisting Freemasonry for 39 years .....
Brian Reay
2018-02-12 13:20:26 UTC
Post by Brian Reay
Post by Jim GM4DHJ ...
woo hoo just sold my FT450D a much hated radio ......
Not a radio I've owned but, having played with one, I thought them
ok- although I tend to prefer Icom. Has the edge on the IC718 in
terms of features, if not ease of use, if you like features that is.
Personally, I regard a lot of them as 'clutter'.
  What didn't you like about it?
hated my ic718 as well....The 450d has a bad display you can't read it
in daylight...bad noise blanker and poor DSP etc........ALSO CAN'T
STAND THOSE FOUR PIN POWER PLUGS......
I can't recall the plug on the 450, is it like the one on the Ts700? If
so, they aren't much cop.

I'm a bit surprise the 450 uses them, assuming it does, I thought Yaesu
had gone over to Molex style. The plug on the FT100D is a 'funny' one.
Quality is ok but not at all common.
Both respectable radios- it was a DX77 I sold to someone on the group.
Brian Morrison
2018-02-12 14:47:50 UTC
On Mon, 12 Feb 2018 13:20:26 +0000
Post by Brian Reay
I'm a bit surprise the 450 uses them, assuming it does, I thought
Yaesu had gone over to Molex style.
The FT450D power plug *is* a Molex plug...

https://www.amazon.com/Yaesu-POWER-CABLE-FT-450D-4-PIN/dp/B00AR0BWLY

or

https://www.amazon.com/Short-Power-Supply-Cable-IC-7000/dp/B072JT688J
Brian Morrison
Brian Reay
2018-02-12 15:13:13 UTC
Post by Brian Reay
I'm a bit surprise the 450 uses them, assuming it does, I thought
Yaesu had gone over to Molex style.
The FT450D power plug *is* a Molex plug...
https://www.amazon.com/Yaesu-POWER-CABLE-FT-450D-4-PIN/dp/B00AR0BWLY
or
https://www.amazon.com/Short-Power-Supply-Cable-IC-7000/dp/B072JT688J
I though it would be. So why doesn't Jim like it?

True, it isn't the more common style used on many radios but I thought
be must mean the 'Jones style' connector.
Jim GM4DHJ ...
2018-02-12 16:24:02 UTC
Post by Brian Reay
Post by Brian Reay
Post by Jim GM4DHJ ...
woo hoo just sold my FT450D a much hated radio ......
Not a radio I've owned but, having played with one, I thought them
ok- although I tend to prefer Icom. Has the edge on the IC718 in
terms of features, if not ease of use, if you like features that is.
Personally, I regard a lot of them as 'clutter'.
  What didn't you like about it?
hated my ic718 as well....The 450d has a bad display you can't read
it in daylight...bad noise blanker and poor DSP etc........ALSO CAN'T
STAND THOSE FOUR PIN POWER PLUGS......
I can't recall the plug on the 450, is it like the one on the Ts700? If
so, they aren't much cop.
no a more modern plastic job...but nasty ....and hard to undo....
Post by Jim GM4DHJ ...
Now have only good HF rigs two IC728s and a DX77
Both respectable radios- it was a DX77 I sold to someone on the group.
nice radio like how it does cw ......
Resisting Freemasonry for 39 years .....
Brian Morrison
2018-02-12 17:25:42 UTC
On Mon, 12 Feb 2018 16:24:02 +0000
Post by Jim GM4DHJ ...
no a more modern plastic job...but nasty ....and hard to undo....
I wouldn't call it hard, but it needs a deft touch. The point of course
is that it doesn't fall out without reasonable persuasion.
Brian Morrison
Brian Reay
2018-02-12 13:23:22 UTC
Post by Brian Reay
Post by Jim GM4DHJ ...
woo hoo just sold my FT450D a much hated radio ......
Not a radio I've owned but, having played with one, I thought them ok-
although I tend to prefer Icom. Has the edge on the IC718 in terms of
features, if not ease of use, if you like features that is.
Personally, I regard a lot of them as 'clutter'.
  What didn't you like about it?
hated my ic718 as well....The 450d has a bad display you can't read it
in daylight...bad noise blanker and poor DSP etc........ALSO CAN'T STAND
THOSE FOUR PIN POWER PLUGS......
Ok. I only tried the 450 indoors so the display wasn't an issue but I
can imagine it could be in sunlight etc. Not an uncommon problem.

Different product but the Kindle has a 'magic' display - great even in
sunlight.
Jim GM4DHJ ...
2018-02-12 12:36:49 UTC
Post by Brian Reay
Post by Jim GM4DHJ ...
woo hoo just sold my FT450D a much hated radio ......
Not a radio I've owned but, having played with one, I thought them ok-
although I tend to prefer Icom. Has the edge on the IC718 in terms of
features, if not ease of use, if you like features that is. Personally,
I regard a lot of them as 'clutter'.
 What didn't you like about it?
its gorn gorn....gorn....so high tech so very very high tech...so new
and shiny...so high quality...but somehow rubbish ......(Round the horn)
Resisting Freemasonry for 39 years .....
Old Nick
2018-02-12 14:48:08 UTC
On Mon, 12 Feb 2018 12:13:16 +0000, "Jim GM4DHJ ..."
Post by Jim GM4DHJ ...
woo hoo just sold my FT450D a much hated radio ......
I have one of those in my RV back in Toronto. It does what it's
supposed to.
Aeolus 14 Umbra
badly
Gareth's Downstairs Computer
2018-02-12 15:28:37 UTC
Post by Jim GM4DHJ ...
woo hoo just sold my FT450D a much hated radio ......
I have one of those in my RV back in Toronto. It does what it's
supposed to.
badly
Must get round to taking mine out of the box. Or
was it an FT1200? Lose track of my winding up
the nonces to give them something to bite!

"Oh what a tangled web, etc, etc"
Bernie
2018-02-12 16:27:19 UTC
On Mon, 12 Feb 2018 15:28:37 +0000
Post by Jim GM4DHJ ...
woo hoo just sold my FT450D a much hated radio ......
I have one of those in my RV back in Toronto. It does what it's
supposed to.
badly
Must get round to taking mine out of the box. Or
was it an FT1200? Lose track of my winding up
the nonces to give them something to bite!
Have you noticed that nobody answers your questions anymore, Gareth?
Too many wolf cries, perhaps?
Post by Gareth's Downstairs Computer
"Oh what a tangled web, etc, etc"
And all because Tomlinson called you a penniless halfwit.

Well, you showed him, Gareth.

YTC!
Stephen Thomas Troll
2018-02-12 22:16:29 UTC
Post by Jim GM4DHJ ...
woo hoo just sold my FT450D a much hated radio ......
I have one of those in my RV back in Toronto. It does what it's
supposed to.
badly
Must get round to taking mine out of the box. Or was it an FT1200? Lose
track of my winding up the nonces to give them something to bite!
"Oh what a tangled web, etc, etc"
P A T H O L O G I C A L L I A R.
--
Visit Derbyshire's 2nd biggest supplier of Bullshit:
http://jprfarmdirect.co.uk