amazing
2017-06-05 15:00:15 UTC
amazing how supposedly highly technical hams haven't a clue how CTCSS works
on repeaters......
Catweazel
2017-06-05 15:17:00 UTC
amazing how supposedly highly technical hams haven't a clue how CTCSS works
on repeaters......
Not so amazing as I'm sure not *every* "highly technical ham", or any
other kind, is interested in repeater operation.
--
---
http://www.avg.com
Jim GM4DHJ ...
2017-06-05 15:18:48 UTC
Post by Catweazel
Post by Jim GM4DHJ ...
amazing how supposedly highly technical hams haven't a clue how CTCSS works
on repeaters......
Not so amazing as I'm sure not *every* "highly technical ham", or any
other kind, is interested in repeater operation.
correct but we are infested by class Bs these days ......they love repeaters
and have CTCSS cheat sheets in the car .....
Ian Jackson
2017-06-05 15:32:02 UTC
Post by Catweazel
Post by Jim GM4DHJ ...
amazing how supposedly highly technical hams haven't a clue how CTCSS works
on repeaters......
Not so amazing as I'm sure not *every* "highly technical ham", or any
other kind, is interested in repeater operation.
correct but we are infested by class Bs these days ......they love repeaters
and have CTCSS cheat sheets in the car .....
Real radio amateurs (if they really do have to use repeaters) train
themselves to simultaneously talk and hum the required CRCSS tone.
Ian
Jim GM4DHJ ...
they hum that is true ......and talk to themselves .....
AndyW
2017-06-07 07:36:31 UTC
amazing how supposedly highly technical hams haven't a clue how CTCSS works
on repeaters......
To be fair, if I were to use a repeater I would have to revise first.
Almost all my time is spent on QRP, CW, WSPR and home made antennas. I
cannot think when I last used a repeater since training for the exam.

Andy
Jim GM4DHJ ...