Bloomin'cheek!
2018-02-01 13:44:38 UTC
Ordered an auto ATU and balun from one of the
main emporia and it came promptly and well packaged.

But in a M I D L A N D box !!!!!!! :-(

Talking of CB, what is the name for that very tall
CB base antenna with the inverted cone at the bottom,
for it seels to me that it would form the radiator
for any vertical tuned by an auto ATU?
Rambo
https://www.radioworld.co.uk/sirio_vector_4000_cb_antenna?gclid=CjwKCAiAksvTBRBFEiwADSBZfN1AvWW7a_zMUpK96k2wfY9BKt4fuuBaUZqp2LMs0Quelkvh4EeMPxoCQ3wQAvD_BwE
Gareth's Downstairs Computer
2018-02-01 16:26:22 UTC
Post by Rambo
On Thu, 1 Feb 2018 13:44:38 +0000, Gareth's Downstairs Computer
Post by Gareth's Downstairs Computer
Ordered an auto ATU and balun from one of the
main emporia and it came promptly and well packaged.
But in a M I D L A N D box !!!!!!! :-(
Talking of CB, what is the name for that very tall
CB base antenna with the inverted cone at the bottom,
for it seels to me that it would form the radiator
for any vertical tuned by an auto ATU?
https://www.radioworld.co.uk/sirio_vector_4000_cb_antenna?gclid=CjwKCAiAksvTBRBFEiwADSBZfN1AvWW7a_zMUpK96k2wfY9BKt4fuuBaUZqp2LMs0Quelkvh4EeMPxoCQ3wQAvD_BwE
TA muchly.

Based upon your previous CB experiences, is it the case that to meet the
antenna length restriction that the radials are, in fact, the radiating
part, and the tall thin section some form of earth?

ie, Do you know what connections are provided?
mm0fmf
Spuke knows what waves it can launch.
Bernie
Chairman Dick will know how to plant it.
Stephen Thomas Troll
2018-02-01 18:10:15 UTC
Post by mm0fmf
Post by Gareth's Downstairs Computer
TA muchly.
Based upon your previous CB experiences, is it the case that to meet
the antenna length restriction that the radials are, in fact, the
radiating part, and the tall thin section some form of earth?
ie, Do you know what connections are provided?
Spuke knows what waves it can launch.
It'll never launch any waves from Halfwit's Close. Gareth just likes
talking about doing things, he's too fat and idle to actually do anything
that involves getting up off his big fat arse.
--
Visit Derbyshire's 2nd biggest supplier of Bullshit:
http://jprfarmdirect.co.uk
Then post the same old shit to Usenet day-after-day-after-day...
Rambo
http://cb-antennas.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/Sigma-IV-1.01-Jan-2015.pdf
Gareth's Downstairs Computer
2018-02-01 19:21:57 UTC
Post by Rambo
[...]
A gamma match, which tells me what I want to know.

The other analyses beg to be read at a later time

Thank-you once again.

This leaves but one query, in mechanical terms, I wonder waht
is the optimum approach to making off a copper conductor onto
aluminium? Presumably the use of a castellated washer to
pierce the oxide coating? But how to long-term it?
Aeolus 14 Umbra
2018-02-02 11:10:15 UTC
Post by Rambo
[...]
cb antenna will go well with your midland box.....i have a midland
hat........
Gareth's Downstairs Computer
2018-02-02 11:42:18 UTC
Post by Rambo
[...]
The Midland box referred to the cardboard box it was packaged in !!!!!

I'll call your Midland hat, and raise you a Rolls Royce umbrella :-)
Aeolus 14 Umbra
ha ha......
Jeefaw K Effkay
If this is outside, aluminium in contact with copper won't last long enough for you to worry about piercing an oxide coating.
Rambo
2018-02-03 00:18:00 UTC
Post by Rambo
[...]
Not a cheap option..and unavailable in the UK till after Brexit ..but
we try..

https://www.muggyweld.com/product/super-alloy-1/