15 14 5 6 15 18 2 21 18 20 ?
2018-02-10 17:52:56 UTC
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/world-42819704/numbers-stations-the-spy-radio-that-anyone-can-hear
Brian Reay
2018-02-10 17:58:55 UTC
Post by Bernie
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/world-42819704/numbers-stations-the-spy-radio-that-anyone-can-hear
There was an article on R4 this morning about it. Quite interesting.

I've been half expecting Spike to pop up and tell us one of his stories
about his experiences decoding them. Still there is still time.

There was a programme on either R4 or R4extra on them- something like
'Catching the Lincolnshire Poacher'. A, slightly, well known SWL was in
in Simon Mason? Perhaps I have the name wrong.
Bernie
2018-02-10 18:11:34 UTC
On Sat, 10 Feb 2018 17:58:55 +0000
Post by Brian Reay
Post by Bernie
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/world-42819704/numbers-stations-the-spy-radio-that-anyone-can-hear
There was an article on R4 this morning about it. Quite interesting.
I'll have a look for it on iPlayer.
Post by Brian Reay
I've been half expecting Spike to pop up and tell us one of his
stories about his experiences decoding them. Still there is still
time.
There was a programme on either R4 or R4extra on them- something like
'Catching the Lincolnshire Poacher'. A, slightly, well known SWL was
in in Simon Mason? Perhaps I have the name wrong.
Simon Mason is an SWL, he posts in uk.rec.cycling. I'd xpost but it's
one of the few groups that are worse than this one.
Brian Reay
2018-02-10 18:20:26 UTC
Post by Brian Reay
I've been half expecting Spike to pop up and tell us one of his
stories about his experiences decoding them. Still there is still
time.
There was a programme on either R4 or R4extra on them- something like
'Catching the Lincolnshire Poacher'. A, slightly, well known SWL was
in in Simon Mason? Perhaps I have the name wrong.
Simon Mason is an SWL, he posts in uk.rec.cycling. I'd xpost but it's
one of the few groups that are worse than this one.
The other Ian Jackson is there I think. The one Cummins confused with
our Ian Jackson.

The programme I was thinking of was Tracking the Lincolnshire Poacher
(not Catching). It is on YouTube:

Paul Cummins
1970-01-01 00:00:00 UTC
Post by Brian Reay
The other Ian Jackson is there I think. The one Cummins confused
with our Ian Jackson.
The only person confused is you.

Ian Jackson is not a moderator in ulm.

https://uklegal.weebly.com/
--
Are you an Inadequate Kentish Defective?
Do you need help shuffling off your mortal coil?
Don't delay, call them today - trade in on Smart Car offered.
Brian Reay
Well, that explains the lack of email re getting a licence.
Spike
2018-02-11 09:17:15 UTC
Post by Brian Reay
There was an article on R4 this morning about it. Quite interesting.
I've been half expecting Spike to pop up and tell us one of his stories
about his experiences decoding them.
Still there is still time.
Heavy night at the Lodge, was it?
Post by Brian Reay
There was a programme on either R4 or R4extra on them- something like
'Catching the Lincolnshire Poacher'. A, slightly, well known SWL was in
in  Simon Mason? Perhaps I have the name wrong.
Looks like it. Sleep it off...

"RSGBTech is meant for everyone", or so the RSGB says. The group is
moderated 'to
ensure that the questions are on topic', but the group's own admissions
policy mention
(a pre-) 'vet', 'known', 'trouble', and 'maker', but not the vetting
policy! None of these are
mentioned in the RSGB's Guidelines, which they claim the group should
follow.
Brian Howie
2018-02-10 21:31:28 UTC
Post by Bernie
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/world-42819704/numbers-stations-the-spy-radio-that-anyone-can-hear
This is the one I grew up with.

Sieben, neun, acht, acht, drei, vier. fünf, eins, drei, sieben

Brian
A. non Eyemouse
2018-02-11 00:03:48 UTC
Post by Brian Howie
Post by Bernie
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/world-42819704/numbers-stations-the-spy-radio-that-anyone-can-hear
This is the one I grew up with.
Sieben, neun, acht, acht, drei, vier. fünf, eins, drei, sieben
http://youtu.be/Nne4cMW54xU
Brian
You can also find them online of you search for the Conet Project. I've
also got a recording of Tracking the Lincolnshire Poacher somewhere
(from iplayer) and as I recall it was Simon Mason with a Sony ICF-2001D.
--
Mouse.
Where Morse meets House.
Brian Reay
2018-02-11 06:03:36 UTC
Post by A. non Eyemouse
Post by Brian Howie
Post by Bernie
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/world-42819704/numbers-stations-the-spy-radio-that-anyone-can-hear
This is the one I grew up with.
Sieben, neun, acht, acht, drei, vier. fünf, eins, drei, sieben
http://youtu.be/Nne4cMW54xU
Brian
You can also find them online of you search for the Conet Project. I've
also got a recording of Tracking the Lincolnshire Poacher somewhere
(from iplayer) and as I recall it was Simon Mason with a Sony ICF-2001D.
The programme is on YouTube:

http://youtu.be/Wvr6o7fBcTY

I think Simon may have it on his website- I vaguely recall seeing it in
the past.

I remember another interesting programme which was on R4 or R4ex
somewhere around that time, UnSung Heroes. It told the story of the
radio amateurs who assisted after 9/11.

I can't find it on YouTube.

Give the BBCs habit of 'recycling' material, I'm surprised neither seem
to have been rerun several times.
are depriving those in real need!

https://www.gov.uk/report-benefit-fraud
Custos Custodum
2018-02-11 13:28:51 UTC
On Sat, 10 Feb 2018 17:52:56 +0000, Bernie <***@gmail.com>
wrote:

I hope you got free prawn crackers with an order that size.