Which plugs and sockets?
2018-01-31 22:45:32 UTC
I'm considering a vertical radiator with plug-in base loading
coils.

Which plugs and sockets are recommended, for the standard 4mm
banana plugs seem a little flimsy if the coils are made with,
say, microbore copper tubing?

Something akin to a banana plug but about 0.5" diameter
would seem to be apt

Currently, I have a 2" aluminium pole which is a nominal
1/4 wave for 20m, and a counterpoise of 100' running the
whole length of the garden which I'll tap in the middle.

TIA
Graham.
2018-02-01 00:42:00 UTC
I'm considering a vertical radiator with plug-in base loading
coils.
Which plugs and sockets are recommended, for the standard 4mm
banana plugs seem a little flimsy if the coils are made with,
say, microbore copper tubing?
Something akin to a banana plug but about 0.5" diameter
would seem to be apt
Currently, I have a 2" aluminium pole which is a nominal
1/4 wave for 20m, and a counterpoise of 100' running the
whole length of the garden which I'll tap in the middle.
TIA
You've got the radiator, the tank, the pipe and the tap, you just need
a couple of valves and a Morse taper and it's all cisterns go.
--
Graham.
%Profound_observation%
Catweazel
2018-02-01 10:03:38 UTC
On 01/02/2018 00:42, Graham. wrote:
[snip drivel]
Post by Graham.
You've got the radiator, the tank, the pipe and the tap, you just need
a couple of valves and a Morse taper and it's all cisterns go.
ROTFL !!!
--
---
It's just a flash in the pan.
Gareth's Downstairs Computer
2018-02-01 10:45:12 UTC
Post by Graham.
Post by Gareth's Downstairs Computer
I'm considering a vertical radiator with plug-in base loading
coils.
Which plugs and sockets are recommended, for the standard 4mm
banana plugs seem a little flimsy if the coils are made with,
say, microbore copper tubing?
Something akin to a banana plug but about 0.5" diameter
would seem to be apt
Currently, I have a 2" aluminium pole which is a nominal
1/4 wave for 20m, and a counterpoise of 100' running the
whole length of the garden which I'll tap in the middle.
TIA
You've got the radiator, the tank, the pipe and the tap, you just need
a couple of valves and a Morse taper and it's all cisterns go.
ROTFLBU!

But Morse Taper? Ive got those on the lathe and mill.

Man is born free but is everywhere in chains.

Smash the cistern!
Jeefaw K Effkay
He'll be flushed with success!
Catweazel
2018-02-03 12:10:49 UTC
Post by Jeefaw K Effkay
Post by Graham.
Post by Gareth's Downstairs Computer
I'm considering a vertical radiator with plug-in base loading
coils.
Which plugs and sockets are recommended, for the standard 4mm
banana plugs seem a little flimsy if the coils are made with,
say, microbore copper tubing?
Something akin to a banana plug but about 0.5" diameter
would seem to be apt
Currently, I have a 2" aluminium pole which is a nominal
1/4 wave for 20m, and a counterpoise of 100' running the
whole length of the garden which I'll tap in the middle.
TIA
You've got the radiator, the tank, the pipe and the tap, you just need
a couple of valves and a Morse taper and it's all cisterns go.
He'll be flushed with success!
but will it work with vapour?
--

---