Radio Society of Great Britain - Main Site for Tuesday 8 August 2017
RSGB via rec.radio.info Admin
2017-08-08 07:32:00 UTC
Radio Society of Great Britain - Main Site

ARISS at YOTA2017

http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/RadioSocietyOfGreatBritain-MainSite/~3/bwermToXMcA/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=email

ARISS has arrived on site at Gilwell Park for YOTA2017 and they are setting
up the station for the contact with astronaut Paolo Nespoli, IZ0JPA on the
International Space Station tomorrow at 1838UTC. Dont forget to listen on
145.800MHz for the downlink.

GB17YOTA

http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/RadioSocietyOfGreatBritain-MainSite/~3/1Xbu8aqCuqg/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=email

GB17YOTA has been busy since the first evening with countries competing for
the most QSOs! Have you worked them on the air or seen our live updates
from the shack?

YOTA 2017 is underway!

http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/RadioSocietyOfGreatBritain-MainSite/~3/sg3CDj25Kw4/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=email

Young radio amateurs from around the world have arrived and are enjoying
the start of YOTA 2017 despite their long journeys. Two members of the
German team cycled all the way amazing stuff!
Gareth's Downstairs Computer
2017-08-08 09:33:24 UTC
Post by RSGB via rec.radio.info Admin
Radio Society of Great Britain - Main Site
ARISS at YOTA2017
http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/RadioSocietyOfGreatBritain-MainSite/~3/sg3CDj25Kw4/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=email
Young radio amateurs from around the world have arrived and are enjoying
the start of YOTA 2017 despite their long journeys. Two members of the
German team cycled all the way amazing stuff!
What is wrong with all that is that the emphasis is on age and not
on technical interest or experimentation; the very things that attracted
us when we were young WITHOUT all those unnecessary
coffer-filling shenanigans.

Funbus, anyone?

Also, what was that trivially simple radio magazine that the RSCB
started that died the death?

As Spike said, along the lines of, the youth initiative has failed
therefore we need more youth initiatives.
Brian Reay
2017-08-08 10:49:42 UTC
[...]
Those who go one to achieve, don't let temporary set backs stop them
from trying again. Conversing, under achievers, like those who don't
finish projects (eg your vapourware 'dream receiver' - how long has it
been 40 years +?) are daunted by set backs and constantly whine, blame
others, etc.

I'm not one for using quotes but here you could learn from, although I
doubt you will:

"Success is not final. Failure is not fatal: it is the courage to
continue that counts." (Winstone Churchill)

And:

"At the end of the day, you are solely responsible for your success and
your failure. And the sooner you realize that, you accept that, and
integrate that into your work ethic, you will start being successful. As
long as you blame others for the reason you aren't where you want to be,
you will always be a failure." (Erin Cummings)

Had you found the courage to continue, you wouldn't the whining, under
achieving failure, who blames others for your predicament.
mw/3/
2017-08-08 18:51:54 UTC
On Tue, 8 Aug 2017 10:33:24 +0100, Gareth's Downstairs Computer
Post by Gareth's Downstairs Computer
Post by RSGB via rec.radio.info Admin
ARISS at YOTA2017
GB17YOTA
YOTA 2017 is underway!
As Spike said, along the lines of, the youth initiative has failed
therefore we need more youth initiatives.
I doubt there was any youth-initiatives when Wlat did and passed theory
and Morse before his 14th birthday and actually had to wait until he
turned 14 to get his licence. And Frank 'VKI was 15 when he did his RAE
+ Morse.
Jeefaw K. Effkay
When starting pissing contests, it is customary to do so with one's own cock.
Brian Reay