The non-RSGB RSGBTech, Julyl 2017
2017-08-09 09:23:28 UTC
I see the group has just had its worst July since 2012. With new members
running at some 20 or so in four months - or 1 every six days, it is
hardly a beacon of relentless expansion. Not surprising the RSGB tries
to keep it at arm's length, hardly the thing for the Youth Programme.
Ian Jackson
2017-08-09 10:10:44 UTC
Post by Spike
I see the group has just had its worst July since 2012. With new
members running at some 20 or so in four months - or 1 every six days,
it is hardly a beacon of relentless expansion. Not surprising the RSGB
tries to keep it at arm's length, hardly the thing for the Youth
Programme.
Why do you think it needs new members? It's so popular that I hear they
are turning certain new applicants away! In any case, it seems to be
adequately populated by existing members.
Ian
Spike
2017-08-09 10:31:38 UTC
Post by Ian Jackson
Post by Spike
I see the group has just had its worst July since 2012. With new
members running at some 20 or so in four months - or 1 every six days,
it is hardly a beacon of relentless expansion. Not surprising the RSGB
tries to keep it at arm's length, hardly the thing for the Youth
Programme.
Why do you think it needs new members?
I didn't say it did. Others have bragged about the issue, however.
Post by Ian Jackson
It's so popular that I hear they are turning certain new applicants away!
Aren't they just. Though it does mean someone is telling porkies about
'open to all'.
Post by Ian Jackson
In any case, it seems to be adequately populated by existing members.
Only FSVO 'adequately'.
2017-08-09 10:37:56 UTC
Post by Spike
Post by Ian Jackson
In any case, it seems to be adequately populated by existing members.
Only FSVO 'adequately'.
The model that the moderator presents of a loser in the school
playground who owns the ball and who sulkingly won't let others
play makes me wonder whether he is intellectually challenged in
whichever village he dwells.
Brian Reay
2017-08-09 12:10:01 UTC
Post by Spike
Post by Ian Jackson
In any case, it seems to be adequately populated by existing members.
Only FSVO 'adequately'.
Well, it is certainly more than adequate to get up your nose ;-)

Brian Reay
2017-08-09 12:08:01 UTC
Post by Ian Jackson
Post by Spike
I see the group has just had its worst July since 2012. With new
members running at some 20 or so in four months - or 1 every six days,
it is hardly a beacon of relentless expansion. Not surprising the RSGB
tries to keep it at arm's length, hardly the thing for the Youth
Programme.
Why do you think it needs new members? It's so popular that I hear they
are turning certain new applicants away! In any case, it seems to be
adequately populated by existing members.
RSGBTech is doing just fine. As for the 'worst July since 2012', we had
436 posts in July 2017, hardly a bad month. Plus, Spike often breaches
that numbers don't tell the whole story so remember that is 400+ civil
posts, on topic posts, unbolstered by inputs like those from him and his
ilk whining about irrelevant nonsense etc.

As for 'turning people away' etc, we don't want troublemakers etc. We've
got along fine without them for nearly a decade, there is no reason to
change now, no matter how much the troublemakers scream.

If anything, the screaming of the likes of Spike and Evans confirm that
our policy is not only correct but effective.