As relevant as anything else discussed here?
2018-03-12 08:34:38 UTC
One wonders at the reason behind the refusal to
identify the Salisbury nerve agent.

Is it because an identification is an admission
that it is already being manufactured at Porton Down,
for otherwise to determine a poison's makeup by
X Ray crystallography takes more than a few hours?

Also, the them-and-us division calls into question as
to whether we live in our own democratic country or whether
we live in someone else's dictatorial country.

The most recent visitor from Russia was the daughter
herself, so one aspect that has not been considered
is that it was a suicide pact, unless the poison had
been inserted into her baggage by the Russkies?
Ian Jackson
2018-03-12 09:10:22 UTC
One wonders at the reason behind the refusal to
identify the Salisbury nerve agent.
Is it because an identification is an admission
that it is already being manufactured at Porton Down,
for otherwise to determine a poison's makeup by
X Ray crystallography takes more than a few hours?
Also, the them-and-us division calls into question as
to whether we live in our own democratic country or whether
we live in someone else's dictatorial country.
The most recent visitor from Russia was the daughter
herself, so one aspect that has not been considered
is that it was a suicide pact, unless the poison had
been inserted into her baggage by the Russkies?
Difficult questions - I but you are more likely to get the answers you
want in one of these newsgroups:

alt.conspiracy, alt.conspiracy.abe-lincoln, alt.conspiracy.abiola,
alt.conspiracy.alt-config, alt.conspiracy.alt.conspiracy.jfk,
alt.conspiracy.america-at-war, alt.conspiracy.antichrist,
alt.conspiracy.area-51, alt.conspiracy.area51,
alt.conspiracy.beyondweird, alt.conspiracy.black,
alt.conspiracy.black.helicopters, alt.conspiracy.british-telecom,
alt.conspiracy.cabal, alt.conspiracy.canada,
alt.conspiracy.coventry.morph, alt.conspiracy.dean-stark,
alt.conspiracy.diana, alt.conspiracy.digitalnation,
alt.conspiracy.fbi.karczewski-files, alt.conspiracy.finast,
alt.conspiracy.gte, alt.conspiracy.harry-bloomfield,
alt.conspiracy.hatchetmama.is,
alt.conspiracy.hatchetmama.is.the-lindberg-baby,
alt.conspiracy.ignore-lee-bumgarner,
alt.conspiracy.im-taking.over-the.world.starting.with-alt,
alt.conspiracy.im-taking.over-the.world.starting.with-alt.config,
alt.conspiracy.im-taking.over-the.world.starting.with-aol,
alt.conspiracy.im-taking.over-the.world.starting.with-christmas,
alt.conspiracy.im-taking.over-the.world.starting.with-usenet,
alt.conspiracy.im-taking.over-the.world.starting.with-yalta,
alt.conspiracy.im.taking.over.the.world.starting.with.asstrailia,
alt.conspiracy.im.taking.over.the.world.starting.with.can-uh-duh,
alt.conspiracy.im.taking.over.the.world.starting.with.iraq,
alt.conspiracy.im.taking.over.the.world.starting.with.sunnyvale,
alt.conspiracy.im.taking.over.the.world.starting.with.usenet,
alt.conspiracy.im.taking.over.the.world.starting.with.walter-cronkite,
alt.conspiracy.jeffery-hunt, alt.conspiracy.jfk,
alt.conspiracy.jfk.moderated, alt.conspiracy.john-mcadams,
alt.conspiracy.john-mcadams.eater-of-souls,
alt.conspiracy.john-mcadams.rant, alt.conspiracy.john-mcadams.rant.rant,
alt.conspiracy.john-mcadams.rant.rant.rant, alt.conspiracy.john_mcadams,
alt.conspiracy.john_mcadams.eater-of-souls, alt.conspiracy.kunm,
alt.conspiracy.kynes.deop.deop.deop, alt.conspiracy.lady-di,
alt.conspiracy.lart, alt.conspiracy.mcadams,
alt.conspiracy.mcadams.flame-and-hide,
alt.conspiracy.mcadams.macadamianut, alt.conspiracy.meow-meow,
alt.conspiracy.microsoft, alt.conspiracy.millennium.2000,
alt.conspiracy.mlk, alt.conspiracy.moderated.hypocrisy,
alt.conspiracy.netcom, alt.conspiracy.new-world-order,
alt.conspiracy.nhs, alt.conspiracy.oliver+bobby-tendinitis,
alt.conspiracy.paranoid, alt.conspiracy.paranoid.retards,
alt.conspiracy.president.boomhauer, alt.conspiracy.princess-diana,
alt.conspiracy.retards, alt.conspiracy.rfk, alt.conspiracy.right-wing,
alt.conspiracy.search-engine.bombing.archimedes.plutonium,
alt.conspiracy.snuh, alt.conspiracy.solo, alt.conspiracy.spy,
alt.conspiracy.syndicate, alt.conspiracy.timo-salami,
alt.conspiracy.usenet-cabal,
alt.conspiracy.voltaire.is.really.dave.navarro, alt.conspiracy.waco,
alt.conspiracy.yak, alt.conspiracy.yak.worshippers,
alt.conspiracy.yalta, alt.conspiracy.yeast,
alt.conspiracysoc.culture.latin-america, alt.fan.dean-stark.conspiracy,
alt.guinea.pig.conspiracy, alt.liberty-vs.conspiracy, free.conspiracy,
free.nl.big-brother.conspiracy, pavilion.conspiracy,
sonoma.conspiracy.rohnert-park
Ian
Spike
2018-03-12 09:38:55 UTC
Post by Ian Jackson
Post by Gareth's Downstairs Computer
One wonders at the reason behind the refusal to
identify the Salisbury nerve agent.
Is it because an identification is an admission
that it is already being manufactured at Porton Down,
for otherwise to determine a poison's makeup by
X Ray crystallography takes more than a few hours?
The most recent visitor from Russia was the daughter
herself, so one aspect that has not been considered
is that it was a suicide pact, unless the poison had
been inserted into her baggage by the Russkies?
Difficult questions
An answer to a) might be that PD already has 'on file' samples of the
nerve agent family, but doesn't want to say so publicly.

b) seems very unlikely as a delivery scenario.

"RSGBTech is meant for everyone", or so the RSGB says. The group is
moderated 'to
ensure that the questions are on topic', but the group's own admissions
policy mention
(a pre-) 'vet', 'known', 'trouble', and 'maker', but not the vetting
policy! None of these are
'moderation' issues and none are mentioned in the RSGB's Guidelines.....
Jeff
2018-03-12 12:14:43 UTC
Post by Spike
An answer to a) might be that PD already has 'on file' samples of the
nerve agent family, but doesn't want to say so publicly.
b) seems very unlikely as a delivery scenario.
Particularly as a package delivered to the home seems to be the main
centre of attention.

Jeff
Stephen Thomas Troll
2018-03-12 12:17:01 UTC
Post by Spike
Post by Ian Jackson
One wonders at the reason behind the refusal to identify the Salisbury
nerve agent.
Is it because an identification is an admission that it is already
being manufactured at Porton Down,
for otherwise to determine a poison's makeup by X Ray crystallography
takes more than a few hours?
The most recent visitor from Russia was the daughter herself, so one
aspect that has not been considered is that it was a suicide pact,
unless the poison had been inserted into her baggage by the Russkies?
Difficult questions
An answer to a) might be that PD already has 'on file' samples of the
nerve agent family, but doesn't want to say so publicly.
b) seems very unlikely as a delivery scenario.
Gareth, Oh happy day, Gareth, a reply off Burt, Gareth.

Gareth, a proper red letter day, Gareth, reconciliation on the cards,
Gareth.

Gareth, congratulations, Gareth.
Rambo
1970-01-01 00:00:00 UTC
Post by Spike
Post by Ian Jackson
[...]
Mind you, a spat with the Russians would keep May's Brexit
difficulties out of the limelight.
2018-03-12 19:25:07 UTC
Post by Rambo
Post by Spike
Post by Ian Jackson
[...]
As a country, assuming that you support such divisive to
humanity notions, we don't really have any cause for complaint
when we ourselves are sending death squads, AKA armed farces,
to all corners of the world, Iraq, Afghanistan, etc, etc.
Rambo
2018-03-12 21:13:20 UTC
On Mon, 12 Mar 2018 19:25:07 +0000, Gareth's Downstairs Computer
Post by Rambo
Post by Spike
Post by Ian Jackson
[...]
I wouldn't worry OM, I don't think we'll be invading Russia anytime
soon.
Gareth's Downstairs Computer
2018-03-12 22:46:57 UTC
Post by Rambo
Post by Spike
Post by Ian Jackson
[...]
Reminds me of the old saying, Visit the Soviet Union before the
Soviet Union visits you!
Spike
2018-03-13 09:00:21 UTC
Post by Rambo
Mind you, a spat with the Russians would keep May's Brexit
difficulties out of the limelight.
And it also has the benefit of keeping the appointed (i.e. not elected)
President of the European Commission, one Jean-Claude Juncker, out of
the limelight...;-)

2018-03-12 12:09:46 UTC
Post by Ian Jackson
Post by Gareth's Downstairs Computer
One wonders at the reason behind the refusal to
identify the Salisbury nerve agent.
Is it because an identification is an admission
that it is already being manufactured at Porton Down,
for otherwise to determine a poison's makeup by
X Ray crystallography takes more than a few hours?
Also, the them-and-us division calls into question as
to whether we live in our own democratic country or whether
we live in someone else's dictatorial country.
The most recent visitor from Russia was the daughter
herself, so one aspect that has not been considered
is that it was a suicide pact, unless the poison had
been inserted into her baggage by the Russkies?
Difficult questions - I but you are more likely to get the answers you
Conspiracy is a crime, but I'm discussing the devious behaviour
of those who think that they control the rest of us.
Catweazel
2018-03-12 12:29:13 UTC
Post by Ian Jackson
Post by Gareth's Downstairs Computer
One wonders at the reason behind the refusal to
identify the Salisbury nerve agent.
Is it because an identification is an admission
that it is already being manufactured at Porton Down,
for otherwise to determine a poison's makeup by
X Ray crystallography takes more than a few hours?
Also, the them-and-us division calls into question as
to whether we live in our own democratic country or whether
we live in someone else's dictatorial country.
The most recent visitor from Russia was the daughter
herself, so one aspect that has not been considered
is that it was a suicide pact, unless the poison had
been inserted into her baggage by the Russkies?
Difficult questions - I but you are more likely to get the answers you
[snip list]

ROTFL !
Let's face it, it's *the only story in town* in the UK MSM.
Not even overshadowed by the Chinese president-for-life election.
--

---
A. non Eyemouse
2018-03-12 15:03:14 UTC
Post by Catweazel
ROTFL !
Let's face it, it's *the only story in town* in the UK MSM.
Not even overshadowed by the Chinese president-for-life election.
Interesting time to bury that news. I was listening to CRI[1] yesterday
morning and they referred to a vote to change the Chinese constitution
but carefully avoided saying what the actual changes were!

[1] China Radio International
--
Mouse.
Where Morse meets House.
Bernie
2018-03-12 18:34:51 UTC
On Mon, 12 Mar 2018 08:34:38 +0000
One wonders at the reason behind the refusal to
identify the Salisbury nerve agent.
Is it because an identification is an admission
that it is already being manufactured at Porton Down,
for otherwise to determine a poison's makeup by
X Ray crystallography takes more than a few hours?
May says the Reds did it, Gareth. An unfortunate time to have a home
sec called Boris?
Roger Hayter
2018-03-12 21:22:27 UTC
Post by Bernie
On Mon, 12 Mar 2018 08:34:38 +0000
One wonders at the reason behind the refusal to
identify the Salisbury nerve agent.
Is it because an identification is an admission
that it is already being manufactured at Porton Down,
for otherwise to determine a poison's makeup by
X Ray crystallography takes more than a few hours?
May says the Reds did it, Gareth. An unfortunate time to have a home
sec called Boris?
If it was a known nerve gas then GC/MS (gas chromatography into a mass
spectrometry machine) could identify it in hours if treated with
sufficient urgency. They are not big molecules.
Roger Hayter
Bernie
2018-03-12 23:59:51 UTC
On Mon, 12 Mar 2018 21:22:27 +0000
Post by Roger Hayter
Post by Bernie
On Mon, 12 Mar 2018 08:34:38 +0000
One wonders at the reason behind the refusal to
identify the Salisbury nerve agent.
Is it because an identification is an admission
that it is already being manufactured at Porton Down,
for otherwise to determine a poison's makeup by
X Ray crystallography takes more than a few hours?
May says the Reds did it, Gareth. An unfortunate time to have a home
sec called Boris?
If it was a known nerve gas then GC/MS (gas chromatography into a mass
spectrometry machine) could identify it in hours if treated with
sufficient urgency. They are not big molecules.
I was hoping that someone would retwat that for Burt.

Thanks, Rog.
mm0fmf
2018-03-13 15:38:58 UTC
Post by Roger Hayter
Post by Bernie
On Mon, 12 Mar 2018 08:34:38 +0000
One wonders at the reason behind the refusal to
identify the Salisbury nerve agent.
Is it because an identification is an admission
that it is already being manufactured at Porton Down,
for otherwise to determine a poison's makeup by
X Ray crystallography takes more than a few hours?
May says the Reds did it, Gareth. An unfortunate time to have a home
sec called Boris?
If it was a known nerve gas then GC/MS (gas chromatography into a mass
spectrometry machine) could identify it in hours if treated with
sufficient urgency. They are not big molecules.
I was hoping that someone would retwat that for Burt.
Thanks, Rog.
Burt mentions HPLC.... I used to work for an HPLC company. Let's see how
much he gets from Google and Wikipedia.
Bernie
2018-03-13 21:04:21 UTC
Post by Roger Hayter
Post by Bernie
On Mon, 12 Mar 2018 08:34:38 +0000
One wonders at the reason behind the refusal to
identify the Salisbury nerve agent.
Is it because an identification is an admission
that it is already being manufactured at Porton Down,
for otherwise to determine a poison's makeup by
X Ray crystallography takes more than a few hours?
May says the Reds did it, Gareth. An unfortunate time to have a
home sec called Boris?
If it was a known nerve gas then GC/MS (gas chromatography into a
mass spectrometry machine) could identify it in hours if treated
with sufficient urgency. They are not big molecules.
I was hoping that someone would retwat that for Burt.
Thanks, Rog.
Burt mentions HPLC.... I used to work for an HPLC company. Let's see
how much he gets from Google and Wikipedia.
Burt's soon to depart to be a servant at The Fletcher Memorial home
- same old.
Spike
2018-03-13 09:08:59 UTC
Post by Roger Hayter
If it was a known nerve gas then GC/MS (gas chromatography into a mass
spectrometry machine) could identify it in hours if treated with
sufficient urgency.
HPLC is probably a better method.
Post by Roger Hayter
They are not big molecules.
Pretty much irrelevant as far as HPLC is concerned.

Roger Hayter
2018-03-13 12:08:04 UTC
Post by Spike
Post by Roger Hayter
If it was a known nerve gas then GC/MS (gas chromatography into a mass
spectrometry machine) could identify it in hours if treated with
sufficient urgency.
HPLC is probably a better method.
Possibly so. IANAC. This is an opinion from a manufacturer of GC/MS
systems, so possibly biased!

https://www.agilent.com/cs/library/technicaloverviews/Public/5988-9453EN.pdf
Post by Spike
Post by Roger Hayter
They are not big molecules.
Pretty much irrelevant as far as HPLC is concerned.
My remark was in respect of x-ray crystallography.
Roger Hayter
Spike
2018-03-15 11:21:42 UTC
Post by Roger Hayter
Post by Spike
Post by Roger Hayter
They are not big molecules.
Pretty much irrelevant as far as HPLC is concerned.
My remark was in respect of x-ray crystallography.
When my colleague worked with HPLC in his laboratory, he could identify
stuff down to the picogram level. I believe he did some 'forensic' work
now and then, but he never elaborated. HPLC may have got more sensitive
in the intervening 30 years.

Brian Howie
2018-03-13 11:59:00 UTC
One wonders at the reason behind the refusal to
identify the Salisbury nerve agent.
Is it because an identification is an admission
that it is already being manufactured at Porton Down,
for otherwise to determine a poison's makeup by
X Ray crystallography takes more than a few hours?
I was always a bit nevervous ( so to speak) having lunch in the Porton
Down canteen any time I was visiting.

TBH they should have used a drone, that's what the UK does, and no-one
bats an eyelid.

Brian
Brian
Rambo
2018-03-13 14:43:07 UTC
On Tue, 13 Mar 2018 11:59:00 +0000, Brian Howie
Post by Brian Howie
Post by Gareth's Downstairs Computer
One wonders at the reason behind the refusal to
identify the Salisbury nerve agent.
Is it because an identification is an admission
that it is already being manufactured at Porton Down,
for otherwise to determine a poison's makeup by
X Ray crystallography takes more than a few hours?
I was always a bit nevervous ( so to speak) having lunch in the Porton
Down canteen any time I was visiting.
TBH they should have used a drone, that's what the UK does, and no-one
bats an eyelid.
Brian
Or they would have made it look like natural causes or an "accident".
All rather odd.
Roger Hayter
2018-03-13 17:01:28 UTC
Post by Brian Howie
Post by Gareth's Downstairs Computer
One wonders at the reason behind the refusal to
identify the Salisbury nerve agent.
Is it because an identification is an admission
that it is already being manufactured at Porton Down,
for otherwise to determine a poison's makeup by
X Ray crystallography takes more than a few hours?
I was always a bit nevervous ( so to speak) having lunch in the Porton
Down canteen any time I was visiting.
TBH they should have used a drone, that's what the UK does, and no-one
bats an eyelid.
Brian
Or they would have made it look like natural causes or an "accident".
All rather odd.
I think it is clear that they not only wanted to unecquivocally show who
did it, but to warn others on their "not friends" list that they could
do the same any time they like. Also they clearly wanted to humiliate
the UK. In view of Brexit, the UK is almost as weak in its relations
with Russia as is Finland, and they obviously hope for more influence.
Expect deep, CIA-like, influence on our fascist and other right-wing
parties with a view to increasing dissension in this country and more
Russian influence.
--
Roger Hayter