fekin' keyboard
Jim GM4DHJ ...
2018-06-12 08:45:49 UTC
so how do i permanently change to a uk keyboard on fekin windows 10...tried
advanced settings keyboard and the windoze button and space bar is only
temporary....???????
Ian Jackson
2018-06-12 09:01:20 UTC
Post by Jim GM4DHJ ...
so how do i permanently change to a uk keyboard on fekin windows 10...tried
advanced settings keyboard and the windoze button and space bar is only
temporary....???????
Google is probably one of your very few friends.
http://bit.ly/2JPfLsz
If it's doing it wrong, it's just because it's digital.
Ian
Jim GM4DHJ ...
2018-06-12 11:04:56 UTC
Post by Ian Jackson
Post by Jim GM4DHJ ...
so how do i permanently change to a uk keyboard on fekin windows 10...tried
advanced settings keyboard and the windoze button and space bar is only
temporary....???????
Google is probably one of your very few friends.
http://bit.ly/2JPfLsz
If it's doing it wrong, it's just because it's digital.
friends are over rated ...
--
Rejecting coffee culture...
Rejecting the addiction of the smart 'phone ...
Stuff Alexa
Jim GM4DHJ ...
2018-06-12 11:14:09 UTC
Post by Ian Jackson
Post by Jim GM4DHJ ...
so how do i permanently change to a uk keyboard on fekin windows 10...tried
advanced settings keyboard and the windoze button and space bar is only
temporary....???????
Google is probably one of your very few friends.
http://bit.ly/2JPfLsz
If it's doing it wrong, it's just because it's digital.
beats me why it isn't under keyboard settings but that is computers for
you.....shite
Stuff Alexa
John.
2018-06-13 10:07:17 UTC
On Tue, 12 Jun 2018 12:14:09 +0100, "Jim GM4DHJ ..."
Post by Jim GM4DHJ ...
beats me why it isn't under keyboard settings but that is computers for
you.....shite
I keep reminding people that Windows was and is produced by a bunch of
Californian Acid Heads.

Explains the inherent weirdnesses, to me anyway.

John.
Brian Reay
2018-06-13 11:15:48 UTC
Post by Jim GM4DHJ ...
beats me why it isn't under keyboard settings but that is computers for
you.....shite
I keep reminding people that Windows was and is produced by a bunch of
Californian Acid Heads.
Explains the inherent weirdnesses, to me anyway.
Some years ago, I went on a course for Unix admins. The tutor said much
the same about those who developed Unix, in particular to explain the
names of the various command line utilities. (awk etc.)

I suspect that, in these days of drug testing in US companies, it isn't
as true as it once was. Even in the 80s, drug testing was common place
and not being able to 'pee clean' could cost you your job.

Paul
2018-06-12 09:08:31 UTC
Post by Jim GM4DHJ ...
so how do i permanently change to a uk keyboard on fekin windows 10...tried
advanced settings keyboard and the windoze button and space bar is only
temporary....???????
The solution on Windows 7 was to *delete* the alternative
keyboard definition, so it could never again randomly take over.
My Windows 7 laptop was an English/French keyboard setup,
and it would randomly switch to the French definitions. Removing
French as a language choice, leaving only the English,
prevented it from switching.

There's a setting for a hot key sequence, like shift
and left-alt, which triggers selecting another language
from the language list.

My current Windows 10 install, only has US English as
a language choice, and I haven't experienced any
random changes with that.

If you can find it, see if you have more than one Language
set up in your personalization stuff. I could never
figure out on my Win7 setup, what I was typing that
set it off. I would be in the middle of a sentence
and it would flip.

In the "gear wheel" Settings thing, there is a search
box, and you can type "keyboard" and find likely dialogs.

Paul
Jim GM4DHJ ...
2018-06-12 11:07:16 UTC
think that is it...@@@@ removing the us keyboard did it...thanks ...