Useful Mod for Baofeng UV5R
Jeefaw K. Effkay
2017-06-16 15:56:37 UTC
1/ Peel off the Baofeng label
2/ Affix new label with the words "Midland CT690"

Your radio is now worth three times as much as it was before.

See http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Midland-CT690-Twinband-145-433MHz-handheld-transceiver-YELLOW-finish-NEW-/382117663040?hash=item58f7fcd140:g:hQYAAOSw44BYi0RU for more details.
Graham.
2017-06-16 20:26:59 UTC
On Fri, 16 Jun 2017 08:56:37 -0700 (PDT), "Jeefaw K. Effkay"
Post by Jeefaw K. Effkay
1/ Peel off the Baofeng label
2/ Affix new label with the words "Midland CT690"
Your radio is now worth three times as much as it was before.
See http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Midland-CT690-Twinband-145-433MHz-handheld-transceiver-YELLOW-finish-NEW-/382117663040?hash=item58f7fcd140:g:hQYAAOSw44BYi0RU for more details.
http://www.nevadaradio.co.uk

Nice to see some retro gear on the site, or is this a joke?

http://www.nevadaradio.co.uk/amateur-radio/transceivers/handheld-transceivers/alinco-tx-mod
--
Graham.
%Profound_observation%
Jim GM4DHJ ...
2017-06-17 05:33:36 UTC
yes it was a joke...brian never let them live it down .....
Brian Reay
2017-06-17 10:11:18 UTC
Post by Graham.
http://www.nevadaradio.co.uk
Nice to see some retro gear on the site, or is this a joke?
http://www.nevadaradio.co.uk/amateur-radio/transceivers/handheld-transceivers/alinco-tx-mod
yes it was a joke...brian never let them live it down .....
I suspect it is 'misfiled' - the photo is a bit of 'licence', they price
probably relates to extending the coverage of HF radios to cover 5MHz.
It is misfiled as it is in the handheld section- few (if any) handhelds
are HF tx/rx.
Brian Reay
2017-06-17 10:20:06 UTC
Post by Jeefaw K. Effkay
1/ Peel off the Baofeng label
2/ Affix new label with the words "Midland CT690"
Your radio is now worth three times as much as it was before.
See http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Midland-CT690-Twinband-145-433MHz-handheld-transceiver-YELLOW-finish-NEW-/382117663040?hash=item58f7fcd140:g:hQYAAOSw44BYi0RU for more details.
Probably the 'tasteful' yellow colour that you are paying for ;-)

You can, of course, get a Baofeng in camo colours, just the thing for
those who like to relive WW2 from their bungalow in Torquay.

XYL recently bought a new 'phone, the choice in colours was bewildering.
Do people really have pink phones? Then I did see a yellow Morgan this
morning so obviously some people have no sense of style.
Jim GM4DHJ ...
I nearly bought a yellow van van couple of days ago ......
Brian Reay
Which confirms my point.
Jim GM4DHJ ...
2017-06-17 15:43:22 UTC
Post by Brian Reay
Post by Jim GM4DHJ ...
Post by Brian Reay
Post by Jeefaw K. Effkay
1/ Peel off the Baofeng label
2/ Affix new label with the words "Midland CT690"
Your radio is now worth three times as much as it was before.
See
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Midland-CT690-Twinband-145-433MHz-handheld-transceiver-YELLOW-finish-NEW-/382117663040?hash=item58f7fcd140:g:hQYAAOSw44BYi0RU
for more details.
Probably the 'tasteful' yellow colour that you are paying for ;-)
You can, of course, get a Baofeng in camo colours, just the thing for
those who like to relive WW2 from their bungalow in Torquay.
XYL recently bought a new 'phone, the choice in colours was bewildering.
Do people really have pink phones? Then I did see a yellow Morgan this
morning so obviously some people have no sense of style.
I nearly bought a yellow van van couple of days ago ......
Which confirms my point.
no ....very good ...you then have some chance of a wummin driver noticing
you while she it puting on here make up ........
Jim GM4DHJ ...
2017-06-17 15:56:10 UTC
Post by Brian Reay
Post by Jim GM4DHJ ...
Post by Brian Reay
Post by Jeefaw K. Effkay
[...]
then again that sort of thing helps the donor numbers .......I always found
it strange that organs get delivered on motorbikes ....
Jim GM4DHJ ...
2017-06-17 15:46:04 UTC
Post by Brian Reay
Post by Jim GM4DHJ ...
Post by Brian Reay
Post by Jeefaw K. Effkay
1/ Peel off the Baofeng label
2/ Affix new label with the words "Midland CT690"
Your radio is now worth three times as much as it was before.
See
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Midland-CT690-Twinband-145-433MHz-handheld-transceiver-YELLOW-finish-NEW-/382117663040?hash=item58f7fcd140:g:hQYAAOSw44BYi0RU
for more details.
Probably the 'tasteful' yellow colour that you are paying for ;-)
You can, of course, get a Baofeng in camo colours, just the thing for
those who like to relive WW2 from their bungalow in Torquay.
XYL recently bought a new 'phone, the choice in colours was bewildering.
Do people really have pink phones? Then I did see a yellow Morgan this
morning so obviously some people have no sense of style.
I nearly bought a yellow van van couple of days ago ......
Which confirms my point.
we don't all buy things to "make a statement" ... safety comes into it for
us
Ian Jackson
2017-06-17 15:43:10 UTC
Post by Brian Reay
Post by Jeefaw K. Effkay
1/ Peel off the Baofeng label
2/ Affix new label with the words "Midland CT690"
Your radio is now worth three times as much as it was before.
See
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Midland-CT690-Twinband-145-433MHz-handheld-t
ransceiver-YELLOW-finish-NEW-/382117663040?hash=item58f7fcd140:g:hQYAA
OSw44BYi0RU
for more details.
Probably the 'tasteful' yellow colour that you are paying for ;-)
You can, of course, get a Baofeng in camo colours, just the thing for
those who like to relive WW2 from their bungalow in Torquay.
XYL recently bought a new 'phone, the choice in colours was bewildering.
Do people really have pink phones? Then I did see a yellow Morgan this
morning so obviously some people have no sense of style.
I nearly bought a yellow van van couple of days ago ......
The only new car I've ever bought was Kashmir Yellow (yellow being
supposedly the 'safest' colour because if its high visibility). Big
mistake. The paint surface kept turning to white powder, and you could
rub it off with a finger. Second big mistake. It was a Vauxhall Chevette
(although it would have been a nice car if only it hadn't so many other
faults). Fortunately, it got written off after a works colleague and
fellow radio amateur rammed me hard up the rear end.

I take it you didn't fall foul of the bus lanes?
Ian
Jim GM4DHJ ...
2017-06-17 15:53:11 UTC
Post by Ian Jackson
Post by Jim GM4DHJ ...
Post by Brian Reay
Post by Jeefaw K. Effkay
[...]
no I stayed in Maryport because the bloke phoned to say he had an offer of
£1600 cash from a local so I just told him to sell it to them as we hadn't
agreed a price yet..having said that his advert is still there so he may yet
contact me again .......2008 and 720 miles a very good buy....

https://www.gumtree.com/p/suzuki-motorbikes/suzuki-van-van-720-miles-/1247028866
Guy G4DWV 4X1LT
2017-06-18 07:58:32 UTC
On Sat, 17 Jun 2017 16:53:11 +0100, just as I was about to take a
Post by Jim GM4DHJ ...
2008 and 720 miles a very good buy....
With that low a mileage, the engine could be in very poor condition,
much more so than if it would have several 10s thousand miles.
73 de Guy G4DWV/4X1LT
Jim GM4DHJ ...
2017-06-19 06:41:33 UTC
Post by Jim GM4DHJ ...
2008 and 720 miles a very good buy....
With that low a mileage, the engine could be in very poor condition,
much more so than if it would have several 10s thousand miles.
possibly but the guy seems to be a bike man so I'm sure he took precautions

mm0fmf
2017-06-17 18:09:47 UTC
Post by Ian Jackson
radio amateur rammed me hard up the rear end
<cole>
Jim or Gareth?
</cole>
Stephen Thomas Troll
Gareth's got form for reverse ramming.
Stephen Thomas Cole
2017-06-18 12:26:25 UTC
Post by mm0fmf
Post by Ian Jackson
radio amateur rammed me hard up the rear end
<cole>
Jim or Gareth?
</cole>
Jim's a catcher, not a pitcher. #PinkSock
--
STC / M0TEY /
http://twitter.com/ukradioamateur
Gareth's Downstairs Computer
2017-06-17 20:11:35 UTC
... fellow radio amateur rammed me hard up the rear end.
Cue infantile attention seeking crudity from CB0TEY?
Stephen Thomas Troll
2017-06-17 20:17:24 UTC
... fellow radio amateur rammed me hard up the rear end.
Cue infantile attention seeking crudity from CB0TEY?
It's already attracted your infantile attention, Gareth; how much
infantile attention does one line of text deserve?
Jim GM4DHJ ...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2006-Ford-Mustang-GT-Screaming-Yellow-Manual-transmission-4-6l-V8-LHD/182620350630?_trksid=p2047675.c100005.m1851&_trkparms=aid%3D222007%26algo%3DSIM.MBE%26ao%3D2%26asc%3D43782%26meid%3D92eddfb30cf04a739d543df75b30066b%26pid%3D100005%26rk%3D6%26rkt%3D6%26sd%3D152589256721
Jim GM4DHJ ...
"lost interest"....sounds like an FL to me .....
Brian Howie
2017-06-17 19:03:38 UTC
Post by Brian Reay
Post by Jeefaw K. Effkay
1/ Peel off the Baofeng label
2/ Affix new label with the words "Midland CT690"
Your radio is now worth three times as much as it was before.
See
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Midland-CT690-Twinband-145-433MHz-handheld-tr
ansceiver-YELLOW-finish-NEW-/382117663040?hash=item58f7fcd140:g:hQYAAOS
w44BYi0RU for more details.
Probably the 'tasteful' yellow colour that you are paying for ;-)
You can, of course, get a Baofeng in camo colours, just the thing for
those who like to relive WW2 from their bungalow in Torquay.
XYL recently bought a new 'phone, the choice in colours was
bewildering. Do people really have pink phones? Then I did see a
yellow Morgan this morning so obviously some people have no sense of
style.
A friend of mine in Glasgow had a yellow frog-eyed Sprite

Similar to :-

<http://media.fastestlaps.com/lijg7vuno0mc>

Brian
--