well sort after...
2017-06-04 17:07:08 UTC
just brought home a 1948 well sort after Philips bakerlight radio with magic
eye....managed to get the white paint spots off it with my bottle of gel
nail polish remover and gave it a clean with war department number
forty.....but it is still dull dull dull....what should I us to give it a
shine? ..

like this one.....

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VINTAGE-VALVE-RADIO-BY-PHILIPS-LARGE-BAKELITE-/182588802110
Bernie
http://bfy.tw/CB37
Jim GM4DHJ ...
Brasso then...what about T-CUT? got lots of that ....
Bernie
2017-06-04 19:02:49 UTC
On Sun, 4 Jun 2017 19:56:42 +0100
Post by Jim GM4DHJ ...
Should be OK - try a bit on the back.
Jim GM4DHJ ...
2017-06-04 19:01:25 UTC
Post by Bernie
On Sun, 4 Jun 2017 19:56:42 +0100
Post by Jim GM4DHJ ...
Will do..wait it's not got a back...
Bernie
2017-06-04 19:11:13 UTC
On Sun, 4 Jun 2017 20:01:25 +0100
Post by Jim GM4DHJ ...
Post by Bernie
On Sun, 4 Jun 2017 19:56:42 +0100
Post by Jim GM4DHJ ...
Then somewhere not too obvious if it all goes a bit titsup.
Jim GM4DHJ ...
2017-06-05 07:23:17 UTC
Post by Bernie
On Sun, 4 Jun 2017 20:01:25 +0100
Post by Jim GM4DHJ ...
Post by Bernie
On Sun, 4 Jun 2017 19:56:42 +0100
Post by Jim GM4DHJ ...
if the nail polish remover didn't damage it nothing will .....
Ian Jackson
2017-06-05 08:09:34 UTC
Post by Bernie
On Sun, 4 Jun 2017 20:01:25 +0100
Post by Jim GM4DHJ ...
Post by Bernie
On Sun, 4 Jun 2017 19:56:42 +0100
Post by Jim GM4DHJ ...
Post by Bernie
Post by Jim GM4DHJ ...
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VINTAGE-VALVE-RADIO-BY-PHILIPS-LARGE-BAKELITE-/182588802110
http://bfy.tw/CB37
Brasso then...what about T-CUT? got lots of that ....
Should be OK - try a bit on the back.
Will do..wait it's not got a back...
Then somewhere not too obvious if it all goes a bit titsup.
if the nail polish remover didn't damage it nothing will .....
You need to have a look at one of the antique radio and TV restoration
NGs or forums - or, of course, Google around.

I used to subscribe to one NG that carried binaries (photos etc for
those who don't understand digital!), but stopped when my ISP (Demon)
'enhanced their customer experience' by pulling the plug on their
binary-carrying news server. Web forums are probably a better bet these
days.
Ian
Jim GM4DHJ ...
2017-06-05 08:45:59 UTC
Post by Bernie
On Sun, 4 Jun 2017 20:01:25 +0100
Post by Jim GM4DHJ ...
Post by Bernie
On Sun, 4 Jun 2017 19:56:42 +0100
Post by Jim GM4DHJ ...
Post by Bernie
Post by Jim GM4DHJ ...
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VINTAGE-VALVE-RADIO-BY-PHILIPS-LARGE-BAKELITE-/182588802110
http://bfy.tw/CB37
Brasso then...what about T-CUT? got lots of that ....
Should be OK - try a bit on the back.
Will do..wait it's not got a back...
Then somewhere not too obvious if it all goes a bit titsup.
if the nail polish remover didn't damage it nothing will .....
You need to have a look at one of the antique radio and TV restoration NGs
or forums - or, of course, Google around.
I used to subscribe to one NG that carried binaries (photos etc for those
who don't understand digital!),
I knew that.....the only place for porno in the early naughties when on dial
up ...tee hee
but stopped when my ISP (Demon) 'enhanced their customer experience' by
pulling the plug on their binary-carrying news server.
same with eternal september .... no binaries.....
Web forums are probably a better bet these days.
don't like the format of any web forums....
Ian Jackson
2017-06-05 10:06:45 UTC
Post by Bernie
On Sun, 4 Jun 2017 20:01:25 +0100
Post by Jim GM4DHJ ...
Post by Bernie
On Sun, 4 Jun 2017 19:56:42 +0100
Post by Jim GM4DHJ ...
Post by Bernie
Post by Jim GM4DHJ ...
[...]
At one time, there were quite a few binary-carrying news servers - but
eventually they got invaded by spammers and sporgers attaching
ridiculously large multi-part files (usually movies and music).

There are still a few pay-for binary news servers available - but with
the ready availability of web places where you can place large files
which others can access. they are now pretty few and far between.

[Actually, while ES is supposed to be non-binary server, IIRC you can
actually slip the occasional attachment past them, provided it is less
than around 70kB.]
Ian
Jim GM4DHJ ...
2017-06-05 11:51:53 UTC
Post by Ian Jackson
Post by Bernie
On Sun, 4 Jun 2017 20:01:25 +0100
Post by Jim GM4DHJ ...
Post by Bernie
On Sun, 4 Jun 2017 19:56:42 +0100
Post by Jim GM4DHJ ...
Post by Bernie
Post by Jim GM4DHJ ...
[...]
child porno used to be rife on them but then again you could buy it in
magazine form over the counter in dirty book shops in Glasgow in the mid