Radio Society of Great Britain - Main Site for Thursday 3 August 2017
RSGB via rec.radio.info Admin
2017-08-03 07:38:48 UTC
Radio Society of Great Britain - Main Site

Press release for club use

http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/RadioSocietyOfGreatBritain-MainSite/~3/efSGs3lmOJA/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=email

A press release has been added to the YOTA pages for clubs and regional
teams to use to promote their YOTA events to local press. Please see the
guidance on the page before using it. YOTA 2017 is a great opportunity to
publicise amateur radio in your area so do please use it!

Lauren, M6HLR - Wainwrights success

http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/RadioSocietyOfGreatBritain-MainSite/~3/ofO2GrstCFw/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=email

Congratulations to Lauren, M6HLR who completed the Wainwrights on the Air
challenge yesterday she has climbed all 214 Wainwrights and been portable
on amateur radio from each one. At just 12 years old she is the youngest
person to complete the challenge. BBC Look North caught up with her on
Monday after her 213th []
Gareth's Downstairs Computer
2017-08-03 11:55:49 UTC
Post by RSGB via rec.radio.info Admin
Congratulations to Lauren, M6HLR who completed the Wainwrights on the
Air challenge yesterday she has climbed all 214 Wainwrights and been
portable on amateur radio from each one. At just 12 years old she is the
youngest person to complete the challenge. BBC Look North caught up with
her on Monday after her 213th []
But how would that be different in essence from the million other
young people with sporting outdoor interests who climbed the same
peaks and then sent an email with photo attached for proof on their
smartphones?

Not really anything to do with amateur radio
highlandham
2017-08-03 16:51:42 UTC
Post by RSGB via rec.radio.info Admin
Congratulations to Lauren, M6HLR who completed the Wainwrights on the
Air challenge yesterday she has climbed all 214 Wainwrights and been
portable on amateur radio from each one. At just 12 years old she is
the youngest person to complete the challenge. BBC Look North caught
up with her on Monday after her 213th []
But how would that be different in essence from the million other
young people with sporting outdoor interests who climbed the same
peaks and then sent an email with photo attached for proof on their
smartphones?
Not really anything to do with amateur radio
Nothing to do with Amateur Radio ? Come-on Gareth . Pedestrian AR or
operating from a pedal bike ,obviously with low power, is excellent and
very stimulating for those enjoying the outdoors + our common hobby . It
also increases operating skills, possibly with simple (home-brewed)
equipment .
Rather than being stationary, sitting in a comfy chair like most of us
(old farts) these young ,and perhaps also not that young radio amateurs
combine 2 activities possibly resulting in a long active life in good
health .

Let's keep positive

Frank , GM0CSZ
Jerry Stuckle
2017-08-03 17:13:11 UTC
Post by highlandham
Post by Gareth's Downstairs Computer
[...]
Gareth is just jealous because a 12-year-old can do something he can't.
--
==================
Remove the "x" from my email address
==================
Gareth's Downstairs Computer
2017-08-03 19:44:47 UTC
Grow up, Stuckle
Jerry Stuckle
2017-08-04 02:26:32 UTC
Post by Jerry Stuckle
Gareth is just jealous because a 12-year-old can do something he can't.
Grow up, Stuckle
I rest my case.
--
==================
==================
Gareth's Upstairs Computer
I am pleased that you retreat in the face of maturity.
Jerry Stuckle
2017-08-04 19:54:31 UTC
Post by Jerry Stuckle
Gareth is just jealous because a 12-year-old can do something he can't.
Grow up, Stuckle
I rest my case.
I am pleased that you retreat in the face of maturity.
You just don't get it, do you, Gareth. I don't need to say anything
more. You've said enough all by yourself - as usual.
--
==================
==================
Gareth's Downstairs Computer
2017-08-04 20:12:30 UTC
Post by Jerry Stuckle
Gareth is just jealous because a 12-year-old can do something he can't.
Grow up, Stuckle
I rest my case.
I am pleased that you retreat in the face of maturity.
You just don't get it, do you, Gareth. I don't need to say anything
more. You've said enough all by yourself - as usual.
I do get that you behave as does a 5-year-old, determined to
spout your abuse despite valid criticism.

Why behave in such an aggressive fashion; you don't need
to follow the example of M3OSN, you know!
Jerry Stuckle
2017-08-04 20:23:55 UTC
Post by Jerry Stuckle
Gareth is just jealous because a 12-year-old can do something he can't.
Grow up, Stuckle
I rest my case.
I am pleased that you retreat in the face of maturity.
You just don't get it, do you, Gareth. I don't need to say anything
more. You've said enough all by yourself - as usual.
I do get that you behave as does a 5-year-old, determined to
spout your abuse despite valid criticism.
Why behave in such an aggressive fashion; you don't need
to follow the example of M3OSN, you know!
ROFLMAO! Talk about the pot calling the kettle black!

But you're wrong about one thing - the truth isn't abuse.

And what have YOU done to advance amateur radio in the U.K.? The RSGB
does more positive things in one minute than you have done in your whole
life.

Here's an idea. Why don't you create your own national organization to
compete with the RSGB? Maybe you can even get three members (as long as
membership is free, anyway).
--
==================
==================
Gareth's Downstairs Computer
2017-08-04 21:23:06 UTC
Post by Jerry Stuckle
[...]
It is unclear from the above as to whether you are arguing for,
or against, the motion that you present as an abusive disruptive 5-year-old.

Grow up, Sonny!
Stephen Thomas Troll
2017-08-04 21:37:21 UTC
Post by Jerry Stuckle
[...]
Gareth, that may be true, Gareth, but I think it is clear, Gareth that he
is arguing, Gareth that you're a big mouthed, self-important halfwit,
Gareth.
Post by Gareth's Downstairs Computer
Grow up, Sonny!
Cura te ipsum, Gareth.

Thanks, Gareth.
Brian Reay
2017-08-04 22:00:22 UTC
Post by Jerry Stuckle
[...]
What I find even more amusing is how Roger and Rambo et al try to
pretend Evans' behaviour is somehow acceptable and he is entirely
innocent. After all, those of us who have seen Evans in action for near
on 2 decades now have long since stopped thinking his behaviour is going
to change.
highlandham
2017-08-05 10:35:06 UTC
Post by Jerry Stuckle
Gareth is just jealous because a 12-year-old can do something he can't.
Grow up, Stuckle
I rest my case.
I am pleased that you retreat in the face of maturity.
You just don't get it, do you, Gareth. I don't need to say anything
more. You've said enough all by yourself - as usual.
Jerry , we should just ignore Gareth ,admitting I have responded to
his amateur radio related topics/diatribe myself.
He seems to be holed-up in his own mind and possibly has limited
eye-to-contact discussions with others .
Let's just forget his postings.

Frank , GM0CSZ / KN6WH
Gareth's Downstairs Computer
2017-08-05 10:45:26 UTC
Post by highlandham
Jerry , we should just ignore Gareth ,admitting I have responded to
his amateur radio related topics/diatribe myself.
He seems to be holed-up in his own mind and possibly has limited
eye-to-contact discussions with others .
Let's just forget his postings.
Another resorting to false and malicious abuse in the manner
of a 5-year-old, and seemingly incapable of carrying on a
discussion with those holding a different point of view?

What is it with a number of contributors to this international
forum for amateur radio, that they cannot resist their infantile
urges to be abusive, rather than maintaining a civilised and
decent approach to debate or converstaion?

A pox on them all!
Bernie
2017-08-05 10:50:28 UTC
On Sat, 5 Aug 2017 11:45:26 +0100
What is it with a number of contributors to this international
forum for amateur radio, that they cannot resist their infantile
urges to be abusive, rather than maintaining a civilised and
decent approach to debate or converstaion?
They are goaded into it, Gareth. They just can't resist throwing stones
at a prancing fool.
Lucifer Morningstar
2017-08-05 23:15:33 UTC
On Sat, 5 Aug 2017 11:45:26 +0100, Gareth's Downstairs Computer
Post by highlandham
Jerry , we should just ignore Gareth ,admitting I have responded to
his amateur radio related topics/diatribe myself.
He seems to be holed-up in his own mind and possibly has limited
eye-to-contact discussions with others .
Let's just forget his postings.
Another resorting to false and malicious abuse in the manner
of a 5-year-old, and seemingly incapable of carrying on a
discussion with those holding a different point of view?
What is it with a number of contributors to this international
forum for amateur radio, that they cannot resist their infantile
urges to be abusive, rather than maintaining a civilised and
decent approach to debate or converstaion?
A pox on them all!
It seems any type of public forum attracts the loons.
Be it amateur radio, CB radio, Facebook, or Usenet.
Jerry Stuckle
2017-08-05 15:12:46 UTC
Post by Jerry Stuckle
Gareth is just jealous because a 12-year-old can do something he can't.
Grow up, Stuckle
I rest my case.
I am pleased that you retreat in the face of maturity.
You just don't get it, do you, Gareth. I don't need to say anything
more. You've said enough all by yourself - as usual.
Jerry , we should just ignore Gareth ,admitting I have responded to
his amateur radio related topics/diatribe myself.
He seems to be holed-up in his own mind and possibly has limited
eye-to-contact discussions with others .
Let's just forget his postings.
Frank , GM0CSZ / KN6WH
That's true to a point, Frank. What I care about is someone new to the
newsgroup thinking Gareth has anything worthwhile to say. Of course, it
doesn't take long to find out otherwise, but in the meantime damage can
be done.

I notice he never did say why he doesn't start his own organization to
replace the RSGB.
--
==================
==================
mm0fmf
2017-08-05 15:21:39 UTC
Post by Jerry Stuckle
I notice he never did say why he doesn't start his own organization to
replace the RSGB.
That's easy to explain Jerry. He bought a book on "How to start up and
run an organisation" second hand. Sadly the pages on how to tune up the
final section of the organisation were missing and so he wasn't able to
procede.
Jerry Stuckle
2017-08-06 03:01:29 UTC
Post by mm0fmf
Post by Jerry Stuckle
I notice he never did say why he doesn't start his own organization to
replace the RSGB.
That's easy to explain Jerry. He bought a book on "How to start up and
run an organisation" second hand. Sadly the pages on how to tune up the
final section of the organisation were missing and so he wasn't able to
procede.
ROFLMAO! The truth is always the funniest. :)
--
==================
==================
Gareth's Downstairs Computer
2017-08-05 16:32:51 UTC
Post by Jerry Stuckle
That's true to a point, Frank. What I care about is someone new to the
newsgroup thinking Gareth has anything worthwhile to say. Of course, it
doesn't take long to find out otherwise, but in the meantime damage can
be done.
More abuse; have you nothing positive and relevant to offer the NG?
Straw man.
Jerry Stuckle
2017-08-06 03:02:16 UTC
Post by Jerry Stuckle
I notice he never did say why he doesn't start his own organization to
replace the RSGB.
Straw man.
Still refuse to answer, huh Gareth? I guess it's because you couldn't
even get your dog to join.
--
==================
==================
Gareth's Downstairs Computer
2017-08-06 09:29:23 UTC
Post by Jerry Stuckle
I notice he never did say why he doesn't start his own organization to
replace the RSGB.
Straw man.
Still refuse to answer, huh Gareth? I guess it's because you couldn't
even get your dog to join.
More infantile remarks from you? Are you incapable
of taking part in an international discussion in the
manner of a grown up?
Jerry Stuckle
2017-08-06 13:14:08 UTC
Post by Jerry Stuckle
I notice he never did say why he doesn't start his own organization to
replace the RSGB.
Straw man.
Still refuse to answer, huh Gareth? I guess it's because you couldn't
even get your dog to join.
More infantile remarks from you? Are you incapable
of taking part in an international discussion in the
manner of a grown up?
Much more than you are, Gareth!

How about an answer to my question? Or is it too hard for you?
--
==================
==================
Gareth's Downstairs Computer
2017-08-06 13:41:30 UTC
Post by Jerry Stuckle
I notice he never did say why he doesn't start his own organization to
replace the RSGB.
Straw man.
Still refuse to answer, huh Gareth? I guess it's because you couldn't
even get your dog to join.
More infantile remarks from you? Are you incapable
of taking part in an international discussion in the
manner of a grown up?
Much more than you are, Gareth!
How about an answer to my question? Or is it too hard for you?
I'll leave you now in your blurtings out at passers-by from
behind the safety and security of the kindergarten's playground
fence.

Grow up, child.
Jerry Stuckle
2017-08-06 13:57:58 UTC
Post by Jerry Stuckle
I notice he never did say why he doesn't start his own
organization to
replace the RSGB.
Straw man.
Still refuse to answer, huh Gareth? I guess it's because you couldn't
even get your dog to join.
More infantile remarks from you? Are you incapable
of taking part in an international discussion in the
manner of a grown up?
Much more than you are, Gareth!
How about an answer to my question? Or is it too hard for you?
I'll leave you now in your blurtings out at passers-by from
behind the safety and security of the kindergarten's playground
fence.
Grow up, child.
How about answering my question, Gareth?

You seem to be very familiar with kindergartens and their playground fences.
--
==================
==================
Gareth's Downstairs Computer
2017-08-03 19:44:04 UTC
Post by highlandham
[...]
I am positive that it's the mistaken approach of forcing children
into amateur radio, something that they will drop when they seek
to distance themselves from childish pursuits as they mature.
Rambo
2017-08-03 21:24:33 UTC
On Thu, 3 Aug 2017 12:55:49 +0100, Gareth's Downstairs Computer
Post by Gareth's Downstairs Computer
Post by RSGB via rec.radio.info Admin
Congratulations to Lauren, M6HLR who completed the Wainwrights on the
Air challenge yesterday she has climbed all 214 Wainwrights and been
portable on amateur radio from each one. At just 12 years old she is the
youngest person to complete the challenge. BBC Look North caught up with
her on Monday after her 213th []
But how would that be different in essence from the million other
young people with sporting outdoor interests who climbed the same
peaks and then sent an email with photo attached for proof on their
smartphones?
Not really anything to do with amateur radio
Got to differ here OM, any one who carts a Radio Station up a mountain
and used it is a proper Radio Amateur...regardless.
Gareth's Downstairs Computer
But a smartphone is a radio station.
Jeefaw K. Effkay
2017-08-04 09:42:03 UTC
Post by Rambo
Got to differ here OM, any one who carts a Radio Station up a mountain
and used it is a proper Radio Amateur...regardless.
Have you considered joining WAB, Rambo?
http://wab.intermip.net/default.php
Ian Jackson
2017-08-04 10:48:21 UTC
Post by Jeefaw K. Effkay
Post by Rambo
Got to differ here OM, any one who carts a Radio Station up a mountain
and used it is a proper Radio Amateur...regardless.
Have you considered joining WAB, Rambo?
http://wab.intermip.net/default.php
It all looks terribly complicated.
Ian
Brian Howie
2017-08-04 13:59:46 UTC
Post by Ian Jackson
Post by Jeefaw K. Effkay
Post by Rambo
Got to differ here OM, any one who carts a Radio Station up a mountain
and used it is a proper Radio Amateur...regardless.
Have you considered joining WAB, Rambo?
http://wab.intermip.net/default.php
It all looks terribly complicated.
How about a Dx-pedition to OV00 . It makes Scarborough Reef look like a
Sunday School outing.

Http://www.geograph.org.uk/article/In-Search-of-OV0000.

I'm about 130m from the NT17/NT27 border so I could easily mount an
expedition to the relatively rare NT17

Brian GM4DIJ
Brian Howie
Jeefaw K. Effkay
2017-08-04 14:18:35 UTC
A bit like ANxxx or JO03xx then?
A. non Eyemouse
2017-08-04 15:01:47 UTC
Post by Jeefaw K. Effkay
Post by Brian Howie
How about a Dx-pedition to OV00 . It makes Scarborough Reef look like a
Sunday School outing.
Http://www.geograph.org.uk/article/In-Search-of-OV0000.
A bit like ANxxx or JO03xx then?
Mablethorpe is easy. Spurn Point is a bit more challenging.
--
Mouse.
Where Morse meets House.
Gareth's Downstairs Computer
2017-08-04 15:20:30 UTC
Post by A. non Eyemouse
Post by Jeefaw K. Effkay
Post by Brian Howie
How about a Dx-pedition to OV00 . It makes Scarborough Reef look like a
Sunday School outing.
Http://www.geograph.org.uk/article/In-Search-of-OV0000.
A bit like ANxxx or JO03xx then?
Mablethorpe is easy. Spurn Point is a bit more challenging.
Mablethorpe made famous by Viz?

Spurn recently became an island?
Brian Reay
Cut off following a storm, a bit like you and the Chippenham Club ;-)
Jeefaw K. Effkay
2017-08-04 16:59:43 UTC
Spurn recently became an island?
Hell hath no fury like a Beanie Spurned.
Brian Howie
2017-08-04 16:31:52 UTC
Post by Jeefaw K. Effkay
Post by Brian Howie
How about a Dx-pedition to OV00 . It makes Scarborough Reef look like a
Sunday School outing.
Http://www.geograph.org.uk/article/In-Search-of-OV0000.
A bit like ANxxx or JO03xx then?
And ZR aka IO97

AK11a sticks in my memory for some reason.

Brian GM4DIJ
Brian Howie
Jeefaw K. Effkay
AN61F for me. I have no idea what that is in new money.
Brian Howie
2017-08-04 18:05:38 UTC
Post by Jeefaw K. Effkay
Post by Brian Howie
Post by Jeefaw K. Effkay
Post by Brian Howie
How about a Dx-pedition to OV00 . It makes Scarborough Reef look like a
Sunday School outing.
Http://www.geograph.org.uk/article/In-Search-of-OV0000.
A bit like ANxxx or JO03xx then?
And ZR aka IO97
AK11a sticks in my memory for some reason.
AN61F for me. I have no idea what that is in new money.
AK11a is JO00BU ie Firle Beacon

http://www.sota.org.uk/Summit/G/SE-010

A popular portable/contest spot

AN61f is JO03AD another familiar one. G4SIV/P amongst others.

Brian
Brian Howie
Brian Reay
2017-08-04 14:37:48 UTC
Post by Brian Howie
Post by Ian Jackson
Post by Jeefaw K. Effkay
Post by Rambo
Got to differ here OM, any one who carts a Radio Station up a mountain
and used it is a proper Radio Amateur...regardless.
Have you considered joining WAB, Rambo?
http://wab.intermip.net/default.php
It all looks terribly complicated.
How about a Dx-pedition to OV00 . It makes Scarborough Reef look like a
Sunday School outing.
Http://www.geograph.org.uk/article/In-Search-of-OV0000.
Reading that page certainly does make it sound rather 'daunting' ;-)

Come to thing of it, even the designation OV00 has a certain
'disturbing' ring to it. Then, I've always thought Yorkshire said
Yorkshire was the 'uncivilised place' south of the North, even worse
than Sunderland.

Seriously, I suspect, having 'got there', I bet it is rather beautiful,
in a rugged way. I like remote and unspoilt coastal places. Fishing
probably isn't bad either. Speaking of which, we've a good stock of
mackerel caught off the pier at Dover recently in the freezer. Beautiful
filleted and lightly cooked.