[M1AVV] Huawei Mate 9
M1AVV via rec.radio.amateur.moderated Admin
2017-06-10 16:55:37 UTC
M1AVV

Huawei Mate 9

http://m1avv.blogspot.com/2017/06/huawei-mate-9.html

Got my new phone last Thursday, a Huawei Mate 9

Side by side with the old Galaxy Note 4. No physical buttons on the front
and 0.2" more screen squeezed in.

The phone came with a case, but I'd already ordered one.

USB-C cable, the first USB-C thing I've ever had, and a Micro USB to USB-C
adaptor.
I think the RF performance of the phone is better than the Samsung, it does
seem to hold a 3G/4G signal through areas where it would completely drop
out before, and maybe 2.4GHz Wi-Fi is also better.
It can also show the channel number of the cell in use and some
neighbouring cells, the Samsung never did this (but earlier Galaxy Notes
did).
There is space for 2 SIM cards (or one SIM and one Micro SD card) but on
the version I got from Three UK the 2nd SIM isn't recognised.
Jim GM4DHJ ...
who gives a toss? .......
Spike
2017-06-11 07:13:41 UTC
[...]
Quite, Jimbo. Well said. This post is just about as bad as those
interminable posts in the other place that bang on about Arduino and RPi
computers that just might - one day - be connected to a radio. Or a
garden sprinkler system. Or a light show. Or a RTTY decoder. ROFL.