Ding dong!
2018-03-20 23:33:15 UTC
Against my better judgement, went bell ringing
tonight just to keep my hand in and the conversation
turned to amateur radio and Morse code, yielding the
snippet that the father of one of the ringers had been
a telegraphist (not sure whether landline or radio)
in Palestine in WWI and took down the message from Malta
that the armistice had been signed, and so he (the son)
has in his possession the original message pad.
Jim.GM4DHJ ...
2018-03-22 08:42:39 UTC
"Gareth's Downstairs Computer"
Post by Gareth's Downstairs Computer
Against my better judgement, went bell ringing
tonight just to keep my hand in and the conversation
turned to amateur radio and Morse code, yielding the
snippet that the father of one of the ringers had been
a telegraphist (not sure whether landline or radio)
in Palestine in WWI and took down the message from Malta
that the armistice had been signed, and so he (the son)
has in his possession the original message pad.
ever tried Old North ? .....