JR500S
2017-08-11 14:08:16 UTC
Now that it's come back to me, It is a valve JR500s
and not a JR599 as I'd previously thought (and was
corrected that the JR599 in not a valve RX)
I don't remember now what I paid for it, mebbe £15
on the bring and buy table at the Sherborne QRP rally,
marked down in price as a non-worker.

I wonder if the then vendor did not realise that an external
speaker was necessary, which would have accounted for the
lack of sound output? :-)

What a dream RX that would have been for me 47 years ago
when first licensed, but was not in the money then.

NG seems a bit quiet today?
Jeefaw K. Effkay
2017-08-11 14:35:34 UTC
What a dream RX that would have been for me 47 years ago
when first licensed, but was not in the money then.
Eh!?

Didn't you say "I'll offer £1, and that's probably £1 more than it's worth" when one was offered for sale in this NG:

Or was that a different "Ryan Breai"?
Brian Reay
2017-08-11 14:45:20 UTC
Post by Jeefaw K. Effkay
Post by Gareth's Downstairs Computer
What a dream RX that would have been for me 47 years ago
when first licensed, but was not in the money then.
Eh!?
Or was that a different "Ryan Breai"?
ROTFL, it has probably taken him this long to spot the lack of audio was
due to the 'missing' speaker ;-)

As village idiots go, you have to admit, he really is rather good.
Probably the only thing he is good at.
are depriving those in real need!

https://www.gov.uk/report-benefit-fraud
Jeefaw K. Effkay
2017-08-11 14:53:41 UTC
Post by Brian Reay
Post by Jeefaw K. Effkay
Post by Gareth's Downstairs Computer
What a dream RX that would have been for me 47 years ago
when first licensed, but was not in the money then.
Eh!?
Or was that a different "Ryan Breai"?
ROTFL, it has probably taken him this long to spot the lack of audio was
due to the 'missing' speaker ;-)
Here's the original for those who can't be bothered googling. Top-posted, as usual:

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!searchin/uk.radio.amateur/JR$20599%7Csort:relevance/uk.radio.amateur/WctX1fWysAU/s0L_dMJ8ryAJ

Brian Reay
2017-08-11 15:11:14 UTC
Post by Jeefaw K. Effkay
Post by Brian Reay
Post by Jeefaw K. Effkay
Post by Gareth's Downstairs Computer
What a dream RX that would have been for me 47 years ago
when first licensed, but was not in the money then.
Eh!?
Or was that a different "Ryan Breai"?
ROTFL, it has probably taken him this long to spot the lack of audio was
due to the 'missing' speaker ;-)
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!searchin/uk.radio.amateur/JR$20599%7Csort:relevance/uk.radio.amateur/WctX1fWysAU/s0L_dMJ8ryAJ
What was it Mark Twain said about always telling the truth, so you don't have to remember all the lies? :-)
That is how it is so easy to catch out Cummins, Spike, Rambo, .... you
just wait until they give themselves away.

Guy G4DWV 4X1LT
2017-08-12 14:55:50 UTC
On Fri, 11 Aug 2017 07:53:41 -0700 (PDT), just as I was about to take
Post by Jeefaw K. Effkay
What was it Mark Twain said about always telling the truth, so you don't have to remember all the lies? :-)
That would be Judge Judy.
73 de Guy G4DWV/4X1LT
Bernie
2017-08-11 14:45:55 UTC
On Fri, 11 Aug 2017 15:08:16 +0100
NG seems a bit quiet today?
I was just thinking how nice the group was without your puffed-up
pontificating, Gareth.

Will you give us one day off every week if we promise to be good?