Conspiracies, Russians and Waves - One For Burt.
2017-08-05 13:07:32 UTC
http://www.bbc.com/future/story/20170801-the-ghostly-radio-station-that-no-one-claims-to-run
Ian Jackson
2017-08-05 15:18:51 UTC
In message <***@mid.individual.net>, Bernie <me@?.net.invalid>
writes
Post by Bernie
http://www.bbc.com/future/story/20170801-the-ghostly-radio-station-that-
no-one-claims-to-run
I like this bit:
"As it happens, there are clues in the signal itself. Like all
international radio, the Buzzer operates at a relatively low frequency
known as “shortwave”. This means that – compared to local radio,
mobile phone and television signals – fewer waves pass through a
single point every second. It also means they can travel a lot further."
Ian
Brian Howie
2017-08-05 20:57:00 UTC
Post by Ian Jackson
Post by Bernie
http://www.bbc.com/future/story/20170801-the-ghostly-radio-station-that-
no-one-claims-to-run
"As it happens, there are clues in the signal itself. Like all
international radio, the Buzzer operates at a relatively low frequency
known as “shortwave”. This means that – compared to local radio,
mobile phone and television signals – fewer waves pass through a
single point every second. It also means they can travel a lot further."
The author

Http://www.asianscientist.com/author/zariagorvett/

"Zaria Gorvett

Zaria Gorvett graduated with a Bachelor's degree in Biological Science
from the University of Exeter, UK and a Master's in Medical Microbiology
from the London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine, UK. Zaria has
traveled extensively, and she has done work with a conservation NGO
based in Tobago.

I'd stick to the biology hen.

Brian Howie
Spike
2017-08-06 09:31:55 UTC
Ian Jackson writes
Post by Ian Jackson
Post by Bernie
[...]
I missed Burny's OP as his addy is caught in my privacy.net filter, and
I never read Ian Jackson's stuff, but the last time this subject came
around I offered a PoV after consulting an expert on Soviet systems.

The Soviets/Russians tend not to throw away systems that have been
replaced, moving them instead down the order of priority. In association
with this, they have backups for backups for backups, including for some
systems as the last-but-one stage, HF CW. Of course, there is one major
system of theirs that has undergone fundamental modification, and the
old parts of it couldn't then be integrated into it as the philosophy of
its deployment had changed; they are now in museums.
2017-08-06 10:24:20 UTC
On Sun, 6 Aug 2017 10:31:55 +0100
Post by Spike
I missed Burny's OP as his addy is caught in my privacy.net filter,
and I never read Ian Jackson's stuff
I'm sure Ian will be as devastated as I am to hear that, L'il Burty!

S'ok though, I'll keep talking to you, anyway.
Stephen Thomas Cole
2017-08-06 10:31:42 UTC
Post by Bernie
On Sun, 6 Aug 2017 10:31:55 +0100
Post by Spike
I missed Burny's OP as his addy is caught in my privacy.net filter,
and I never read Ian Jackson's stuff
I'm sure Ian will be as devastated as I am to hear that, L'il Burty!
S'ok though, I'll keep talking to you, anyway.
Burt reads every post you make. He can't help but give it away, with the
"veiled" references he inevitably makes in the days, and sometime *hours*,
subsequent. It's incredibly bizarre behaviour, like he actually wants to
undermine his own credibility or something.
--
STC / M0TEY /
http://twitter.com/ukradioamateur
Bernie
2017-08-06 10:47:23 UTC
On Sun, 6 Aug 2017 10:31:42 -0000 (UTC)
Post by Stephen Thomas Cole
Post by Bernie
On Sun, 6 Aug 2017 10:31:55 +0100
Post by Spike
I missed Burny's OP as his addy is caught in my privacy.net filter,
and I never read Ian Jackson's stuff
I'm sure Ian will be as devastated as I am to hear that, L'il Burty!
S'ok though, I'll keep talking to you, anyway.
Burt reads every post you make. He can't help but give it away, with
the "veiled" references he inevitably makes in the days, and sometime
*hours*, subsequent. It's incredibly bizarre behaviour, like he
actually wants to undermine his own credibility or something.
He gets "hints from his contacts" - you wouldn't expect someone his age
to be too vain to wear glasses, but there you go.
Brian Reay
2017-08-06 11:25:00 UTC
Post by Stephen Thomas Cole
Post by Bernie
On Sun, 6 Aug 2017 10:31:55 +0100
Post by Spike
I missed Burny's OP as his addy is caught in my privacy.net filter,
and I never read Ian Jackson's stuff
I'm sure Ian will be as devastated as I am to hear that, L'il Burty!
S'ok though, I'll keep talking to you, anyway.
Burt reads every post you make. He can't help but give it away, with the
"veiled" references he inevitably makes in the days, and sometime *hours*,
subsequent. It's incredibly bizarre behaviour, like he actually wants to
undermine his own credibility or something.he
The antics Spike, Evans, etc go through to claim they don't read some
peoples' posts are really beyond belief and show them to be not only
liars but obsessed with petty point scoring and trying to start rows.
Just look at Evans' recent posts to ukra which have are off shoots of
his pendulum thread. He carefully didn't post them to other groups as
they include his unvarnished abuse of others- unusually restrained for
him.
Ian Jackson
2017-08-06 12:57:45 UTC
In message <***@mid.individual.net>, Bernie <me@?.net.invalid>
writes
Post by Bernie
On Sun, 6 Aug 2017 10:31:55 +0100
Post by Spike
I missed Burny's OP as his addy is caught in my privacy.net filter,
and I never read Ian Jackson's stuff
I'm sure Ian will be as devastated as I am to hear that, L'il Burty!
I won't sleep tonight, worrying about what I said that was so terrible.
Post by Bernie
S'ok though, I'll keep talking to you, anyway.
It's a dirty job, but someone has to do.
--
Ian