The edge of the shack table?
2018-02-07 15:01:28 UTC
How annoying it is when something, even if only a pen,
rolls off the edge of the shack table and disappears into
the nether regions of whatever is on the floor beneath!

I have made a semi cylindrical edge by gluing together
two quarter-round wood mouldings (B & Q did not have
half round), which makes little difference to one's
keying stance (Is there any other form of operating
for self-respecting _REAL_ radio amateurs?)

At about 35mm diameter, it is comfortable upon
which to rest one's forearm.

Also extended up both sides with careful use of
the mitre box.

However, the plastic mitre boxes do not last long because
of the raspinf effect of the side of the saw.
Jim.GM4DHJ ...
I would have thought quarter round would be all you need.......
Gareth's Downstairs Computer
2018-02-07 15:07:20 UTC
Post by Jim.GM4DHJ ...
"Gareth's Downstairs Computer"
Post by Gareth's Downstairs Computer
How annoying it is when something, even if only a pen,
rolls off the edge of the shack table and disappears into
the nether regions of whatever is on the floor beneath!
I have made a semi cylindrical edge by gluing together
two quarter-round wood mouldings (B & Q did not have
half round), which makes little difference to one's
keying stance (Is there any other form of operating
for self-respecting _REAL_ radio amateurs?)
At about 35mm diameter, it is comfortable upon
which to rest one's forearm.
Also extended up both sides with careful use of
the mitre box.
However, the plastic mitre boxes do not last long because
of the raspinf effect of the side of the saw.
I would have thought quarter round would be all you need.......
The trouble there is that it leaves a sharp edge upon which
to rest your arm.