What a surprise.......
2018-03-26 06:26:53 UTC
https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/privateparkingappeals.co.uk
are depriving those in real need!

https://www.gov.uk/report-benefit-fraud
Jim GM4DHJ ...
2018-03-26 06:41:43 UTC
Post by Brian Reay
https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/privateparkingappeals.co.uk
you mean you weren't expecting it ? .....
Catweazel
2018-03-26 10:04:09 UTC
Post by Brian Reay
https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/privateparkingappeals.co.uk
you mean you weren't expecting it ? .....
Nah, don't get it. Maybe that's a *good thing*.
--
---
Paul Cummins
2018-03-28 08:40:00 UTC
*Date:* Mon, 26 Mar 2018 08:26:53 +0200
https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/privateparkingappeals.co.uk
Yawn

https://www.theguardian.com/money/2013/jan/26/fake-reviews-plague-consumer
-websites

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-33205905

https://www.davidnaylor.co.uk/google-how-can-you-trust-www-trustpilot-co-u
k.html

https://www.e-xanthos.co.uk/blog/fake-online-reviews-and-endorsements-comp
etition-regulator-to-investigate-unlawful-practices/

https://kwikchex.com/2015/06/fake-online-reviews-kwikchex-works-with-bbc-t
o-expose-review-fraud-2/

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/business-33186836/fake-online-customer-review
s-for-sale-bbc-finds

There's even real news reports there, on the websites of the
organisations in question.
--
Are you an Inadequate Kentish Defective?
Do you need help shuffling off your mortal coil?
Don't delay, call them today - trade in on Smart Car offered.
Brian Howie
2018-03-28 10:42:11 UTC
*Date:* Mon, 26 Mar 2018 08:26:53 +0200
https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/privateparkingappeals.co.uk
Yawn
https://www.theguardian.com/money/2013/jan/26/fake-reviews-plague-consumer
-websites
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-33205905
https://www.davidnaylor.co.uk/google-how-can-you-trust-www-trustpilot-co-u
k.html
https://www.e-xanthos.co.uk/blog/fake-online-reviews-and-endorsements-comp
etition-regulator-to-investigate-unlawful-practices/
https://kwikchex.com/2015/06/fake-online-reviews-kwikchex-works-with-bbc-t
o-expose-review-fraud-2/
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/business-33186836/fake-online-customer-review
s-for-sale-bbc-finds
There's even real news reports there, on the websites of the
organisations in question.
On line reviews are for amusement only :-

https://www.amazon.com/Images-SI-Uranium-Ore/dp/B000796XXM#customerReview

Brian
Brian Howie
Paul Cummins
2018-03-28 13:21:00 UTC
Post by Brian Howie
On line reviews are for amusement only
Yet for some reason the Kretinous Kentish Kunt thinks he can use them as
a bi stick, when I', still nothing to do with the company in question,
despite his spurious claims.

In fact they are as accurate as any other claims he has made about me...
Brian Reay
2018-03-28 18:40:44 UTC
*Date:* Mon, 26 Mar 2018 08:26:53 +0200
https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/privateparkingappeals.co.uk
Yawn
https://www.theguardian.com/money/2013/jan/26/fake-reviews-plague-consumer
-websites
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-33205905
https://www.davidnaylor.co.uk/google-how-can-you-trust-www-trustpilot-co-u
k.html
https://www.e-xanthos.co.uk/blog/fake-online-reviews-and-endorsements-comp
etition-regulator-to-investigate-unlawful-practices/
https://kwikchex.com/2015/06/fake-online-reviews-kwikchex-works-with-bbc-t
o-expose-review-fraud-2/
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/business-33186836/fake-online-customer-review
s-for-sale-bbc-finds
There's even real news reports there, on the websites of the
organisations in question.
Those references are about companies who pay for positive reviews and/or
that people are more influenced by negative reviews.

You really should check your references.

I can't imagine companies pay for bad reviews of their own company.
Paul Cummins
2018-03-28 21:03:00 UTC
Post by Brian Reay
Those references are about companies who pay for positive reviews
and/or that people are more influenced by negative reviews.
You really should check your references.
I can't imagine companies pay for bad reviews of their own company.
It would be nice if you;d read them, of course, which you clearly
haven't.

How to spot a fake
• Look for concrete details. Avoid reviews that provide abstract
narratives about a product or customer-service experience. Give more
trust to reviews that provide in-depth descriptions of the quality of the
product or service.

• Avoid one-review accounts. Click on a user's profile on review websites
to get an indication of which other reviews the user has written.

• Beware reviews in poor English. Genuine customers may take little care
with spelling and grammar, but some reviews sound as if they were
translated from a foreign language. Give more credence to reviews written
in well constructed and grammatically precise English.

• Skip over reviews overflowing with verbs, adverbs, hyperbole and praise
that contains no caveats.

• Consider whether the reviewer's purchase has been confirmed. Amazon and
Trustpilot have ways to confirm whether a customer who left a review for
a product has indeed purchased it, but this system can be abused.

• Seek company and product recommendations from reputable publications.
Look to Which? and MoneySavingExpert.com rather than consumer review
websites.

• Conduct in-depth research. Reviews left by users on consumer forums,
where they've engaged with the community on a regular basis can provide
sharper insights than reviews posted online, so look beyond page one of
Google's search results to get a better idea of a company's reputation.
Ian Jackson
2018-03-29 07:58:57 UTC
*Date:* Mon, 26 Mar 2018 08:26:53 +0200
https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/privateparkingappeals.co.uk
Yawn
https://www.theguardian.com/money/2013/jan/26/fake-reviews-plague-consumer
-websites
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-33205905
https://www.davidnaylor.co.uk/google-how-can-you-trust-www-trustpilot-co-u
k.html
https://www.e-xanthos.co.uk/blog/fake-online-reviews-and-endorsements-comp
etition-regulator-to-investigate-unlawful-practices/
https://kwikchex.com/2015/06/fake-online-reviews-kwikchex-works-with-bbc-t
o-expose-review-fraud-2/
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/business-33186836/fake-online-customer-review
s-for-sale-bbc-finds
There's even real news reports there, on the websites of the
organisations in question.
4 of those 6 links have come up split. To prevent long links getting
split (necessitating their being re-connected in order for them to
work), it usually helps if you add a < to the start and a > followed by
a Carriage Return to the end. So instead of
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/business-33186836/fake-online-customer-revie
w s-for-sale-bbc-finds
it is
Ian
mm0fmf
2018-03-29 08:05:40 UTC
Still split here.
Roger Hayter
2018-03-29 09:02:14 UTC
Post by Ian Jackson
Post by Paul Cummins
*Date:* Mon, 26 Mar 2018 08:26:53 +0200
[...]
Whereas the second one works here. OTOH the first version has a
spurious space in 'review s", and might work without that. I think this
is very client dependent at both ends. I don't think Usenet was
particularly designed to be cluttered with URLs. If someone is that
keen to follow them they can usually be re-assembled in a text editor.

Does anyone know how to get Android standard mail client to follow URLs
in plain text emails, I haven't been bothered to edit text on a touch
screen (silly idea IMHO)?
Roger Hayter
Guy G4DWV 4X1LT
2018-03-29 13:24:05 UTC
On Thu, 29 Mar 2018 10:02:14 +0100, just as I was about to take a
Post by Roger Hayter
If someone is that
keen to follow them they can usually be re-assembled in a text editor.
I just select all the URL and paste it in the browser.
73 de Guy G4DWV/4X1LT
Roger Hayter
2018-03-29 15:41:11 UTC
Post by Roger Hayter
If someone is that
keen to follow them they can usually be re-assembled in a text editor.
I just select all the URL and paste it in the browser.
That works for me, but previously with a Windows client I have had to
excise a new line/carriage return from the middle before pasting it or I
get only half of it.
Roger Hayter
Stephen Thomas Cole
2018-03-29 10:42:52 UTC
Post by Ian Jackson
Post by Paul Cummins
*Date:* Mon, 26 Mar 2018 08:26:53 +0200
[...]
Burt fucked it up, as per.
--
STC / M0TEY /
http://twitter.com/ukradioamateur
Stephen Thomas Cole
2018-03-29 10:42:52 UTC
Post by Ian Jackson
Post by Paul Cummins
*Date:* Mon, 26 Mar 2018 08:26:53 +0200
[...]
You tell him, Burt!
Paul Cummins
2018-05-10 16:23:00 UTC
*Date:* Mon, 26 Mar 2018 08:26:53 +0200
https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/privateparkingappeals.co.uk
Oh look - it seems that lots of reviews have been taken down - obviously
they were false!