Newbury tomorrow.
Ian Jackson
2017-06-17 11:01:45 UTC
Just a reminder....

Don't forget that it's the annual Newbury Radio Rally tomorrow.
http://www.nadars.org.uk/rally.asp

It's going to be very hot and sunny (30 degrees?), and there is not a
scrap of shade in that large, open field - so take the appropriate
precautions!
Ian
Jim GM4DHJ ...
glad I am going to miss it then ......
Jim GM4DHJ ...
bloody hell that is a year since I visited Gareth .......
Gareth's Downstairs Computer
You're very welcome here any time you're in the area.
Brian Reay
2017-06-19 15:42:51 UTC
Post by Ian Jackson
Just a reminder....
Don't forget that it's the annual Newbury Radio Rally tomorrow.
http://www.nadars.org.uk/rally.asp
It's going to be very hot and sunny (30 degrees?), and there is not a
scrap of shade in that large, open field - so take the appropriate
precautions!
Was it very good? It is generally one of the better rallies- especially for
stocking up on bits etc. for those of use who build things.

We had a family day planned so I couldn't make it.
Ian Jackson
2017-06-19 18:10:44 UTC
Post by Brian Reay
Post by Ian Jackson
Just a reminder....
Don't forget that it's the annual Newbury Radio Rally tomorrow.
http://www.nadars.org.uk/rally.asp
It's going to be very hot and sunny (30 degrees?), and there is not a
scrap of shade in that large, open field - so take the appropriate
precautions!
Was it very good? It is generally one of the better rallies- especially for
stocking up on bits etc. for those of use who build things.
We had a family day planned so I couldn't make it.
It was rather too hot, although an occasional breeze did help.

There were probably a lot of bargains - if you knew what you were
looking for. But there was also a lot of junk. I did say to one of the
sellers that there seemed to be a lot of junk, and he said, "One man's
junk is another man's gold." To that, I replied, "In that case I've got
a lot of gold in my garage and my loft."

Reading McMichael on 16 July.
Ian
Jim GM4DHJ ...
I might try and make that ......
Bernie
Me too .....
Jim GM4DHJ ...
still at the rugby club?...sonning lane init? .....
Bernie

Chaz-babes would know - email the weaselly little fuck.
Jim GM4DHJ ...
think he moved from Reading .....nice chap
Ian Jackson
2017-06-19 19:48:40 UTC
Post by Jim GM4DHJ ...
Post by Ian Jackson
Post by Brian Reay
Post by Ian Jackson
[...]
Yes.
http://blog.radarc.org/about/mcmichael-radio-rally/
Ian
Jim GM4DHJ ...
might not bother...fell out with my relatives in Bracknell anyway ...
Brian Reay
How do you fall out with relatives?
Jim GM4DHJ ...
2017-06-20 15:28:33 UTC
Post by Brian Reay
Post by Jim GM4DHJ ...
Post by Ian Jackson
Post by Jim GM4DHJ ...
Post by Ian Jackson
Post by Brian Reay
Post by Ian Jackson
[...]
because my nephew is turning out an exact replica of his father my
brother...
Mike Tomlinson
2017-06-20 20:30:34 UTC
Post by Brian Reay
How do you fall out with relatives?
It's Jim. They probably got fed up with him stinking the house out with
his sweaty anorak and BO each time he visited.
--
(\_/)
(")_(") the one I never tried before." - Mae West
Jim GM4DHJ ...
2017-06-20 20:46:54 UTC
fuck off tomlinkinson ...
Jim GM4DHJ ...
...your "brane" must be overheating again ....... go have a cold shower
Brian Reay
2017-06-21 07:40:48 UTC
Post by Mike Tomlinson
Post by Brian Reay
How do you fall out with relatives?
It's Jim. They probably got fed up with him stinking the house out with
his sweaty anorak and BO each time he visited.
Having seen Jim's answer, I suspect they told him to 'go forth and
multiply'- especially given the history he has already shared. What is
it with the usual rejects, the can't even get on with their own families.
are depriving those in real need!

https://www.gov.uk/report-benefit-fraud
Mike Tomlinson
2017-06-21 09:17:42 UTC
Post by Brian Reay
Having seen Jim's answer
I haven't, and couldn't care less. All his posts are auto-deleted here.
Post by Brian Reay
, I suspect they told him to 'go forth and
multiply'
very probably.
Post by Brian Reay
What is
it with the usual rejects, the can't even get on with their own families.
They do seem to be unusually sociopathic and badly lacking in
interpersonal skills (not to mention basic hygiene).

It's a shame, because it reflects badly on the hobby. There's a public
concept of sad elderly men in anoraks smelling of BO muttering
incomprehensibly into the mike in their garden sheds. That's the image
needs to be dispelled, as the recent informative thread about attracting
more youngsters into the hobby in The Other (Successful) Group That
Shall Not Be Named showed.
--
(\_/)
(")_(") the one I never tried before." - Mae West
Jim GM4DHJ ...
bet you would love access to a few more twinks ...tee hee
Jim GM4DHJ ...
p.s. your nose is still to near your boyfriends arse ......
Gareth's Downstairs Computer
2017-06-21 16:15:33 UTC
Post by Brian Reay
What is
it with the usual rejects, the can't even get on with their own families.
They do seem to be unusually sociopathic and badly lacking in
interpersonal skills (not to mention basic hygiene).
It's a shame, because it reflects badly on the hobby. There's a public
concept of sad elderly men in anoraks smelling of BO muttering
incomprehensibly into the mike in their garden sheds. That's the image
needs to be dispelled, as the recent informative thread about attracting
more youngsters into the hobby in The Other (Successful) Group That
Shall Not Be Named showed.
bet you would love access to a few more twinks ...tee hee
p.s. your nose is still to near your boyfriends arse ......
Sad to see that The Three Amigos are still there with their childish
attempts at attention-seeking by resorting to gratuitous and rather
silly playground sneers. Clearly such people do not have the
interests of amateur radio or the PR of amateur radio at heart
or they would never behave in such manners in a public forum.

Even sadder to see that you've thrown your lot in with them, JIm.

But .... someone who has the turds of another on the end of his willy
talking about hygiene, hypocrisy, surely ????? !!!!!
Jim GM4DHJ ...
fudgepacker ...tee hee
Brian Reay
2017-06-21 23:40:44 UTC
Post by Brian Reay
What is
it with the usual rejects, the can't even get on with their own families.
They do seem to be unusually sociopathic and badly lacking in
interpersonal skills (not to mention basic hygiene).
It's a shame, because it reflects badly on the hobby. There's a public
concept of sad elderly men in anoraks smelling of BO muttering
incomprehensibly into the mike in their garden sheds. That's the image
needs to be dispelled, as the recent informative thread about attracting
more youngsters into the hobby in The Other (Successful) Group That
Shall Not Be Named showed.
It is noticeable that rallies have become less 'smelly' in the last 15
years. Clearly the newcomers are more familiar with soap and water than
their detractors.

Jim GM4DHJ ...
under your rolls of fat is where the problem is ......mingin'
Brian Reay
2017-06-21 23:43:12 UTC
Post by Brian Reay
What is
it with the usual rejects, the can't even get on with their own families.
They do seem to be unusually sociopathic and badly lacking in
interpersonal skills (not to mention basic hygiene).
It's a shame, because it reflects badly on the hobby. There's a public
concept of sad elderly men in anoraks smelling of BO muttering
incomprehensibly into the mike in their garden sheds. That's the image
needs to be dispelled, as the recent informative thread about attracting
more youngsters into the hobby in The Other (Successful) Group That
Shall Not Be Named showed.
Remember the village idiot admitting how long it took him to repair the
tap in his downstairs toilet? How unhygienic can you get?

Mike Tomlinson
2017-06-22 03:39:15 UTC
Post by Brian Reay
Remember the village idiot admitting how long it took him to repair the
tap in his downstairs toilet? How unhygienic can you get?
Heh. Judging from Google Street Maps, he's got rather a lot more to
worry about than a tap. A lick of paint would be a start.
--
(\_/)
(")_(") the one I never tried before." - Mae West
Jim GM4DHJ ...
2017-06-22 04:36:56 UTC
Post by Mike Tomlinson
Post by Brian Reay
Remember the village idiot admitting how long it took him to repair the
tap in his downstairs toilet? How unhygienic can you get?
Heh. Judging from Google Street Maps, he's got rather a lot more to
worry about than a tap. A lick of paint would be a start.
he has a lovely house and garden ......

Jim GM4DHJ ...
2017-06-21 18:27:00 UTC
what colour was it again? .....
Jim GM4DHJ ...
be a nasty fucker like you? .....
Jim GM4DHJ ...
2017-06-21 18:28:47 UTC
Post by Ian Jackson
Post by Jim GM4DHJ ...
Post by Ian Jackson
Post by Brian Reay
Post by Ian Jackson
[...]
not that I would stay with them in there two bedroom Bracknell mid terrace
kooncil hoose on the wrong side of town ..... prefer Travelodge
Gareth's Downstairs Computer
2017-06-19 20:28:11 UTC
Post by Ian Jackson
It was rather too hot, although an occasional breeze did help.
Couldn't go because was committed to 3 days of fence judging
at the Nunney International Horse Trials and yes, caught the
sun!
Jim GM4DHJ ...
that sounds more interesting anyway.......how many were jailed ? ....
Brian Reay
2017-06-20 11:27:50 UTC
Post by Ian Jackson
Post by Brian Reay
Post by Ian Jackson
[...]
Can't make that either, another family event that weekend. Have a good
time. I'm hoping to get to the 'Hamfest', as much as I dislike the name.

I'm not sure about the RSGB Convention, it always falls at busy time for
family events. A pity, it is always excellent and it would be good to
attend when I didn't need to worry about organising exam sessions etc
and could focus on just attending lectures.
Jim GM4DHJ ...
2017-06-21 18:31:34 UTC
Post by Brian Reay
Post by Ian Jackson
[...]