icom ic 7300
2017-06-11 16:38:20 UTC
Can anybody check and let me know if the IC7300 suffers from the same power
output problem that all other late model icoms suffer from I.E. the output
power falls rapidly when the voltage applied falls below 13.8volts?
......the ic718 ic7000 etc all are like this and the power falls to about
40w on a non-charging battery...this problem is well documented and I would
just like to find out if the 7300 is the same......I must point out that old
icoms don't do this and modern yaesu rigs don't do this...thanks

craig is a mucker of the big farmer as he used his antennas once... but we
won't hold that against him .....
Jim GM4DHJ ...
2017-06-11 16:40:30 UTC
http://youtu.be/hZKLmwVcFSw
craig is a mucker of the big farmer as he used his antennas once... but we
won't hold that against him .....
in other words they are piss all use for sitting static mobile with the
engine off .......
Jim GM4DHJ ...
2017-06-11 16:44:57 UTC
just answer my question please ....not interested in you arguing that is the
way they should work...thanks
Brian Morrison
2017-06-12 11:07:03 UTC
On Sun, 11 Jun 2017 17:38:20 +0100
Post by Jim GM4DHJ ...
Can anybody check and let me know if the IC7300 suffers from the same
power output problem that all other late model icoms suffer from I.E.
the output power falls rapidly when the voltage applied falls below
13.8volts?
Output power holds up well down to ~12.5V DC, then ~1dB reduction at
~12.0V DC

13.8V 108W
12.5V 101W
12.0V 83W
11.5V 68W
11.2V 48W
11.0V 31W
10.9V Radio shut down

HTH
Brian Morrison
Catweazel
2017-06-12 11:17:27 UTC
Post by Jim GM4DHJ ...
Can anybody check and let me know if the IC7300 suffers from the same
power output problem that all other late model icoms suffer from I.E.
the output power falls rapidly when the voltage applied falls below
13.8volts?
Output power holds up well down to ~12.5V DC, then ~1dB reduction at
~12.0V DC
13.8V 108W
12.5V 101W
12.0V 83W
11.5V 68W
11.2V 48W
11.0V 31W
10.9V Radio shut down
HTH
Out of interest, are these voltages measured at the back of the radio?
I ask because in the past I've found that with some power cords, the
in-line fuse connections can introduce a voltage drop significant to
radio power output (IC735, IC706).
--
---
http://www.avg.com
Brian Morrison
2017-06-12 11:56:33 UTC
Post by Jim GM4DHJ ...
Can anybody check and let me know if the IC7300 suffers from the
same power output problem that all other late model icoms suffer
from I.E. the output power falls rapidly when the voltage applied
falls below 13.8volts?
Output power holds up well down to ~12.5V DC, then ~1dB reduction at
~12.0V DC
13.8V 108W
12.5V 101W
12.0V 83W
11.5V 68W
11.2V 48W
11.0V 31W
10.9V Radio shut down
HTH
Out of interest, are these voltages measured at the back of the radio?
I ask because in the past I've found that with some power cords, the
in-line fuse connections can introduce a voltage drop significant to
radio power output (IC735, IC706).
I found these numbers out on the web, the method was not absolutely
clear but I am pretty sure that the voltage at the PSU output was what
was listed.

To my mind, anyone using a 7300 should be using the supplied
cable/filter in the UK, I suspect these measurements were done with the
US spec cable. Both are big, thick cables with very low resistance and
decent fuse holders.
--
Brian Morrison