SW in the car? ...
2017-06-10 08:14:20 UTC
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Pioneer-DEH-X2750UI-Shortwave-Car-Auto-Radio-FM-AM-SW-CD-RDS-USB-IPod-/252121800580?hash=item3ab3a15f84:g:~pIAAOSw14xWG0CL

I was thinking about getting one of these...the last time I had SW in a car
was a sharp analog radio in the 70's.....or will I just get bored listening
to radio chinky land? .... my duster has an unamplified antenna which is
nice and long .......
Spike
2017-06-10 09:20:15 UTC
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Pioneer-DEH-X2750UI-Shortwave-Car-Auto-Radio-FM-AM-SW-CD-RDS-USB-IPod-/252121800580?hash=item3ab3a15f84:g:~pIAAOSw14xWG0CL
I was thinking about getting one of these...the last time I had SW in a car
was a sharp analog radio in the 70's.....or will I just get bored listening
to radio chinky land? .... my duster has an unamplified antenna which is
nice and long .......
You might find the SW schedule app from Black Cat Systems to be useful here.
is an app the same as a programme ? ....
Phi
Mrs Dale's Diary was a programme.
Jim GM4DHJ ...
2017-06-10 09:55:18 UTC
Post by Phi
Post by Jim GM4DHJ ...
Post by Spike
Post by Jim GM4DHJ ...
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Pioneer-DEH-X2750UI-Shortwave-Car-Auto-Radio-FM-AM-SW-CD-RDS-USB-IPod-/252121800580?hash=item3ab3a15f84:g:~pIAAOSw14xWG0CL
I was thinking about getting one of these...the last time I had SW in a car
was a sharp analog radio in the 70's.....or will I just get bored listening
to radio chinky land? .... my duster has an unamplified antenna which is
nice and long .......
You might find the SW schedule app from Black Cat Systems to be useful here.
is an app the same as a programme ? ....
Mrs Dale's Diary was a programme.
I just knew after I typed that some body was going to say something like
that ...tee hee
Ian Jackson
2017-06-10 09:56:03 UTC
Post by Phi
Post by Jim GM4DHJ ...
Post by Spike
Post by Jim GM4DHJ ...
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Pioneer-DEH-X2750UI-Shortwave-Car-Auto-Radi
o-FM-AM-SW-CD-RDS-USB-IPod-/252121800580?hash=item3ab3a15f84:g:~pIAAO
I was thinking about getting one of these...the last time I had SW
in a car
was a sharp analog radio in the 70's.....or will I just get bored listening
to radio chinky land? .... my duster has an unamplified antenna which is
nice and long .......
You might find the SW schedule app from Black Cat Systems to be
useful here.
is an app the same as a programme ? ....
Mrs Dale's Diary was a programme.
She was always worried about Jim.

These days, we are ALL worried about Jim.
Ian
Jim GM4DHJ ...
I also ....
Jim GM4DHJ ...
2017-06-10 10:01:23 UTC
Post by Ian Jackson
Post by Phi
Post by Jim GM4DHJ ...
Post by Spike
Post by Jim GM4DHJ ...
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Pioneer-DEH-X2750UI-Shortwave-Car-Auto-Radi
o-FM-AM-SW-CD-RDS-USB-IPod-/252121800580?hash=item3ab3a15f84:g:~pIAAO
I was thinking about getting one of these...the last time I had SW in
a car
was a sharp analog radio in the 70's.....or will I just get bored listening
to radio chinky land? .... my duster has an unamplified antenna which is
nice and long .......
You might find the SW schedule app from Black Cat Systems to be useful here.
is an app the same as a programme ? ....
Mrs Dale's Diary was a programme.
She was always worried about Jim.
These days, we are ALL worried about Jim.
Ian
I also ....
"rather" worried ....to be correct....should be sooking that pipe like brian
does ......
Jim GM4DHJ ...
...and Jim being a Doctor...shocking even in 1948 ....
Roger Hayter
2017-06-10 11:52:52 UTC
"rather" worried ....to be correct....should be sooking that pipe like
brian does ......
...and Jim being a Doctor...shocking even in 1948 ....
That's re-writing history, it was not in the least bit shocking in 1948.
Roger Hayter
Jim GM4DHJ ...
2017-06-10 13:27:51 UTC
Post by Roger Hayter
"rather" worried ....to be correct....should be sooking that pipe like
brian does ......
...and Jim being a Doctor...shocking even in 1948 ....
That's re-writing history, it was not in the least bit shocking in 1948.
true we all lived with passive smoking from people like our mothers uncles
in the 50's and 60's ......
A. non Eyemouse
2017-06-10 15:48:25 UTC
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Pioneer-DEH-X2750UI-Shortwave-Car-Auto-Radio-FM-AM-SW-CD-RDS-USB-IPod-/252121800580?hash=item3ab3a15f84:g:~pIAAOSw14xWG0CL
Or just download the EIBI database and roll your own.

Good selection of pirate broadcasters just above 6.2MHz, or if you
fancy some good old cold war era rhetoric then there's Voice of
Korea.
--
mouse.
Where Morse meets House.
Phi
2017-06-10 20:17:24 UTC
Post by A. non Eyemouse
Post by Jim GM4DHJ ...
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Pioneer-DEH-X2750UI-Shortwave-Car-Auto-Radio-FM-AM-SW-CD-RDS-USB-IPod-/252121800580?hash=item3ab3a15f84:g:~pIAAOSw14xWG0CL
Or just download the EIBI database and roll your own.
Good selection of pirate broadcasters just above 6.2MHz, or if you
fancy some good old cold war era rhetoric then there's Voice of
Korea.
--
mouse.
Where Morse meets House.
We had an Eddystone receiver at work and we listened to the English service
from Radio Peking in 1959.
FranK Turner-Smith G3VKI
2017-06-10 22:37:24 UTC
Post by Phi
Post by A. non Eyemouse
Post by Jim GM4DHJ ...
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Pioneer-DEH-X2750UI-Shortwave-Car-Auto-Radio-FM-AM-SW-CD-RDS-USB-IPod-/252121800580?hash=item3ab3a15f84:g:~pIAAOSw14xWG0CL
Or just download the EIBI database and roll your own.
Good selection of pirate broadcasters just above 6.2MHz, or if you
fancy some good old cold war era rhetoric then there's Voice of
Korea.
We had an Eddystone receiver at work and we listened to the English
service from Radio Peking in 1959.
I was still at primary skool in 1959.
--
;-)