off now
2017-06-15 09:59:49 UTC
off now to Newcastle to try and buy a van van...will be on 10fm repeaters if
conditions are good ...
Jim GM4DHJ ...
2017-06-15 10:14:51 UTC
off now to Newcastle to try and buy a van van...will be on 10fm repeaters
if conditions are good ...
just put the rig in the car HB9HD repeater end stopping on 29.650 Mc/s so
call me there ........should be fun...P.S. no CTCSS required...tee hee
Ian Jackson
2017-06-15 22:02:53 UTC
off now to Newcastle to try and buy a van van...will be on 10fm repeaters
if conditions are good ...
just put the rig in the car HB9HD repeater end stopping on 29.650 Mc/s so
call me there ........should be fun...P.S. no CTCSS required...tee hee
It's probably too late - but beware of the Bus Lane traps in Newcastle.
The city is now notorious for them. They appear when you don't expect
them, and they are Bus Only for some very unusual hours. I believe some
are even 24/7.
Ian
Roger Hayter
2017-06-16 06:59:43 UTC
Post by Ian Jackson
off now to Newcastle to try and buy a van van...will be on 10fm repeaters
if conditions are good ...
just put the rig in the car HB9HD repeater end stopping on 29.650 Mc/s so
call me there ........should be fun...P.S. no CTCSS required...tee hee
It's probably too late - but beware of the Bus Lane traps in Newcastle.
The city is now notorious for them. They appear when you don't expect
them, and they are Bus Only for some very unusual hours. I believe some
are even 24/7.
When you say they "appear when you don't expect them" do they ever turn
up suddenly in roads that don't have bus routes, or in one's own drive?
Roger Hayter
Ian Jackson
2017-06-16 07:36:38 UTC
Post by Roger Hayter
Post by Ian Jackson
off now to Newcastle to try and buy a van van...will be on 10fm repeaters
if conditions are good ...
just put the rig in the car HB9HD repeater end stopping on 29.650 Mc/s so
call me there ........should be fun...P.S. no CTCSS required...tee hee
It's probably too late - but beware of the Bus Lane traps in Newcastle.
The city is now notorious for them. They appear when you don't expect
them, and they are Bus Only for some very unusual hours. I believe some
are even 24/7.
When you say they "appear when you don't expect them" do they ever turn
up suddenly in roads that don't have bus routes, or in one's own drive?
I don't think it's quite as bad as that, but you can certainly turn a
corner and find yourself entering a bus lane with minimal notice.
http://bit.ly/2shsxov
et al.
And it's not just in the city centre. The tentacles spread out into the
extremities of the city.
Ian
Roger Hayter
2017-06-16 12:55:27 UTC
Post by Ian Jackson
Post by Roger Hayter
When you say they "appear when you don't expect them" do they ever turn
up suddenly in roads that don't have bus routes, or in one's own drive?
I don't think it's quite as bad as that, but you can certainly turn a
corner and find yourself entering a bus lane with minimal notice.
http://bit.ly/2shsxov
et al.
And it's not just in the city centre. The tentacles spread out into the
extremities of the city.
A terrible imposition.
Roger Hayter
Jim GM4DHJ ...
2017-06-20 07:31:38 UTC
Post by Ian Jackson
Post by Roger Hayter
Post by Ian Jackson
[...]
years ago since I drove in Newcastle but even then I found the road system a
nightmare ....had to have a Stottie to recover ......
Phi
Buy a bus
Jim GM4DHJ ...
2017-06-20 10:21:03 UTC
Post by Phi
Post by Jim GM4DHJ ...
Post by Ian Jackson
Post by Roger Hayter
Post by Ian Jackson
[...]
hate buses even free ones ...

Jim GM4DHJ ...
2017-06-16 17:13:50 UTC
Post by Ian Jackson
off now to Newcastle to try and buy a van van...will be on 10fm repeaters
if conditions are good ...
just put the rig in the car HB9HD repeater end stopping on 29.650 Mc/s so
call me there ........should be fun...P.S. no CTCSS required...tee hee
It's probably too late - but beware of the Bus Lane traps in Newcastle.
The city is now notorious for them. They appear when you don't expect
them, and they are Bus Only for some very unusual hours. I believe some
are even 24/7.
didn't go the guy phoned and said he had an offer from a guy 30miles away so
just stayed the night at Maryport...home now no van van ... :(