Making contacts
gareth
2013-11-02 12:51:41 UTC
Am I right to think that the small blobs on the ends of the contacts
for PO type 3000 relays are, in fact, platinum?
Anton Deque
2013-11-02 13:02:13 UTC
Am I right to think that the small blobs on the ends of the contacts for
PO type 3000 relays are, in fact, platinum?
Careful gareth. I think that might be driptonite and will make you piss
the bed.
FranK Turner-Smith G3VKI
2013-11-02 14:32:00 UTC
Post by Anton Deque
Am I right to think that the small blobs on the ends of the contacts for
PO type 3000 relays are, in fact, platinum?
Careful gareth. I think that might be driptonite and will make you piss
the bed.
Nah, that's his wet dreams about sheep.
--
;-)
.
http://turner-smith.co.uk
Anton Deque
2013-11-02 17:43:31 UTC

Phi
2013-11-02 13:25:55 UTC
The standard is Silver or Palladium.
Rambo
2013-11-02 14:08:37 UTC
Only certain variants, ISTR most were silver.
KaFKaesque
2013-11-02 15:36:28 UTC
Post by gareth
Am I right to think that the small blobs on the ends of the contacts
for PO type 3000 relays are, in fact, platinum?
He fettled his key himself
With contacts made from platinum
The Wiltshire plods keep the cells so clean
Ready to throw a twat in 'em
John Benn
2013-11-02 18:31:31 UTC
Why on earth do you think they might be platinum?
Percy Picacity
2013-11-02 23:14:23 UTC
Post by John Benn
Post by gareth
Am I right to think that the small blobs on the ends of the contacts
for PO type 3000 relays are, in fact, platinum?
Why on earth do you think they might be platinum?
Perhaps because it is an almost ideal material for the job. And used in
some more esoteric cases. If you are using enough relays, it may be
worth spending quite a lot to save labour and reduce fault incidence.
But palladium is cheaper, especially in London.
Percy Picacity
KaFKaesque
Only on Sunday nights.
Percy Picacity
Percy Picacity
DS19/87B
2013-11-02 19:44:45 UTC
There's antimony, arsenic, aluminum, selenium,
And hydrogen and oxygen and nitrogen and rhenium
And nickel, neodymium, neptunium, germanium,
And iron, americium, ruthenium, uranium,
Europium, zirconium, lutetium, vanadium
And lanthanum and osmium and astatine and radium
And gold, protactinium and indium and gallium
And iodine and thorium and thulium and thallium.

There's yttrium, ytterbium, actinium, rubidium
And boron, gadolinium, niobium, iridium
And strontium and silicon and silver and samarium,
And bismuth, bromine, lithium, beryllium and barium.

There's holmium and helium and hafnium and erbium
And phosphorous and francium and fluorine and terbium
And manganese and mercury, molybdenum, magnesium,
Dysprosium and scandium and cerium and caesium
And lead, praseodymium, and platinum, plutonium,
Palladium, promethium, potassium, polonium, and
Tantalum, technetium, titanium, tellurium,
And cadmium and calcium and chromium and curium.

There's sulphur, californium and fermium, berkelium
And also mendelevium, einsteinium and nobelium
And argon, krypton, neon, radon, xenon, zinc and rhodium
And chlorine, carbon, cobalt, copper,
Tungsten, tin and sodium.

These are the only ones of which the news has come to Harvard,
And there may be many others, but they haven't been discovered
Gareth's Kitchen Komputer
2017-11-04 10:42:04 UTC
If a question's worth asking, Gareth...
Gareth's Kitchen Komputer
2018-09-15 11:43:52 UTC
Am I right to think that the small blobs on the ends of the contacts for
PO type 3000 relays are, in fact, platinum?
I hope you get an answer, Gareth, because you wouldn't believe how common
this question is.