worm ...
2017-06-07 08:52:48 UTC
I see brian is getting desperate for somebody to talk to about computers on
moderated....probably for the best as he is not very good on radio ...tee
hee
Jim GM4DHJ ...
2017-06-08 07:17:01 UTC
..no takers...tee hee
A. non Eyemouse
2017-06-08 08:46:55 UTC
I see brian is getting desperate for somebody to talk to about computers on
moderated....probably for the best as he is not very good on radio ...tee
hee
..no takers...tee hee
Late to the party.

The dosbox post appeared a couple of hours later in rsgbtech. Been using
it for years, even ran it on my Macbook Pro back in 2007.
--
Mouse.
Where Morse meets House.
Brian Reay

Like Jim, you've nothing useful to add then.
A. non Eyemouse
2017-06-08 15:00:42 UTC
Post by Brian Reay
Post by A. non Eyemouse
I see brian is getting desperate for somebody to talk to about computers on
moderated....probably for the best as he is not very good on radio ...tee
hee
..no takers...tee hee
Late to the party.
The dosbox post appeared a couple of hours later in rsgbtech. Been using
it for years, even ran it on my Macbook Pro back in 2007.
Yawn!
Like Jim, you've nothing useful to add then.
Oh go on then, I've got a few minutes to spare.

You got the serial port mapping to real serial ports although it can be
a little bit temperamental (watch for errors in the monitor window). As
KBV already covered the CPU throttling to limit the speed. On Windows
Serial1=directserial realport:COM1

Networking is non-existent although it mimics Novell ipx over ip, useful
if you want to run something like multiplayer netwars or other
multiplayer games.

Runs on a Mac under OSX. Serial port worked OK with USB serial adaptors,
think I was using a Prolific based one at the time which needed some
kernel drivers loading. I don't currently have a working Mac to test it
on, my MBP died with a GPU fault after 7 years.

It also runs on RPIs and other ARM machines. Some of the older Motorola
programming stuff is very temperamental but can be made to work (also
covered in rsgbtech). The GP300 and GM300 programmers works fine but the
mc-micro and radius M110 not so.

If you create a folder with your down programs you can unzip/move
whatever using your native OS commands then when you start you can mount
it with
mount c /home/mouse/dosdrive
Then they will appear under drive C: in dosbox.
Add this and any other "autoexec.bat" commands to the end of dosbox.conf
to have them load when you boot it.

Some experimenting with

fullscreen=false
fulldouble=false
fullresolution=original
windowresolution=original
scaler=2x

for full screen output or double-size windows, useful if your graphics
resolution is 1920x1080.

So nothing useful to add really apart from it looks cool running on a Pi
Zero W.
--
Mouse.
Where Morse meets House.
Jim GM4DHJ ...
2017-06-08 17:28:44 UTC
Post by Brian Reay
Post by A. non Eyemouse
I see brian is getting desperate for somebody to talk to about computers on
moderated....probably for the best as he is not very good on radio ...tee
hee
..no takers...tee hee
Late to the party.
The dosbox post appeared a couple of hours later in rsgbtech. Been using
it for years, even ran it on my Macbook Pro back in 2007.
Yawn!
Like Jim, you've nothing useful to add then.
you have no usefull or accurate information in your "papers" to give....best
use them in your gludgy ,......tee hee
AndyW
2017-06-08 15:53:16 UTC
Post by A. non Eyemouse
I see brian is getting desperate for somebody to talk to about computers on
moderated....probably for the best as he is not very good on radio ...tee
hee
..no takers...tee hee
Late to the party.
The dosbox post appeared a couple of hours later in rsgbtech. Been using
it for years, even ran it on my Macbook Pro back in 2007.
I don't use it for radio stuff but I still like my old classic games and
they still run on my grunt of a machine under DOSBOX.
Nothing like playing the original XCOM or Amberstar for a nostalgia fest.

Andy
Jim GM4DHJ ...
2017-06-08 17:30:21 UTC
Post by AndyW
I don't use it for radio stuff but I still like my old classic games and
they still run on my grunt of a machine under DOSBOX.
Nothing like playing the original XCOM or Amberstar for a nostalgia fest.
Andy
last time I played a game on a computer it was Battlezone in an arcade
.....tee hee
Rambo
Did the tank get you between the eyes?
Jim GM4DHJ ...
supertanks...nasty
AndyW
2017-06-09 06:20:09 UTC
Post by AndyW
I don't use it for radio stuff but I still like my old classic games and
they still run on my grunt of a machine under DOSBOX.
Nothing like playing the original XCOM or Amberstar for a nostalgia fest.
Andy
last time I played a game on a computer it was Battlezone in an arcade
.....tee hee
I loved that game. The vector graphics were amazing for its day and
because your head was fixed in a single position the sound was amazing too.
I have it at home on MAME running on a pi but it is not quite the same
as playing it in an arcade.

Andy
Jim GM4DHJ ...
2017-06-09 06:41:17 UTC
Post by AndyW
Post by Jim GM4DHJ ...
Post by AndyW
I don't use it for radio stuff but I still like my old classic games and
they still run on my grunt of a machine under DOSBOX.
Nothing like playing the original XCOM or Amberstar for a nostalgia fest.
Andy
last time I played a game on a computer it was Battlezone in an arcade
.....tee hee
I loved that game. The vector graphics were amazing for its day and
because your head was fixed in a single position the sound was amazing too.
I have it at home on MAME running on a pi but it is not quite the same as
playing it in an arcade.
Andy
arcades were cool ........loved the vibration ......