Callsign G2FNA
Guy G4DWV 4X1LT
2018-03-28 17:21:56 UTC
Hi all,

I was emailed by a chap who is trying to verify his fathers callsign.
He thinks it was G2FNA. The licence was granted in 1946.

His details would have been:-
H Chamberlain
99 Winchester Rd
Countesthorpe
Leicester

Can you kindly check your callbooks and help?

Thanks in advance.
73 de Guy G4DWV/4X1LT
Jeefaw K Effkay
2018-03-28 17:34:04 UTC
Post by Guy G4DWV 4X1LT
Hi all,
I was emailed by a chap who is trying to verify his fathers callsign.
He thinks it was G2FNA. The licence was granted in 1946.
His details would have been:-
H Chamberlain
99 Winchester Rd
Countesthorpe
Leicester
Can you kindly check your callbooks and help?
Thanks in advance.
--
73 de Guy G4DWV/4X1LT
Not in 1984 callbook, which is the oldest I have. It skips from G2FMW to G2FNI.
Also not listed under GD, GJ, GM, GU, GW etc...
Guy G4DWV 4X1LT
2018-03-28 22:02:36 UTC
On Wed, 28 Mar 2018 10:34:04 -0700 (PDT), just as I was about to take
Post by Jeefaw K Effkay
Not in 1984 callbook, which is the oldest I have. It skips from G2FMW to G2FNI.
Also not listed under GD, GJ, GM, GU, GW etc...
Many thanks for looking. He was definitely a "G". I'll email his son
and ask when he became an SK so we will know the latest to look.
73 de Guy G4DWV/4X1LT
Brian Howie
2018-03-28 22:48:42 UTC
Post by Jeefaw K Effkay
Post by Guy G4DWV 4X1LT
Hi all,
I was emailed by a chap who is trying to verify his fathers callsign.
He thinks it was G2FNA. The licence was granted in 1946.
His details would have been:-
H Chamberlain
99 Winchester Rd
Countesthorpe
Leicester
Can you kindly check your callbooks and help?
Thanks in advance.
--
73 de Guy G4DWV/4X1LT
Not in 1984 callbook, which is the oldest I have. It skips from G2FMW to G2FNI.
Also not listed under GD, GJ, GM, GU, GW etc...
Nothing in the 1950 callbook there's no address match either.

G2FMU to G2FNI skipped

A mention of him here ,

http://g4foc.org/Resources/FOCUS/97.pdf

However he may have the callsign wrong here too.

Brian
Brian Howie
Graham.
2018-03-29 20:43:22 UTC
Post by Guy G4DWV 4X1LT
Hi all,
I was emailed by a chap who is trying to verify his fathers callsign.
He thinks it was G2FNA. The licence was granted in 1946.
His details would have been:-
H Chamberlain
99 Winchester Rd
Countesthorpe
Leicester
Can you kindly check your callbooks and help?
Thanks in advance.
There is an H Chamberlain with the callsign 3LC residing at 66 Baker
St. Burton-on-Trent.
Must have been either 1937 or 1938.

http://www.dokufunk.org/upload/g_callbook_20-34.pdf

In the same place I found 2HD Prestwich District Radio Society, No
address. I wonder where they met?
--
Graham.
%Profound_observation%
Guy G4DWV 4X1LT
2018-03-30 16:26:00 UTC
Thanks for that. It is fun looking at old stuff.

Chag Sameach!
73 de Guy G4DWV/4X1LT
Jim.GM4DHJ ...
2018-03-31 07:51:02 UTC
Post by Guy G4DWV 4X1LT
Thanks for that. It is fun looking at old stuff.
that is why people look at me .....tee hee