Wouxun UV8D question please
A. non Eyemouse
2017-06-03 14:08:16 UTC
I had to reset mine and before that, there was a battery graphic
indicating the battery's voltage as well as a numerical indicator.
Since the reset, I just have the Wouxun arrow symbol/trademark. How
can I get the previous opening screen back. There does not seem to be
anything in the manual about setting the opening screen and I
certainly did not expect a reset to revert something that I could not
change back.
On mine it's [Menu] -> 12 PONMSG. [Menu] - rotate dial to desired
message. [Menu] to store.

No software required ;-)
--
Mouse.
Where Morse meets House.
Common Riding ...
how did that appear here ??? ....
A. non Eyemouse
2017-06-03 14:49:52 UTC
Post by Common Riding ...
I had to reset mine and before that, there was a battery graphic
indicating the battery's voltage as well as a numerical indicator.
Since the reset, I just have the Wouxun arrow symbol/trademark. How
can I get the previous opening screen back. There does not seem to be
anything in the manual about setting the opening screen and I
certainly did not expect a reset to revert something that I could not
change back.
On mine it's [Menu] -> 12 PONMSG. [Menu] - rotate dial to desired message.
[Menu] to store.
No software required ;-)
how did that appear here ??? ....
I was too impatient to wait for the mod queue and I know Guy posts in
this group...
--
Mouse.
Where Morse meets House.
Common Riding ...
yes stupid isn't it ....
Guy G4DWV 4X1LT
2017-06-03 16:20:21 UTC
On Sat, 3 Jun 2017 15:08:16 +0100, just as I was about to take a herb,
Post by A. non Eyemouse
On mine it's [Menu] -> 12 PONMSG. [Menu] - rotate dial to desired
message. [Menu] to store.
No software required ;-)
Give that man a cigar! In my case it was item 30 and the name was the
same.

Job done!
73 de Guy G4DWV/4X1LT
A. non Eyemouse
2017-06-03 16:44:48 UTC
Post by A. non Eyemouse
On mine it's [Menu] -> 12 PONMSG. [Menu] - rotate dial to desired
message. [Menu] to store.
No software required ;-)
Give that man a cigar! In my case it was item 30 and the name was the
same.
Job done!
I'll take an eye test voucher. I mis-read it as UV6D. So PONMSG, 12 on
the UV6D, 30 on the UV8D and 40 on the UV9D+ then.
--
Mouse.
Where Morse meets House.
Common Riding ...
go fot the teeth vouchure...or perhaps not
Common Riding ...
2017-06-03 17:59:51 UTC
Post by Common Riding ...
Post by A. non Eyemouse
On mine it's [Menu] -> 12 PONMSG. [Menu] - rotate dial to desired
message. [Menu] to store.
No software required ;-)
Give that man a cigar! In my case it was item 30 and the name was the
same.
Job done!
I'll take an eye test voucher. I mis-read it as UV6D. So PONMSG, 12 on
the UV6D, 30 on the UV8D and 40 on the UV9D+ then.
go fot the teeth vouchure...or perhaps not
ha ha I was kidding but there you go...tee hee