That was short...
Add Reply
Catweazel
2017-06-06 07:33:54 UTC
A brief opening just now on 6m in the direction of the Baltic.
Wasn't expecting that from the tropr forecast 8-)
--
---
http://www.avg.com
Jim GM4DHJ ...
2017-06-06 09:23:54 UTC
Post by Catweazel
A brief opening just now on 6m in the direction of the Baltic.
Wasn't expecting that from the tropr forecast 8-)
--
a the magic band......the magic trick being to listen for very infrequent
openings ....never heard one myself but then again I don't continuously
listen to six ....
Catweazel
2017-06-06 11:08:53 UTC
Post by Catweazel
A brief opening just now on 6m in the direction of the Baltic.
Wasn't expecting that from the tropr forecast 8-)
--
a the magic band......the magic trick being to listen for very infrequent
openings ....never heard one myself but then again I don't continuously
listen to six ....
Neither do I, however this a.m. I was expecting the possibility of
hearing some beacons from the eastern med based on the tropo forecast
- that hasn't happened - yet.
--
---
http://www.avg.com
Jim GM4DHJ ...
2017-06-06 11:11:27 UTC
Post by Catweazel
Post by Jim GM4DHJ ...
Post by Catweazel
A brief opening just now on 6m in the direction of the Baltic.
Wasn't expecting that from the tropr forecast 8-)
--
a the magic band......the magic trick being to listen for very infrequent
openings ....never heard one myself but then again I don't continuously
listen to six ....
Neither do I, however this a.m. I was expecting the possibility of
hearing some beacons from the eastern med based on the tropo forecast
- that hasn't happened - yet.
I can just imagine you on an island like Lesbos shorts on in the shade with
rig on your knee drinking a sherbet .....
Catweazel
2017-06-06 11:20:30 UTC
Post by Catweazel
Post by Jim GM4DHJ ...
Post by Catweazel
A brief opening just now on 6m in the direction of the Baltic.
Wasn't expecting that from the tropr forecast 8-)
--
a the magic band......the magic trick being to listen for very infrequent
openings ....never heard one myself but then again I don't continuously
listen to six ....
Neither do I, however this a.m. I was expecting the possibility of
hearing some beacons from the eastern med based on the tropo forecast
- that hasn't happened - yet.
I can just imagine you on an island like Lesbos shorts on in the shade with
rig on your knee drinking a sherbet .....
That's an attractive picture - beats sitting here watching the wind and
rain lashing down...
--
---
http://www.avg.com
Jim GM4DHJ ...
2017-06-06 11:21:41 UTC
Post by Catweazel
Post by Jim GM4DHJ ...
Post by Catweazel
Post by Jim GM4DHJ ...
Post by Catweazel
A brief opening just now on 6m in the direction of the Baltic.
Wasn't expecting that from the tropr forecast 8-)
--
a the magic band......the magic trick being to listen for very infrequent
openings ....never heard one myself but then again I don't continuously
listen to six ....
Neither do I, however this a.m. I was expecting the possibility of
hearing some beacons from the eastern med based on the tropo forecast
- that hasn't happened - yet.
I can just imagine you on an island like Lesbos shorts on in the shade with
rig on your knee drinking a sherbet .....
That's an attractive picture - beats sitting here watching the wind and
rain lashing down...
thought you were on one of those Spanish islands where homosexuals hang out?
or was that Rambo? ....
Rambo

Catweazel
2017-06-06 11:41:09 UTC
Post by Catweazel
Post by Jim GM4DHJ ...
Post by Catweazel
Post by Jim GM4DHJ ...
Post by Catweazel
A brief opening just now on 6m in the direction of the Baltic.
Wasn't expecting that from the tropr forecast 8-)
--
a the magic band......the magic trick being to listen for very infrequent
openings ....never heard one myself but then again I don't continuously
listen to six ....
Neither do I, however this a.m. I was expecting the possibility of
hearing some beacons from the eastern med based on the tropo forecast
- that hasn't happened - yet.
I can just imagine you on an island like Lesbos shorts on in the shade with
rig on your knee drinking a sherbet .....
That's an attractive picture - beats sitting here watching the wind and
rain lashing down...
thought you were on one of those Spanish islands where homosexuals hang out?
LOL ! perish the thought - haven't been to a "Spanish island" since 2007;
& when I do get to go on vacation outside the UK, the radio stays at
home; after sun, sea & sangria no time for anything else...
--
---
http://www.avg.com
Jim GM4DHJ ...
2017-06-06 11:44:43 UTC
Post by Catweazel
Post by Jim GM4DHJ ...
Post by Catweazel
Post by Jim GM4DHJ ...
Post by Catweazel
Post by Jim GM4DHJ ...
Post by Catweazel
[...]
me too got a Gibraltar reciprical years ago and worked nobody on 2m.....went
to the states and found they were a bunch of jaded unfriendly sods on 2m
Brian Howie
2017-06-06 10:10:10 UTC
Post by Catweazel
A brief opening just now on 6m in the direction of the Baltic.
Wasn't expecting that from the tropr forecast 8-)
I'm hearing 9A9K on CW on 50.096. It must be the worst ever callsign
on CW. He's not sending K at the end of his CQs eitherl.

Brian